[1.0.4] LLL - Lack Luster Labs (Space-boxes!) [LLL-14 - 20JUN2014]

Lack

1 hour ago, Jack Kerman ( Megalomaniac said:

Is there any block engines in this Mod???? If not where can I get some??

Please

If by 'block engines" you mean engines shaped like rectangles or "boxes" then yes. LLL does have several boxy engines.

• 3 weeks later...

Obviously i am just going to slap LLL into my Gamedata again, just like every other patch, before it gets updated for 1.1 and pray i can fix any problems via cfgs.

But i was wondering if somebody already did this on 1.1. Have you found any issues i should look out for?

11 hours ago, Vrana said:

Obviously i am just going to slap LLL into my Gamedata again, just like every other patch, before it gets updated for 1.1 and pray i can fix any problems via cfgs.

But i was wondering if somebody already did this on 1.1. Have you found any issues i should look out for?

So what's the news?  I haven't made a game with LLL's boxy ships in a year or 2 and want to do it again :)

55 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

So what's the news?  I haven't made a game with LLL's boxy ships in a year or 2 and want to do it again :)

As im sure you remember it a huge pack so i can in no way claim to have fully tested it but i did manage a quick test. Made a boxy boat, put it on  top of a kw rocket, flew it up.

Seems to work fine. Since there is no plugins I guess most parts should work, just stay away from landing legs/skis/whatever those things are.  Plume on the 2x1 nerva seemed a bit off center.

For now LLL is back in my Gamedata.

Edited by Vrana

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

An update to make this compatible with 1.1.2 isn't really necessary, because KSP 1.1.3 will be arriving Soon™ and this is a parts pack. Assuming you have no other mods installed except dependencies (no Raster Prop Monitor, no KJR, no nuthin'), nearly everything except the landing skids works in 1.1.2 and should work in 1.1.3; I say "nearly" because the Hatch Door part has a "hatch obstructed" fault, as well as the yellow double doors.

With mods, LLL should work fine, although config files may need to be created or edited depending on the other mods -- for example, the Radial Bridge part isn't completely compatible with Connected Living Space unless you add a 

passableWhenSurfaceAttached = true

flag to the CLS config file for LLL. Other radially attached, crewable parts need that flag and need to be attached to a part (LLL or otherwise) with a 

surfaceAttachmentsPassable = true

flag for crew transfers to and from those parts to be possible. Almost none of the LLL parts have either flag.

---

....Speaking of the Radial Bridge, its IVA is wider than the part's exterior model, and seems to be behind the side windows -- their outlines are visible from the cockpit in IVA. The other parts which share that IVA model (eg MkV Hog) don't have that problem, and it's a purely aesthetic problem anyway.

Also, it could use some RPM/ASET props to un-empty the empty dashboard; since the licenses allow it, hopefully someone might make it happen.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/12/2016 at 1:32 PM, Mycroft said:

Sooo I have 1.1.x. Is this mod compatible? If I install it, what will happen?

It's a parts pack. It's fully compatible, except for the landing legs. Putting the LLL landing legs (or any other 1.0.x landing gear/legs) on a vessel will result in Very Bad Things (™&© The Kraken) happening to that vessel due to Unity 5 shenanigans.

Installing this mod will add its parts to your game. No more, no less. The parts have some degree of compatibility with other mods, like fuel tanks being able to use Karbonite if you have that mod -- see the OP and this mod's config files for details.

On 1/26/2016 at 5:51 PM, Lack said:

I think there's a load of tga files in the Kerbalstuff download. I converted the textures into .dds (lower RAM usage) a while back on the github version. Though I haven't touched it for a while, I think that's working. Link: https://github.com/Signatum/LLL/archive/master.zip

@Lack

Would be very welcome if you continued supporting this.

There are still some tga files in the download you listed above:

./GameData/LLL/Models/Propulsion/LLL2x1/StripeBlue.tga
./GameData/LLL/Models/Propulsion/LLL2x1/StripeGrey.tga
./GameData/LLL/Models/Propulsion/LLL2x1/StripeJet.tga
./GameData/LLL/Models/Propulsion/LLL2x1/StripeKeth.tga
./GameData/LLL/Models/Propulsion/LLL2x1/StripeLFO.tga
./GameData/LLL/Models/Propulsion/LLL2x1/StripeYellow.tga
./GameData/LLL/Models/Structural/2x1Cargo/model000.tga
./GameData/LLL/Models/Structural/2x1Cargo/untitled.tga
./GameData/LLL/Models/Utility/2x1Greenhouse/model000.tga
./GameData/LLL/Models/Utility/2x1Greenhouse/model000334_NRM.tga
./GameData/LLL/Parts/Command/MkVII/railing.tga
./GameData/LLL/Parts/Command/NoseProbe/model000.tga
./GameData/LLL/Parts/Command/NoseProbe/model002_NRM.tga
./GameData/LLL/Parts/Command/NoseProbe/Untitled-1.tga
./GameData/LLL/Parts/Control/RCSRack/model005.tga
./GameData/LLL/Spaces/Hog/dash.tga
./GameData/LLL/Spaces/Hog/DASHTOP.tga
./GameData/LLL/Spaces/Hog/EMSS.tga
./GameData/LLL/Spaces/Hog/Untitled-1.tga

