[0.25] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Interstellar V2

Astronomer

Which features do you like the most?  

1,335 members have voted

1. 1. Which features do you like the most?

• Semi-Procedural Auroras
    • Clouds for Eve & Jool
    • 29MB Lightning
    • Lens Flare
    • Snow
    • Sandstorms and Surface Dust
    • Atmospheric Scattering
    • Interstellar Music Replacement
    • New Sun
    • Surface Glow

Well i've run into another issue. Using the OpenGL mod i was able to get the game to start up. I see it loading all the cloud textures but when I get to actually playing the game, all the clouds are gone. Lens flare, planet shine are still there but no clouds or anything really from the Astronomer .cfg's themselves. Any ideas?

Try deleting the BoulderCo folder then reinstalling EVE then AVP.

will my GPU would be able to stand such thing? Im using nVidia GTX Geforce 860m Im not home right now and will try later, thanks

I would think so. Hard to say, I'm assuming with the 'm' suffix that you're using a laptop. I haven't gamed on a laptop in a long time. Just try it and see what happens.

This is all information I can give you. What this tells me though is that Interstellar was not installed on a clean copy of KSP since those auroras (correct me if I'm wrong) only come with Edge of Oblivion.

EDIT: If this is not the case - something might be wrong with your ram/vram.

That is the case.

Just which files I need to remove to make them disappear?

(Running about 70 mods, so I didn't dare to remove BoulderCo-folder and risk breaking other mods as well)

Wow, this looks so good but sadly i have some trouble to get it running, even with ATM. I have some questions before it try instaling it again:

How exactly is this pack related to the movie Interstellar? I will watch it tomorrow, now i only see a enhanced version of the stock Kerbol system (nothing has changed colors, right?)

What do i need to get this pack running well? I have a x64 Windows (and 8gb RAM), but the x64 KSP seems very unstable and most mods doesnt want to use it. So Linux is the only real option, right?

What hardware limits the resolution of the cloudtextures? Is it only RAM or do i need an extremly strong GPU/CPU (i have a i5 3570k @4,2Ghz and a AMD HD 7970)?

Where do i have to place the skybox textures?

Where is the updated version of this mod? I downloaded today from curse (link in the OP) but it still has the issues like the wrong link for Texturereplacer.

Edit: Forget the last question, found the answer. When will you reupload? What about KerbalStuff?

Edited by Elthy

Well i've run into another issue. Using the OpenGL mod i was able to get the game to start up. I see it loading all the cloud textures but when I get to actually playing the game, all the clouds are gone. Lens flare, planet shine are still there but no clouds or anything really from the Astronomer .cfg's themselves. Any ideas?

I'm having the exact same issue with a completely fresh install. I wiped out the KSP folder and let steam re-install it, then installed EVE, PlanetShine, and DOE etc. THEN put in the AVP pack stuff. Possibly an issue with EVE?

EDIT: Found that people are having this issue with the new version of ATM installed. There's a work-around on that thread, however hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Edited by rottielover

My game stops loading and crashes when it gets to the texture aurora2 with ATM. Loads fine without ATM on 64 bit, though for some reason my control surfaces don't work on my vehicles from the VAB and is frustrating me as I can't get any payloads into space (I suspect this is a problem with running it on 64 bit?)

Update: I just downloaded the latest version of ATM and now the loading gets stuck on the texture kerbin1

Edited by Peregrinuus

I am making an optional optimized version of the pack without making any major changes in quality or removing of any visual features (other than the Main Menu Logo which was 89MB). Full changelist will be provided on the file page. The original Interstellar file is now listed as Beta (right under the optimized Release file which isn't there yet).

Are you currently uploading the file and its worth to press F5 every coulple minutes or are you still working on it?

Am I the only one experiencing a major memory leak?

Running this alongside several other mods, with Active Texture Management (aggressive) and OpenGL.

Everytime I look at a distant planetoid from LKO the game totally lags out for a few seconds, even causing my iTunes to crash for a moment.

Dunno if this is related to this mod or the Texture compressor.

Oh also, I can't install the "wormhole" aspect of the Sun. Everytime I do, the game crashes on loading for some reason.

Are you currently uploading the file and its worth to press F5 every coulple minutes or are you still working on it?

At the time you posted it already said that I'm currently uploading it just below. Unfortunately this will take hours to days.

Just keep in mind that even V2 is 390.8MB in size.

The upload seems to have gotten a bit faster. Hopefully the file won't get rejected once it's done - I will be away starting tomorrow (someone else might have to upload it for me at a later date).

Edited by Astronomer

Just keep in mind that even V2 is 390.8MB in size.

The upload seems to have gotten a bit faster. Hopefully the file won't get rejected once it's done - I will be away starting tomorrow (someone else might have to upload it for me at a later date).

So. whats different in V2 ?