[1.0.4] LLL - Lack Luster Labs (Space-boxes!) [LLL-14 - 20JUN2014]

Lack

In case it interests anyone other than me, here is a MM config I wrote that adds secondary stack nodes to most (probably missed a few) 2x1 parts that didn't already have them. Meaning the 2x1 standard tank, for example, how has 3 nodes on top and 3 on bottom, one in the middle and two others to the side that you can attach 1x1 parts to. I also did stackSymmetry = 1 on these parts so you can attach stuff symmetrically (hopefully).

Here's a link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59567837/AddNodesToLLL.cfg

License, I guess? You can do whatever you want with it, but if you want to use/redistribute it, a line somewhere with a credit would be cool!

so im having a texture issue with the [Windowed Hull (Experimental)] which appears to have a different texture in the VAB than in the SPH. Dull grey in the SPH and super bright glowing nuclear white in the VAB

possibly a slected state issue? doesn't have the typical greenish hue of an item in selected state so im not sure, just guessing

Lack, as far as the two turrets they are working but they fire two shells instead of just one. I've not tested the ion cannons at all.

I believe the smaller cannon is supposed to fire 2, since it is double barrel. However, the larger cannon only has one barrel but fires 2 projectiles at once.

Hi everyone.

This post is adressed to Lack. First : your packs absolutely ROCKS. And these words are light. The windows are just amazing. The legs, rovers parts. Oh I love it. See I removed B9 as it cluttered my parts list, but you just refilled it.

A little messy, but when you know your way around mods, you can get it working quite alright with the parts you like ;p.

Secondly, and that's the reason why I posted here, I just found a way to resolve a texture bug (I like to push my x64 Linux KSP to it's limits, I'm currently running it around 6Go...) and I wanted to share it here.

The MkVHog started having it's texture all white when I added the SXT parts I liked the most (and by the way, let me say it was a pain to understand the architecture of it :P). I tried tweaking the settings a bit, but nothing worked. I then tried to convert the .tgas to .mbm, and it came back. I then tried .png, as I know some people have memory issues :P, and it worked well too ^^

I saw that the .pngs were lighter too (around 30-50 Kos)

I don't know anything about coding, but wouldn't it be better ? Anyway, the pack is great, thanks for updating it :)

Edited by Klakh

Does anyone know why I don't have the option to change the tank setup like in the second to last image from the imgur. I also don't have the option to change the hulls and such

You need an up to date version of Firespitter; I should have one bundled in the re-packaged download now, but you can find it here also it here.

@RobotsAndSpaceships,

I think there used to be one someone had written floating around, but I've looked at hotrocket configs and ended up backing away slowly. They look pretty complicated, so definitely a rainy Sunday and a pot of tea job.

@people with texture problems,

It's to do with them being .tga files, yes. I'll need to batch convert them at some point, but there's a few so it'll take a while I think. Ironically I switched from .png as the texture loader for that used to have problems and end up taking silly amounts of RAM, and then a few updates later the tga loader broke :/

@Damaske,Bacon_commando,

Yeah, the small one is meant to fire two, but I'm really not sure why the large one is firing two. The config looks fine and I've updated it on my end, might have to look at the Unity set up, possibly there's a pair of transforms instead of one. If that isn't it, I'm scratching my head/claiming it's a large Abakan and it's meant to that.

Edited by Lack

Would be great if this was on CKAN too. Can see it becoming a staple mod for many of us. Awesome work!

I came here to say this. CKAN is really great at managing and keeping mods up to date, not to mention I sometimes browse the repository just to find mods I didn't know otherwise existed. I really wish all modders would adopt support for CKAN.

I came here to say this. CKAN is really great at managing and keeping mods up to date, not to mention I sometimes browse the repository just to find mods I didn't know otherwise existed. I really wish all modders would adopt support for CKAN.

