Cinimatic

Hello,

i have been looking through you tube today and i saw some really cool KSP cinematics. i decided i wanted to make one

, so i got camera tools 1.2. then a hit a wall...

my webcam software could record the screen(doesn't use webcam) but if i put ksp into full screen it would just record the desktop.

if ksp wasn't in full screen then i would have the border of the game in the video. and i cant cut it out with my video editing software.

what program should i get so i can record ksp in full screen?

Edited by natonator200

Use OBS, Its completely free, good quality, no watermark, and it exports to lowfile size MP4s, which you can upload directly to YouTube. Here's a video I recorded of FAR tearing my aircraft apart with OBS:

Refer to these tutorials to get started:

https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/how-to-make-high-quality-local-recordings.16/

About a year and a half ago I got into doing Let's Plays for a different game. Still do them. However, a lot of what you're going to produce will probably go on YouTube, right?

The problem with YouTube is if you don't deploy to YouTube in 16:9 exactly, you get stuck in a 4:3 ratio (or stretched by their systems, which usually looks horrid). Most current monitors are a form of 16:10, which means full-screen gets wonky unless you're going to actually adjust your desktop. Depending on your Video Editing Software will depend on exactly how much you can adjust that prior to compression and export. Either you're trimming or squishing your game visuals though, no matter how you approach it.

Because of that, I recommend you get Bandicam or another recorder that you can set to an exact area of the desktop. Bandicam is relatively cheap (full copy was $40 for a single PC license) and works quite well. It also can be set to exact settings (1280x720, for example) so you can size your game window into the recording window exactly. This will let you take out the game window borders by dragging them around.

A lot of this will depend on exactly what you're intending to do with things. In general though I recommend you try a bunch of different software with their trial packages and see which you're most comfortable with during recording and post-production.

OK, thanks for your advice. here's my conclusion:

Obs: i got a "Could not initialize DirectX10" error message

Mirrlilis Action: looks awesome, demo sucks

fraps: didn't try

baditcam: didnt try

DXtory: works great because i figured out how to remove the water mark(my personal choice)

Thanks for all your help!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.