[1.0.4] LLL - Lack Luster Labs (Space-boxes!) [LLL-14 - 20JUN2014]

Lack

• 1 month later...

This may very well just be an issue with the sheer number of mods I'm running, but has anyone encountered an issue with LLL parts having the tweakable sizes of 1 (standard) .5 (half) and x16!?!?! As much as I love big parts, having a 1x1 hull take up my entire VAB is a bit much lol. I tried using the slider itself and same result, just the three sizes available.

I assume its probably a problem with tweakscale? How would I go about investigating that?

View @ full resolution for the hilarity :)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I think that really depends on your missions. LLL adds more than just some fuel tanks, it adds a whole host of parts to all the groups, including things like windmills for planetary bases with atmosphere for power generation. If you just want fuel tanks, this may be more than you bargained for, but if you want to make sprawling bases or motherships, then this mod is a golden ticket!

First, I looove this mod.

The Nerva engines seem absurdly efficient out of the atmosphere. I just put together a simple 7 part ship (including MechJeb), strapped it onto a booster that could get it most of the way to orbit and found myself in orbit with nearly 8,000 dV to spare. It has a single Nerva engine and 3 1x2 tanks and, for this test flight, I expect to park the thing in Jool orbit. Grantred it *is* an absurdly simple ship - doesn't even have additional batteries or solar panels - it's just my first test craft with the mod. Then again the thing weights in at all of 33 tons - I think it just feels bigger than it is.

This may very well just be an issue with the sheer number of mods I'm running, but has anyone encountered an issue with LLL parts having the tweakable sizes of 1 (standard) .5 (half) and x16!?!?! As much as I love big parts, having a 1x1 hull take up my entire VAB is a bit much lol. I tried using the slider itself and same result, just the three sizes available.

I assume its probably a problem with tweakscale? How would I go about investigating that?

I have as well. I am currently looking into the changes to scale types for the new tweekscale, and I'll let you know what it is if I find it.

edit: okay, I have found the culprit. With the new tweekscale the minimum scale and maximum scale options are no longer needed, and deleting these will allow you to actually scale through the entire size category.

Edited by Dakota2063
updated

Hi all,

In .90 I don't see Lack Luster Labs in the list of manufacturers in the VAB. I do see the manufacturer line in an LLL part file I looked at.

Anybody else having this problem or is it just me?

Bryan

I think I have noticed this, but I haven't really tried the sort functions. That said, I do know that you can create your own category and put parts into it, so that might be a work around for now.

I made an enormous ship but it exploded after about 12 seconds on runway and space krakened the whole universe when I tried to put it in space before it exploded

halp

"halp"? Do you mean 'Help'? Help with what, your ship design? I think we're going to need more details (as well as more grammar, punctuation, and spelling while you're at it) if you want anyone to 'halp' you. :mad:

Honestly, though, I'm pretty sure that the problem lies somewhere between your keyboard and your chair. :sticktongue:

"halp"? Do you mean 'Help'? Help with what, your ship design? I think we're going to need more details (as well as more grammar, punctuation, and spelling while you're at it) if you want anyone to 'halp' you. :mad:

Honestly, though, I'm pretty sure that the problem lies somewhere between your keyboard and your chair. :sticktongue:

... you mean his **colorful metaphor referencing the rear end which relates to the word used to describe a mule/donkey in the old world** ? I would have thought it would have been somewhere between his keyboard and the relative direction of his ears... aka the gray matter... aka "the man upstairs"... aka "the ol' noggin"... aka the... okay, you get the picture.

I do not recommend using your mule to design your vessels; they end up flying like an obese pregnant yak.

This happened to me too. Attach them to any hull section that can contain kerbals and then they'll work.

I have them attached to Extraplanetary Launchpad's workshops. I managed to EVA a Kerbal out of the door after transferring him into it, but now he won't go back in again, it keeps saying the module is full.

I have them attached to Extraplanetary Launchpad's workshops. I managed to EVA a Kerbal out of the door after transferring him into it, but now he won't go back in again, it keeps saying the module is full.

I haven't tried them with anything but LLL parts. You should probably throw a hull section with one attached and a kerbal inside on the runway or launch pad and see if it works... start simple. My guess is they only work with LLL parts.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First time poster (yay me), long time mod editor in multiple games (KSP, Skyrim, Minecraft, ect.), and programmer for life.

The fix for the attachment nodes in 1.0 is actually super simple - though also super tedious - all that needs to be done is change each part cfg where it says:

node_stack_bottom = x, x, x, x, 1.0, x, x

to

node_stack_bottom = x, x, x, x, -1.0, x, x

where the x's will maintain original values.

I am in the process of finishing up mine and can upload the edited files if Lack is cool with it.

Just made an AHK script to do it for you if you want.

If you already have AutoHotKey Just save the script to the parts folder (dont forget LLL-Extra), run and press ok.

; #Warn ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

NSB = node_stack_bottom
msgbox Start
Inc = 0
tooltip, % Inc
Loop, *.cfg, 1, 1
{
FileRead, CurrFile, %A_LoopFileLongPath%
Old = % CurrFile
New =
loop
{
IfInString, Old, %NSB%
{
Inc += 1
tooltip, % Inc
StringGetPos, NodePos, Old, %NSB%
StringLeft, Temp, Old, %NodePos%
StringTrimLeft, Old, Old, %NodePos%
New = % New . Temp
Loop, Parse, Old, `,
{
StringLen, Len, A_LoopField
Len = % Len + 1
StringTrimLeft, Old, Old, %Len%
if A_Index < 5
{
New = % New . A_LoopField . ","
continue
}
New = % New . " -1.0,"
break
}
}
else
{
break
}
}
New = % New . Old
FileDelete, %A_LoopFileLongPath%
FileAppend, %New%, %A_LoopFileLongPath%
}
tooltip, % Inc

pause
#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.

Serby: we've already got a version with the fixed nodes in the dev thread. However, there's other things that are missing - ablator in the parts with heat shields, checking the heat-related values now that reentry heating is in the stock game, having the cargo bays actually protect things inside from the airflow, reassigning the required researches that were removed/renamed, etc.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.