On 6/21/2016 at 0:54 AM, King Something said:

With mods, LLL should work fine, although config files may need to be created or edited depending on the other mods -- for example, the Radial Bridge part isn't completely compatible with Connected Living Space unless you add a 

flag to the CLS config file for LLL. Other radially attached, crewable parts need that flag and need to be attached to a part (LLL or otherwise) with a 

surfaceAttachmentsPassable = true

flag for crew transfers to and from those parts to be possible. Almost none of the LLL parts have either flag.

---

So, if I'm reading this correctly, the CLS cfg should look like this:

MODULE
	{
        name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
        passable = true
        surfactAttachmentsPassable = true
	}

in all places in that file where it has the "passable = true"?

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

So, if I'm reading this correctly, the CLS cfg should look like this:

MODULE
	{
        passable = true
        surfactAttachmentsPassable = true
	}

in all places in that file where it has the "passable = true"?

except without the typo in "surfact":P

Actually, I don't think you need that line at all; mainly just passableWhenSurfaceAttached. Probably won't hurt though. See below, from the wiki.

• passableWhenSurfaceAttached = true/false This flag tells CLS when the part is surface attached (usually radially), that it is or is not passable.
  • surfaceAttachmentsPassable = true/false This flag tells CLS when a part has other parts attached to its surface if they are passable or not. So, you can have a part that is passable connected to a part that does not accept passable connections and therefore the passability would end up as false.

5 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

except without the typo in "surfact":P

Actually, I don't think you need that line at all; mainly just passableWhenSurfaceAttached. Probably won't hurt though. See below, from the wiki.

• passableWhenSurfaceAttached = true/false This flag tells CLS when the part is surface attached (usually radially), that it is or is not passable.
  • surfaceAttachmentsPassable = true/false This flag tells CLS when a part has other parts attached to its surface if they are passable or not. So, you can have a part that is passable connected to a part that does not accept passable connections and therefore the passability would end up as false.

Ok.

What was interesting is that when I was adding those two lines to the CLS.cfg, I found that one was already there for several of the patches:

@PART[LLLCBMAnim]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
    MODULE
	{
		passable = true
	}
}
@PART[LLLCBM]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
    MODULE
	{
		passable = true
	}
}

I would guess that the "passable = true" is a holdover from ancient times 

Edited by linuxgurugamer

13 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@Lack

Would be very welcome if you continued supporting this.

There are still some tga files in the download you listed above:

./GameData/LLL/Models/Propulsion/LLL2x1/StripeBlue.tga
./GameData/LLL/Models/Propulsion/LLL2x1/StripeGrey.tga
./GameData/LLL/Models/Propulsion/LLL2x1/StripeJet.tga
./GameData/LLL/Models/Propulsion/LLL2x1/StripeKeth.tga
./GameData/LLL/Models/Propulsion/LLL2x1/StripeLFO.tga
./GameData/LLL/Models/Propulsion/LLL2x1/StripeYellow.tga
./GameData/LLL/Models/Structural/2x1Cargo/model000.tga
./GameData/LLL/Models/Structural/2x1Cargo/untitled.tga
./GameData/LLL/Models/Utility/2x1Greenhouse/model000.tga
./GameData/LLL/Models/Utility/2x1Greenhouse/model000334_NRM.tga
./GameData/LLL/Parts/Command/MkVII/railing.tga
./GameData/LLL/Parts/Command/NoseProbe/model000.tga
./GameData/LLL/Parts/Command/NoseProbe/model002_NRM.tga
./GameData/LLL/Parts/Command/NoseProbe/Untitled-1.tga
./GameData/LLL/Parts/Control/RCSRack/model005.tga
./GameData/LLL/Spaces/Hog/dash.tga
./GameData/LLL/Spaces/Hog/DASHTOP.tga
./GameData/LLL/Spaces/Hog/EMSS.tga
./GameData/LLL/Spaces/Hog/Untitled-1.tga

I just tried converting those to dds, and for some reason they (the new dds files) weren't being picked up.

On 7/14/2016 at 0:38 AM, King Something said:

It's a parts pack. It's fully compatible, except for the landing legs. Putting the LLL landing legs (or any other 1.0.x landing gear/legs) on a vessel will result in Very Bad Things (™&© The Kraken) happening to that vessel due to Unity 5 shenanigans.