It sure seems like a great idea, aside from (apparently) being incapable of determining which version of a mod is actually installed. "autodetected dll" is not a great way of telling me if my version is out of date or not.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this might be a tweakscale issue, not LLL, at least can't see anything wrong in the configs on my end. I've seen people with the same problem with a number of different parts on the Tweakscale thread as well.

What you could try is going to 'LLL/Parts/Structural/2x1/DropEndRamp/' make a copy of the .cfg, open it up replace it with this: http://pastebin.com/Z7qnz2hz

Then go to your save file, open it up, find your craft and change the '2x1dropendcargo' part to '2x1dropendcargo2'. Bit of a hacky approach, but might work (back up your save-file just incase).

Hey, I have a bit of a mystery here... First I am running a DMP server in Science mode. I have a large and illustrious modpak. I trimmed out all of the NxM parts from my pak because I couldn't find a valid use for them. I have Remote Tech and would like to use the Large Scanning Antenna. However it is not available in the parts library or for launch. In sandbox mode, I made a few designs using it. I can load the design in science mode, but there's no part! Apparently it should be in "Experimental Science" The node exists on my tree and I have the "Communications Tower" but no large scanning antenna so I'm really baffled.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I was wondering how I would go about lowering the brightness of the parts. In my game, at least, all the parts are a very bright white, and it makes it very hard to look at. I'm just looking to make them into a medium to light shade of grey. Would that mean changing the textures? I couldn't actually find them though.

Otherwise, love this mod. It's on my list of "must have no matter what".

It may just be my brightness setting now that I'm thinking (and looking at the above screenshots).

Hi, I was wondering how I would go about lowering the brightness of the parts. In my game, at least, all the parts are a very bright white, and it makes it very hard to look at. I'm just looking to make them into a medium to light shade of grey. Would that mean changing the textures? I couldn't actually find them though.

Otherwise, love this mod. It's on my list of "must have no matter what".

It may just be my brightness setting now that I'm thinking (and looking at the above screenshots).

i'd suggest popping in two simple mods called;

1) toolbar (needs to be installed to run A.L.A.)

2) abient light adjustment.

that mod lights up and darkens my game so i can play and see what's going on (and to take pictures which i am doing)

if it's in the VAB that they're too bright it could be one of 3 things.

1) textures... but they're not that bright on my computer...

2) another mod is making the white a bit too bright/ game settings set too high/brightness on screen too high

3) you don't have lights on in your room :P

other than that i don't see what the problem could be on my end.

added image from imgur

http://i.imgur.com/nkLGJum.png

This is definitely a problem with tweak scale, and to the best of my understanding, it only occurs when you reload a vessel. The root part resizes back to default. The trick I have found is having the root part be it's normal size, while tweaking the rest. Please note that if you jettison the old root part as part of staging, the new part that was attached to the decoupler becomes the root part and suffers from the same issue. Right now this is the only work around I know of, until tweak scale is updated.

Hey, I have a bit of a mystery here... First I am running a DMP server in Science mode. I have a large and illustrious modpak. I trimmed out all of the NxM parts from my pak because I couldn't find a valid use for them. I have Remote Tech and would like to use the Large Scanning Antenna. However it is not available in the parts library or for launch. In sandbox mode, I made a few designs using it. I can load the design in science mode, but there's no part! Apparently it should be in "Experimental Science" The node exists on my tree and I have the "Communications Tower" but no large scanning antenna so I'm really baffled.

Hmmm, I'll have to have a look at this. Could be that I mucked up the node name, or one of the disabler counters it (there were two different scanning dishes, but I reduced this to one).

@cavilier210,

It's not that bright on my end, being equivalent to the white in some of the stock parts (which I based it off, although specularity value varies). Easiest way to find textures will be to run a search for .tga and .png. Did you post on reddit about this a few weeks ago, actually? I did some looking around and tried changing the main 2x1 texture to grey (I can upload that later on if you'd like), but then found a bunch of duplicate textures so did some work fixing that and converting parts to .mbm and never got round to posting a reply.

Other than that, AnitMatter's suggestions are solid.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.