[1.0.4] LLL - Lack Luster Labs (Space-boxes!) [LLL-14 - 20JUN2014]

Lack

CONTINUED HERE: 

ZUA4CUM.png

Scroll down for download links

------ LLL ------

Inspired by shows and movies like Space: 1999 and Moon; the parts are big, boxy and in space (providing you get them out the atmosphere. You might want something like Extraplanetary launchpads).

Staff:

Myself (Lack)

E0accsh.png

MrWizerd

anQacbd.jpg

Dakota2063 + Katalliaan

- Who's actually got this working for 1.0+ - So send them some rep.

Thanks to a number of other people who have contributed: Including: Ember, Dakota2063 and some more where I've forgotten who's done what.

------ Downloads ------

LLL-14.0 - 17DEC2015:

https://github.com/Signatum/LLL/archive/master.zip

Tweakscale also strongly recommended. You may want something along the lines of CrewManifest to deal with moving crew around the hull parts and to air-locks, since some parts don't have an inbuilt hatch.

Pictures:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Example vido from 'Liarra Sniffles' (this is pretty damn cool):

7sgPdFW.png

i0Wyat9.png

Change log:

Added an 'End piece ramp' ([url]http://imgur.com/a/bXiLn[/url])
Fixed older fuel-tank types not loading part of their model
Fixed missing fuel-type for karbonite
Added configs for Deadly-re-entry, Connected Living Space, Remote tech
Fixed a few other minor bugs

Older:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39086055/LLL-12-2.zip

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39086055/LLL-12-Extra.zip

Important Notice: RAM Usage

Any crashes you receive while using this mod will be due to running out of memory as it's purely a parts mod, see the FAQ for advice.

Github for bug-reporting:

https://github.com/Signatum/LLL/issues

______

FAQ:

Install instructions:

The 'LLL' folder (containing 'Parts', 'Ships' & 'Spaces') must placed in GameData.

KSP_win\GameData\LLL\

if you do not do this majority of the parts will not load. This is because the majority of the parts use the MODEL{} function, which requires the pathway be exact. e.g.

MODEL
{
	model = LLL/Parts/FuelTank/LLL2x1/model
	texture = model001_NRM , LLL/Parts/Structural/LLL2x1Hull/HullNorm
}

I can't find the parts I had in the last version, what happened to the 4x2 parts?

I've been pretty harsh in clearing out the 'clutter' parts in the mod. I've also set up the mod to support tweakscale and firespitter to make the parts a bit more flexable.

If you're not using tweakscale, most of the larger parts can be re-enabled by deleting 'GameData/LLL/LLL_PartDisableLargerSizes.cfg'

Other parts are found in 'GameData/LLL/LLL_PartDisabler.cfg'

You can either delete those files, or open them up and remove bit relating to the part you want. I've tried to keep it documented, so it's split into sections like '// ----- Additional Cockpits -----'

KSP starts crashing when I install LLL.

Things to try:

> Go to the game's options: Turn texture resolution to 'Half Res', for some reason this reduces the memory usage (especially between screen changes).

> Use this: 'Active Texture Management'

> Start deleting parts. Best be careful with the LLL ones, a lot of parts reference other part's models and textures. Try just deleting the textures and .cfg for parts and leave the .mu file, at first.

Modding info

.blender files, Unity screenshots, etc available for individual parts on request. Just tell me the part and I'll send it over. Otherwise you can use Blender 2.7+ and taniwha's .mu importer to get the model files.

Licence info

I'm getting an error from ModuleManager in the PartDisabler config, but couldn't track it down - anyone else have that?

I was having that the other day, I might not have uploaded the fix. I've just misnamed one of the part-names (there's an errant space in there or something), so it throws an error and doesn't disable the part (think it's a 4x1 hull). Nothing too bad anyway.

@LitaAlto,

Yeah, it needed doing. LLL got a teeny bit neglected, and I suspect it largely fell out of use. Didn't help that I lost the links to the imgur albums explaining what it does (remember to back up your OP in a text file incase you edit over it) and never replaced them.

Tempted to do some fancy graphics/renders explaining what's what now.

My LLL antennas have recently been breaking off in atmo under RT2+FAR. Any ideas?

And yes, they are not activated. Also getting the same results if i put them uder Procedural or KW fairings.

Hmm, I'm not sure. I haven't used RT2 in a long while, but I'll check it out.

That is a good thing the thread is splitted.

Do you know how to re enable the spherical tanks that can be seen in the first picture of this thread?

No problem, I'd replaced their role with the fancy looking ones, but if you go to 'GameData/LLL/LLL_PartDisabler.cfg' and remove these (below) lines near the bottom of the file; that should add them in (although they're not set up for fuel-switching).

@PART[LLL2x1kethFuelSphere]:NEEDS[Firespitter]
{
!TechRequired = DELETE
!entryCost = DELETE
category = -1
}
@PART[LLL2x1FuelSphere]:NEEDS[Firespitter]
{
!TechRequired = DELETE
!entryCost = DELETE
category = -1
}

Hmm, I'm not sure. I haven't used RT2 in a long while, but I'll check it out.

