[Be Honest] Is it weird that I have 3 different installs of KSP on my mac?

SpaceLaunchSystem

I know it's a weird question in itself, but besides the main question, I wanted to know if multiple installs would somehow conflict with each other.

My three installs are: One with a bunch of mods, another with significantly less mods, and one that's completely stock.

P.S. Sorry this post is so short. I can't really find anything else to say.

I have installs dating back to 0.21.1 on my current computer, and every single install back to 0.13 on my other computer. Occasionally, when I'm out of ideas playing New-KSP, I play an older version instead. You wouldn't believe how it feels to close down KSP 0.14 and open KSP 0.25. It seems like the entire game is so full of possibility, and it's where I get some of my best (and craziest) ideas.

Having a bunch of installs is a good thing. And I'm crazier than you are. Not sure if this is comforting, but it's the best I can offer :)

I've got about 20 installs currently and I've kept all the original copies of each version going back to when I started which was 0.15. I try to not let it get out of hand otherwise I end up being confused about where I left certain craft!

[edit]oh and because I'm a digital hoarder, I've got copies of all the mods I've downloaded for each version too (as if someday I might actually play a modded 0.15 again,)[/edit]

Out of curiosity, I'm I right in guessing that most of the multiple install folk are store downloaders rather than steam users?

Edited by katateochi

Weird? Maybe. We're all a bit off anyway. I've always kept around an install of the previous version, and typically have a third install for RSS too.

But why point out that it's on a mac?

Because we want everyone to know who we are so they can shower us with pity for gaming on an inferior platform. ;)

I know it's a weird question in itself, but besides the main question, I wanted to know if multiple installs would somehow conflict with each other.

My three installs are: One with a bunch of mods, another with significantly less mods, and one that's completely stock.

P.S. Sorry this post is so short. I can't really find anything else to say.

the weirdest part is that you use a mac for gaming... or anything for that matter

you said be honest afterall

Fellow OS X user here, I have two installs, one is a full-blown RSS+RO mode and the other is a relatively normal (still modded) install. My computer was never meant for KSP though and so it does not run at the best speeds but I can still get by with no real big issues.

I remember the days of IL2 where I needed at least 3 different installs, thankfully someone came up with a nice switcher so we could turn some mods on and off. Even with a switcher I still needed two installs!

Took up masses of space at a time when SSDs were not cheap, I only had one small one for my OS and one bigger one for flight sims and alike. Each install of IL2 was over 16GB with all relevant mods etc installed.

Sad times as eventually all the mod fractuality killed the Coop gaming community. It was actually a way better game before the big modding game along and all we had was vanilla! Squadrons were split in half as one favoured one mod and another favoured the other, What was a group of about 20 active team mates became 4 and my interest for the game died.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.