[0.25] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Interstellar V2

Astronomer

Which features do you like the most?  

1,335 members have voted

1. 1. Which features do you like the most?

• Semi-Procedural Auroras
    • Clouds for Eve & Jool
    • 29MB Lightning
    • Lens Flare
    • Snow
    • Sandstorms and Surface Dust
    • Atmospheric Scattering
    • Interstellar Music Replacement
    • New Sun
    • Surface Glow

I'm still not clear on how to install the lens flare. Any help?

I have just found out that the recommended lens flare is outdated. I will re upload the main file and provide a lens-flare-only link to those who don't want to re-download the whole thing for this one feature.

Looks great, but I can't use it... I do like playing with other mods installed so it's back the Edge of Oblivion.

I mean, this is great and all, but since quite a bit of people play with other mods installed - some of which won't work on x64 - things need to be toned down. Everything may look great in the pictures, but they do nothing when I can't even get my game to load them because it nukes my RAM.

Looks great, but I can't use it... I do like playing with other mods installed so it's back the Edge of Oblivion.

I mean, this is great and all, but since quite a bit of people play with other mods installed - some of which won't work on x64 - things need to be toned down. Everything may look great in the pictures, but they do nothing when I can't even get my game to load them because it nukes my RAM.

try running in openGL mode. frees up a ton of RAM

Astronomer, my hat of to you! :cool:

As I downloaded it only hours after you released it, right or wrong lens flare, this looks amazing!

Yes, I`ve kept my old skybox ;)

LBDhXj4.png

UvbT8C6.png

KBSrJyL.png

Mpe2XmJ.png

dQkG1Bq.png

o7XmTWi.png

Apologies for the images if unwanted, but it just looks so frigging amazing :D

Edited by Kamuchi

Astronomer, my hat of to you! :cool:

As I downloaded it only hours after you released it, right or wrong lens flare, this looks amazing!

Yes, I`ve kept my old skybox ;)

http://i.imgur.com/LBDhXj4.png

http://i.imgur.com/UvbT8C6.png

http://i.imgur.com/KBSrJyL.png

http://i.imgur.com/Mpe2XmJ.png

http://i.imgur.com/dQkG1Bq.png

http://i.imgur.com/o7XmTWi.png

Apologies for the images if unwanted, but it just looks so frigging amazing :D

That's amazing! Really like that skybox too!

I must admit though that that lens flare is too bright and it doesn't behave as it should. I can't change its behavior, but I have been able to make it blend in much better:

JOaogb7.gif

Here's the link to it: http://www./download/9bigl6m583i9kv2/Astronomer%27s+Lens+Flare.zip#39;s_Lens_Flare.zip

That's amazing! Really like that skybox too!

I must admit though that that lens flare is too bright and it doesn't behave as it should. I can't change its behavior, but I have been able to make it blend in much better:

http://i.imgur.com/JOaogb7.gif

Here's the link to it: http://www./download/9bigl6m583i9kv2/Astronomer%27s+Lens+Flare.zip#39;s_Lens_Flare.zip

That looks better indeed as less intrusive, will give it a try thanks :D

The super killer high res cloud layers are a delight to fly through and I can see where I land compared to the clouds from befor :P

Das said I lived in a nebula lol

It`s the eve-online gallente skybox, slightly too low res, but what can you do :)

Edited by Kamuchi

Finally got it running, thanks for the advice on halving the textures it really helped out and its absolutely beautiful!

The only thing I would like to change is the cloud cover, is it possible to use the older edge of oblivion style?

If anyone knows if this works in 6.4x kerbin, I'd be happy. Otherwise, I'll test it myself when I get the chance :)

I haven't tested it, but it should work. Although you are probably gonna wanna changes some altitude values for obvious reasons.

If you do that, feel free to post a cfg here. I would gladly put that on the main post.

Where are you all getting that different-looking sun from? Mine looks much less pointy and far more yellow...

Same here; although I suspect it's because I opted to NOT install the lens flare. However, I'm going to change that when I get home today since the lens flare doesn't look too oppressive and actually looks pretty sick.

Hello all, I'm fairly certain I'm installing this correctly, however I do not have any clouds. I am using RSS 1/10th scale (So it's about the same size as Kerbin) but clouds aren't showing up. Any advice/tips/tricks would be greatly appreciated.

Hello all, I'm fairly certain I'm installing this correctly, however I do not have any clouds. I am using RSS 1/10th scale (So it's about the same size as Kerbin) but clouds aren't showing up. Any advice/tips/tricks would be greatly appreciated.

far as i know all the cloud packs work poorly on rss unless u tweak hell out of them. as stated before if u lower the reso on clouds to 2048 it cus the ram usage of the clouds alone from 400ish to 100ish

Use -force-opengl or ATM and/or reduce the size of cloud textures to do that.

