[Movie Crafts] Project Arctic Craft Submission Thread

Vagani

--Project Arctic Craft Submission Thread--

--Project Arctic--

What is Project Arctic?

Project Arctic is an ambitious project to create a film using KSP, the Project will stretch from late 2014 onwards, and hopefully the end outcome will be a high quality interesting film for the KSP community to make.

Who am I?

I am a humble car and vehicle creator in KSP, I run two companies; Vagani Car Manufacturers and Vagani-Gara. I’ve never undertook a project this large and inspiring before and I look forward to the learning curve and working with you guys/girls. J

What are we hoping to achieve?

Well I’d love this to be an example for squad to show what this game can do. I’d also like to reach out and tell the gaming community what a great game KSP is. The end product should be an exciting grabbing story that makes you want to keep watching rather than drop off because we don’t want that now do we? :P

Links to stuff for this project

Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/KSPProjectArctic

What Do We Need?

We need you, the community to submit various crafts for our film, I'm afraid we can't have any wacky inventions though, they need to be believable, so good luck and we'll try and uses as many as possible. If you use mods, please list which ones and we'll see if they are viable.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Name: Arctic Explorer 1

Job: Off-road exploration vehicle

Mods: None

Here is a list of crafts we are looking for:

Rovers

Mobile Bases

Landers

Outposts

Alien Structures

Science!!! Equipment

Planes

Ships

Space Stations

Space Debris

Good Luck!!

Hey! This is an awesome Idea and I've joined the steam group. Here's a high altitude craft I built called Pisces - 1. It's not an amazing name however it's capable of high altitude flying. 6 Turbojet engines and crews 2. My highest speed with it is 1.8 km/s @ ~22,000 m altitude before it flames out. Plenty of fuel to go round Kerbin. It's first mission was to the south pole! It's stock too. Here's some pics in the album http://imgur.com/a/XDdnp

Craft File ---> https://www.dropbox.com/s/c2h8ppgxcelp8na/Pisces%20-%201.craft?dl=0

Enjoy!

Edited by KcEdwards

but why getting ICBMs in planes? isnt it the opposite of their purpose?

It's one of the old cold war concepts where you'd have to hunt down and destroy the ICBM launch platforms. It's significantly harder to hunt down and destroy dozens of flying missiles (continuously in the air in rotating shifts) than a few submarines loaded with dozens of missiles. Land based silos are also vulnerable to surprise nuclear strikes, even with hardening measures.

It's kind of like a road mobile ICBM. Israel's Jericho 3 is potentially road mobile.

road is different then air

It is, but the concept of a moving and dispersed launch platform is similar. It's even harder to destroy multiple aircraft flying around remote parts of the planet, guaranteeing a nuclear second strike capability.

That's why they originally developed the Skybolt for the Vulcan bomber.

Edited by andrew123

I was asked to build a docking station....i've never needed a docking station so i went over board... :3 ... well here is the Sun Spider Station! 260+ parts and very beautiful it can hold 9 2.5 crafts and 24 1.25 crafts (well tanks....) spacebar opens the solars and 1 opens the shielded docking ports. DOWNLOAD

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Could you make use of something like this?

DnHOHJ4.png

This is just a little Idea I had today, I'll build bigger, and better looking >:D

Edit: thx for the rep Vagani. I'll post a craft when I have a more sophisticated design.

Edited by Socke

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.