No problem, I'd replaced their role with the fancy looking ones, but if you go to 'GameData/LLL/LLL_PartDisabler.cfg' and remove these (below) lines near the bottom of the file; that should add them in (although they're not set up for fuel-switching).

@PART[LLL2x1kethFuelSphere]:NEEDS[Firespitter]
{
!TechRequired = DELETE
!entryCost = DELETE
category = -1
}
@PART[LLL2x1FuelSphere]:NEEDS[Firespitter]
{
!TechRequired = DELETE
!entryCost = DELETE
category = -1
}

I'm actually thinking of making the spherical tanks and twin spherical tanks as parts that can switch fuels, just like the new tanks. Will post them When I finish them.

Yeah, it needed doing. LLL got a teeny bit neglected, and I suspect it largely fell out of use. Didn't help that I lost the links to the imgur albums explaining what it does (remember to back up your OP in a text file incase you edit over it) and never replaced them.

I still use it a lot for bases and stations and stuff. It's got all the structural parts you could need. As long as nothing breaks, this mod is fine as it is.

Some stuff:

VKfvxEl.png

VbHMjfp.png

TtZ5HKZ.png

CG4oARg.png

And the Space Opera House!

387997_529150337130931_2000236945_n.jpg?oh=416fb77d07b4fc6adf0ac209d2e9f354&oe=551653E0&__gda__=1426876521_b07c5d388574acfd22cee6754b07e753

Edited by Tw1

That 's what I did, but the part that appears is the same as the 2x11box, it does not have the spheres. ;.;

Regarding the LLL antenna issue...

With the help of good folk over at the RT2 thread i seem to have resolved the issue. Apperently my old LLL-RT2 MM cfgs had a line RT2 no longer likes.

Its...

MaxQ = *

... in case anyone else runs into the issue.

That 's what I did, but the part that appears is the same as the 2x11box, it does not have the spheres. ;.;

Squad changed the file pathway, you need to open the configs in 'GameData\LLL\Parts\FuelTank\OLD\2x1\2x1RoundFuel' and change the line

model = Squad/Parts/FuelTank/radialRCSTank/model

to

model = Squad/Parts/FuelTank/RCSTankRadial/model

I'll be uploading 13.1 later on, it's fixed in that.

@Vrana,

Thanks for finding that out, I'm adding MrWizerds remote-tech configs that I'd forgotten to add as well. You could possibly merge that with your one.

Edited by Lack

I don't have those i think 2X4 parts.

Is that ok or it is a bug?

I don't have all the parts i had few versions ago

That's deliberate, it's set up to support tweakscale instead, means there's just 'Quite a lot of parts' rather than 'oh God, I'm drowning in parts'

The larger sizes can be re-enabled by deleting 'GameData/LLL/LLL_PartDisableLargerSizes.cfg'

and the other disabled parts can be found in 'GameData/LLL/LLL_PartDisabler.cfg'

You can either delete those files, or open them up and remove bit relating to the part you want. I've tried to keep it documented, so it's split into sections like '// ----- Additional Cockpits -----'

Edit:

I've added a bit to the FAQ about this as well.

Edited by Lack

That's deliberate, it's set up to support tweakscale instead, means there's just 'Quite a lot of parts' rather than 'oh God, I'm drowning in parts'

The larger sizes can be re-enabled by deleting 'GameData/LLL/LLL_PartDisableLargerSizes.cfg'

and the other disabled parts can be found in 'GameData/LLL/LLL_PartDisabler.cfg'

Edit:

I've added a bit to the FAQ about this as well.

Thanks for the help! Anyway how to use weapons?

Thanks for the help! Anyway how to use weapons?

You'll want BDarmoury , haven't personally used it in a while, so there may be a few bugs with my parts.

Edit: Release

LLL-13.1

Download - Dropbox

Added an 'End piece ramp' ([url]http://imgur.com/a/bXiLn[/url])
Fixed older fuel-tank types not loading part of their model
Fixed missing fuel-type for karbonite
Added configs for Deadly-re-entry, Connected Living Space, Remote tech
Fixed a few other minor bugs

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Lack

Awesome! Very cool update.

EDIT: One quick thing - it seems the airlock doors are not getting textured (LLL/Parts/Utility/Airlock)

And a question - how come things like 3x1 and 4x1 hulls / tanks are disabled by default...? (am just deleting those lines from the disabler cfg)

SECOND EDIT: appears some model files are missing from this version (3x1 stuff and many adaptors - no directories for them in LLL/Models/)

And finally, the 2x1 solar panel part, when extended, says its receiving direct sun when the panels are pointed away from the sun... =(

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

@ Lack

Thank you for the update and fixing the karbonite tanks.

3-2x1RoundFuel

name = FSfuelSwitch

Line 71 is missing ";Karbonite"

Can you have a look at the 4x2NucENG it not loading I know why.

I did find that line 33 -- model Squad/Parts/FuelTank/radialRCSTank/model

The new file path from Squad -- Squad\Parts\FuelTank\RCSTankRadial

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.