When will the Curse client support KSP?

Red Iron Crown

On 21/02/2016 at 9:00 PM, John FX said:

Wow, has it been nearly 2 years that we have been waiting for the mythical curse client for KSP?

Wow, has it been nearly 3 years that we have been waiting for the mythical curse client for KSP?

• 2 months later...
34 minutes ago, AverageJoeGuy said:

Is anyone actually still waiting for this? I would assume everyone gave up by now.

I certainly have. Curse really missed their opportunity here, now we have a mod manager for KSP that is host-agnostic, it would be very difficult to displace this incumbent.

Do not hold your breath...  the next time I waste a half-hour of my life trying to defeat the Curse/Twitch logon fiasco, I am taking my one mod off of Curse and never returning.

Although in hindsight, "Curse" is probably the most accurately named website of anything I've ever tried to post a file to.

Hmmm... I have an hour of my life to waste and a few beers available, maybe I'll try to login as an author again?

Edit:  I should mention Curse was "acquired" by Twitch and their author login is sooooo broked-ed that I blush in embarrassment for them every time Curse is mentioned.  ...and if you are a mod author, get use to seeing this message if you are misfortunate enough to follow their instructions to create a Twitch login: 

{"error":"Bad Request","status":400,"message":null}

Edited by XLjedi

• 3 months later...

It appears Curse is finally working on giving Twitch Client support to KSP

The reason is what was mentioned by the reviewers by Curse

They suddenly demand the uploaded to be in the following format

Kerbal Addon Structure

In order for Kerbal Addons to be compatible with the Twitch Desktop App, they must follow a standardized structure.

The structure is as follows

GameData

├── Addon Root Folder (typically named after the Addon)

│      ├── Addon Contents
│      └── Additional Sub Folders as Needed
├── Other Addon's Root Folders

|     └── Their Contents
└── Squad

This Structure will allow Addons to be managed by the Twitch Desktop App successfully and coexist with other Addons. A good example of this layout is the MechJeb Addon which shows the proper structure.

This is a problem for me because KSPI is dependant on several other mods and I'm sure other too

Edited by FreeThinker

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.