Installing this mod will add its parts to your game. No more, no less. The parts have some degree of compatibility with other mods, like fuel tanks being able to use Karbonite if you have that mod -- see the OP and this mod's config files for details.

Interestingly enough, I put the small underside landing legs on a small craft and was able to successfully land on the moon.  As long as you have the current Firespitter and modulemanager, i don't think you will have much problem

20 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok.

What was interesting is that when I was adding those two lines to the CLS.cfg, I found that one was already there for several of the patches:

@PART[LLLCBMAnim]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
    MODULE
	{
		passable = true
	}
}
@PART[LLLCBM]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
    MODULE
	{
		passable = true
	}
}

I would guess that the "passable = true" is a holdover from ancient times 

gah, I think I just confused matters. Sorry. You need passable = true as well. That is the main thing you need. That does node attachments I believe, and most parts just need that one line. Docking ports usually get the passableWhenSurfaceAttached as well, since they frequently aren't node attached.

Here is the relevant wiki section:

https://github.com/codepoetpbowden/ConnectedLivingSpace/wiki/3.0-Module-Manager-Configuration

Are you by chance looking at doing a community fix for this or just throwing some patches at it?

17 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I just tried converting those to dds, and for some reason they (the new dds files) weren't being picked up.

Try a different format, maybe png? I  looked at a few of the files you mentioned and they are all really tiny. I've never been able to convert those types to dds at all.

3 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

gah, I think I just confused matters. Sorry. You need passable = true as well. That is the main thing you need. That does node attachments I believe, and most parts just need that one line. Docking ports usually get the passableWhenSurfaceAttached as well, since they frequently aren't node attached.

Here is the relevant wiki section:

https://github.com/codepoetpbowden/ConnectedLivingSpace/wiki/3.0-Module-Manager-Configuration

Are you by chance looking at doing a community fix for this or just throwing some patches at it?

Right now I'm just getting it working for myself.

So far as I can tell, these are the only changes needed.  The landing gear even works for me :-)

I'd be happy to do a community supported version, if @Lack isn't going to be coming back.  I already do the KWRocketryRedux (with the original author's blessings).  I love these parts, although I'm not a fan of the weaponry :-(

LGG

17 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Interestingly enough, I put the small underside landing legs on a small craft and was able to successfully land on the moon.  As long as you have the current Firespitter and modulemanager, i don't think you will have much problem

those legs just use ModuleAnimateGeneric so aren't real legs. The other leg and skid use ModuleLandingGear, which will likely cause problems. The skid could be converted to MAG probably, as it doesn't use the MLG fully anyway.

27 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

those legs just use ModuleAnimateGeneric so aren't real legs. The other leg and skid use ModuleLandingGear, which will likely cause problems. The skid could be converted to MAG probably, as it doesn't use the MLG fully anyway.

Oh, ok.  I'll test those this evening.   I'll also create a patch to change from MLG to MAG if necessary.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

19 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Right now I'm just getting it working for myself.

So far as I can tell, these are the only changes needed.  The landing gear even works for me :-)

I'd be happy to do a community supported version, if @Lack isn't going to be coming back.  I already do the KWRocketryRedux (with the original author's blessings).  I love these parts, although I'm not a fan of the weaponry :-(

LGG

I liked the communications parts (which has RT support) from this mod a lot, but I never found myself using the other parts much. I might have to revisit them though.

The weapons could probably be dropped (with BDA not working)

I don't foresee this getting attention anytime soon, since the more popular SXT didn't even make the transition to 1.1 and this mod didn't even make it to 1.0.5.

License is good though. However, you did just start QuizTechContinued (also with the author's blessing, not sure if you caught his post)...if you were anyone other than LGG I'd question your sanity for even hinting at taking on another parts pack.

Just now, Deimos Rast said:

I liked the communications parts (which has RT support) from this mod a lot, but I never found myself using the other parts much. I might have to revisit them though.

The weapons could probably be dropped (with BDA not working)

I don't foresee this getting attention anytime soon, since the more popular SXT didn't even make the transition to 1.1 and this mod didn't even make it to 1.0.5.

License is good though. However, you did just start QuizTechContinued (also with the author's blessing, not sure if you caught his post)...if you were anyone other than LGG I'd question your sanity for even hinting at taking on another parts pack.

I did catch the QuizTechContinued comment.  KWRedux is mostly mature, QuizTech seems to be mature and working.  It looks like this is working fairly well also, and hopefully the community would step up with any additional patches.

Oh, and I was looking at SXT as well :D

Thank you for your compliment.

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Oh, ok.  I'll test those this evening.   I'll also create a patch to change from MLG to MAG if necessary.

The only part in the mod which uses the ModuleLandingGear that I can find is the LLL Skid

I put the skid on a simple ship, and went bouncing happily on the Mun and Minmus, no explosions.

But if you feel this change is necessary, I'll do the patch

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.