I remove a lot of the .cfg files from ATM to save a little space, which one belongs to this visual pack? I assume its EVE but I'll go ahead and ask anyway. Also, I've also been having a very difficult time telling whether or not ATM is even working on my machine...I have it installed, but seeing as its crashing I'm not sure its even functioning. Can I reorganize the files in GameData so that ATM loads first?......would that even help? And what is this " -force-opengl " you speak of?

I remove a lot of the .cfg files from ATM to save a little space, which one belongs to this visual pack? I assume its EVE but I'll go ahead and ask anyway. Also, I've also been having a very difficult time telling whether or not ATM is even working on my machine...I have it installed, but seeing as its crashing I'm not sure its even functioning. Can I reorganize the files in GameData so that ATM loads first?......would that even help? And what is this " -force-opengl " you speak of?

go into your game data and look at ActiveTextureManagement\textureCache this is where atm stores the cache of files its worked on. most pople dont know when u installe a new .cfg for atm once u load the game to the start screen u have ot exit the game normaly.

if u still crashing u more than likely need to remove some stuff u probaly getting OOM crash wich is usng to much ram ksp crash. if u using the entier full pack of astors it usa a good 800+mb of ram alone.

go into your game data and look at ActiveTextureManagement\textureCache this is where atm stores the cache of files its worked on. most pople dont know when u installe a new .cfg for atm once u load the game to the start screen u have ot exit the game normaly.

if u still crashing u more than likely need to remove some stuff u probaly getting OOM crash wich is usng to much ram ksp crash. if u using the entier full pack of astors it usa a good 800+mb of ram alone.

if its not the whole mono.dll access violation shpeel (that's a B9 problem right? its the OOM. With all of the Astronomer stuff installed I cant even get to the start screen. It will occasionally load on 64bit but we all know how much of a nightmare that is. Some of the BolderCo stuff is in the cache file but yeah......still crashes. Would putting ATM on Aggressive help?

if its not the whole mono.dll access violation shpeel (that's a B9 problem right? its the OOM. With all of the Astronomer stuff installed I cant even get to the start screen. It will occasionally load on 64bit but we all know how much of a nightmare that is. Some of the BolderCo stuff is in the cache file but yeah......still crashes. Would putting ATM on Aggressive help?

maybe but a beter bet is to remove some stuff u dont realy use. for example b9 has some fluff stuff u could call like the panels and such if u dont use the part remove it. every mod i have installed isnt the full mod. ill go thru on a test install and remove every part from the mod i know i wont use.

here what i recommend go thru and remove temp b9 and other heavy mods boot up game and see ram usage. so u know atm is a bandaid it not gonna save u if u trying to load a game that would use 4.5gb of ram. u have learn wich mods u want to sacrafice for another. on average ksp crash around 3.5gb ram it varis as low as 3.1 to as high as mine that crashes at 3.8gb its a variaiton on each system.

like i stated ealier if u install astros pack with full parts u looking at 1gb of ram use for it. for me i installed just the clouds and that along was nearly 500mb. lowering the reso fo the files from 8k to 2k lowered the ram usage down to less than 100 for the clouds.

Hi,

Is it possible to change the colors of Duna's clouds like "Edge of Oblivion" ?

Is it possible to remove the transparency of Eve, when we are in space ?

I love this new version, but these are my two regrets in comparison to "Edge of Oblivion".

Hi,

Is it possible to change the colors of Duna's clouds like "Edge of Oblivion" ?

Is it possible to remove the transparency of Eve, when we are in space ?

I love this new version, but these are my two regrets in comparison to "Edge of Oblivion".

just copy over the settings for the clouds from edge of oblivion then. the clouds all have settings u can change yourself.

I'm liking what I'm seeing, especially the new skyboxes, the lens flare, the auroras, the Munar/Minmus dust/mist, Moho's belted radiation, and even Laythe's glowy clouds.

However, Jool seems off to me, and Eve seems less "purple Venus" and more like "cotton candy planet" (that's a bit disappointing), also do Eve's clouds have SOME transparency, to help with figuring landing coordinates?

I'll need to see if this Plugin will not weigh down my current non-vanilla game (SpaceY Heavy Lifters, Karbonite/K+, MechJeb, Infernal Robotics, and SCANsat).

just copy over the settings for the clouds from edge of oblivion then. the clouds all have settings u can change yourself.

Thank you, but I thought that this method could create conflicts.

I will keep the features of the "Step 4" of "Interstellar" ?

I'm liking what I'm seeing, especially the new skyboxes, the lens flare, the auroras, the Munar/Minmus dust/mist, Moho's belted radiation, and even Laythe's glowy clouds.

However, Jool seems off to me, and Eve seems less "purple Venus" and more like "cotton candy planet" (that's a bit disappointing), also do Eve's clouds have SOME transparency, to help with figuring landing coordinates?

I agree with you for Eve clouds

I also use Karbonite/Karbonite +, and find Karborundum on the old Eve, it represented a bigger challenge.

But I prefer the new effect seen from the ground.

Edited by Canauos