Astronomer

[0.25] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Interstellar V2

Which features do you like the most?  

1,314 members have voted

  1. 1. Which features do you like the most?

    • Semi-Procedural Auroras
      147
    • Clouds for Eve & Jool
      216
    • 29MB Lightning
      112
    • Lens Flare
      111
    • Snow
      152
    • Sandstorms and Surface Dust
      250
    • Atmospheric Scattering
      197
    • Interstellar Music Replacement
      100
    • New Sun
      109
    • Surface Glow
      148


Recommended Posts

I am eager to use this mod but I am confused by the number of folders, extra mods, and duplicated files inside the zip. Any chance you could provide simplified installation instructions?

Edited by zKrieg
clarity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, I am interested in using some form of visual enhancement.

So far I am looking at:

Environmental Visual Enhancement

Stock Visual Enhancement

and Astronomer's Visual Pack - Interstellar V2.

 

I like that the first two are available via CKAN.

 

Any thoughts?


Realism/beauty being my main focus.

Thanks for reading.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bitmouse said:

Hey guys, I am interested in using some form of visual enhancement.

So far I am looking at:

Environmental Visual Enhancement

Stock Visual Enhancement

and Astronomer's Visual Pack - Interstellar V2.

 

I like that the first two are available via CKAN.

 

Any thoughts?


Realism/beauty being my main focus.

Thanks for reading.

Stock visual enhancements is probably the most realistic, and it is also being updated, unlike Astronomer's (unless you look here...I'm about to resume shortly)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you guys, currently running SVE and pretty happy with it. May try out Astronomers just to see how I like it. 

 

Would vote to see it in CKAN, know that might take a lot of work though.

And as a non-contributor I understand if that doesn't happen.

 

Thanks for all the great work guys!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, IonIX said:

IT DOES NOT WORK WITH 1.0.5! HELP?

It does work "kinda" but it is only compatible with EVE 7-4 not reboot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2016 at 9:20 AM, IonIX said:

IT DOES NOT WORK WITH 1.0.5! HELP?

If you read the title it says "0.25" not 1.05 This mod is old and unlikely to be renewed, If you want something like it check out KSPRC by @Proot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the sun suppose to look like this?

(I'm using Edge of Oblivion)

http://imgur.com/MPithIv

I don't know if you can see or not but it looks like the default flare is also there along with the new one, cause a weird bumpy edge to the sun.

Edited by CodeFantastic
Picture doesn't work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like you're using Scatterer as well? Scatterer changes the sun as well. Like @V8jester said though it doesn't work with the current EVE model, only the old version 7-4 before it was rebooted. If it still works for you though, great! It was rebooted not because it didn't work per say, but more because rbray wanted to add more/less clunky features to it. The old version should probably still work but don't quote me :D. I had fun messing around with and combining Astronomer's pack and KSPRC in old EVE before the reboot. Good memories those days are...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, CodeFantastic said:

Is the sun suppose to look like this?

(I'm using Edge of Oblivion)

http://imgur.com/MPithIv

I don't know if you can see or not but it looks like the default flare is also there along with the new one, cause a weird bumpy edge to the sun.

Hey I have a couple lens flares ripped from AVP setup for scatterer. I don't have edge of oblivion. If you send me a link I can fix that flare for you.

Oblivion is nolonger available online correct? - or am I dummy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Looks like you're using Scatterer as well? Scatterer changes the sun as well. Like @V8jester said though it doesn't work with the current EVE model, only the old version 7-4 before it was rebooted. If it still works for you though, great! It was rebooted not because it didn't work per say, but more because rbray wanted to add more/less clunky features to it. The old version should probably still work but don't quote me :D. I had fun messing around with and combining Astronomer's pack and KSPRC in old EVE before the reboot. Good memories those days are...

I'm not using scatter, should I be using it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, CodeFantastic said:

I'm not using scatter, should I be using it?

Hmm... Well, my immediate answer is OMG YES but on second thought I'm not sure how compatible with EVE 7-4 it is. It's meant to have compatibility with the reboot but I'm not sure how well it would take to the older version. :) - Sorry I can't answer your sun question though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Hmm... Well, my immediate answer is OMG YES but on second thought I'm not sure how compatible with EVE 7-4 it is. It's meant to have compatibility with the reboot but I'm not sure how well it would take to the older version. :) - Sorry I can't answer your sun question though

 

39 minutes ago, CodeFantastic said:

I'm not using scatter, should I be using it?

I'm using the latest release of Scatterer with the very first release of EVE reboot with a modified version of AVP witch "mostly works" The city lights are all jacked up and the particles aren't working properly but with Scatterer.... but who cares :)

I am a little out of my depth though to really get AVP totally compatible with the current reboot EVE. Been poking about for help but no one has seemed interested so far. @Nhawks17 did however offer a few pointers so I must be fair he has been helpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, V8jester said:

I'm using the latest release of Scatterer with the very first release of EVE reboot with a modified version of AVP witch "mostly works" The city lights are all jacked up and the particles aren't working properly but with Scatterer.... but who cares :)

I am a little out of my depth though to really get AVP totally compatible with the current reboot EVE. Been poking about for help but no one has seemed interested so far. @Nhawks17 did however offer a few pointers so I must be fair he has been helpful.

If any more help is needed feel free to ask, more than happy to help out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So when I install the sunflare stuff, is there anything specific I need to do other than draggin the asset10 file in the Data folder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CodeFantastic said:

So when I install the sunflare stuff, is there anything specific I need to do other than draggin the asset10 file in the Data folder?

Actually that asset file is now out of date. You'd need to do some modifying with the asset manager. I have instructions / links on my forum thread which is linked in my signature. (I'm on my phone ATM, but look at any one of my posts from a computer and the link will be there)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, this or SVE?

Edited by Table

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Table said:

So, this or SVE?

If I may make a suggestion, I'd recommend SVE for the time-being; SVE works pretty much as-is with 1.0.5, and would be a lot easier to install and play. Just my suggestion, though... no offense to the creator of AVP!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KerbalMan23 said:

When will this be updated?

this hasn't been updated in ages, and as Astronomer hasn't really been around, I doubt it will be any time soon. Not to mention, EVE has been entirely rebuilt since the last time this was updated, so porting it will not only be very difficult, it would be nearly impossible, and you'd never get quite the same look, since some of EVE's features that make this pack so beautiful no longer exist (mostly nighttime visible clouds and dedicated aurora configs). Use SVE or another pack from now on, or at least in the mean time. You may find you like them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, gkorgood said:

this hasn't been updated in ages, and as Astronomer hasn't really been around, I doubt it will be any time soon. Not to mention, EVE has been entirely rebuilt since the last time this was updated, so porting it will not only be very difficult, it would be nearly impossible, and you'd never get quite the same look, since some of EVE's features that make this pack so beautiful no longer exist (mostly nighttime visible clouds and dedicated aurora configs). Use SVE or another pack from now on, or at least in the mean time. You may find you like them.

I wouldn't say "nearly impossible". It would just mean relearning the system which is more annoying than anything :P. It's definitely doable, but still not likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would it be possible to recompile the former, proper version of EVE, 7-4 I believe for KSP 1.1 to make this work? I'm looking into doing it myself, because I've legitimately been waiting for a stable X64 bit for a year or more so I could run this pack. It is the best looking one out there..

How would I go about this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that i can finally use EVE without constant crashes it would be pretty nice to have an updated version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.