[v0.17] Damned Aerospace Version 1.5.3 + Crewtank

DYJ

PJCjR.jpg?1

Together with R4m0n I\'ve made things that not only rotate but also spin!

Plugin/general help by r4m0n

Models/textures by Damnyoujapan

Pack includes:

Turboprop engine

Prop-fan engine

Counter-rotating coaxial helicopter unit

Simple propeller engine in 1m and 0.5m, pushing and pulling.

Old-school rotary engine loosely based on the Clerget 9B.

VJ-101 inspired dualturbine unit

Basic wingswing mechanism

Basic tiltrotor mechanism

F-35/Yak-141 inspired engine hinge thing

Not only does these engines have rotating parts they are also air-breathing, flying the helicopter to the mun is therefor impossible.

Please note that the all non pushing engines use origin hacks to get past the engine deathray issue, this causes them to spawn offset from where you drop them in the VAB (should be either 12 or 15m below, so dropping them quite high up in the VAB is a good idea).

Thanks to my inside man (C7) engine damage can now be turned off, all pulling props now have a mass value with some logic behind it.

The swingwingmech has very thin moving colliders so placing stuff on it is a tad bid finicky in angle snap mode, normal attach works fine.

Video demonstrating how the moving parts works in the Damned Robotics thread: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=10662.0

g8nuR.jpg

aKGAN.jpg

LEjzH.png

c3LdV.jpg

TF5Zm.jpg

Installation note: The plugin within this release is the same MuMechLib as in the mechjeb 1.9.1 release.

Alpha release, please report bugs and other potential horrors.

Download 1.5.3

Source: http://svn.mumech.com/KSP/trunk/MuMechLib/

License:

Code: Original license applies.

Parts: Feel free to do whatever you please, but contact me before redistributing anything.

Revision table:

Rev0: Release

Rev1: Updated faulty part title

Rev2: Added 5 new propeller engines, fixed some texture issues, adjusted helicopter thrust from 75 to 100, added icon centering, plugin updated to latest version,+ other small changes I can\'t remember

Rev3: Added basic swingwing and tiltrotor mechanical parts, as well as a new engine, can\'t keep track of all adjustments.

Rev3.1: Fixed the tiltrotor rotation direction

1.4: Swapped to a software release revision numbering system, added .15 compatibility, added Avatar-esq ducted rotor, undid the origin hack.

1.5: Added a vtolengine hinge thing, reduced fueldrain to more closely match the new vanilla engines.

1.5.1: Adjusted the fuel consumption values on hopefully all engines I missed in the last update.

1.5.2: Added .16 compability.

1.5.3: Fixed the rotorblur issue.

kjYQ0.jpg?1

The crewtank!

Holds extra kerbals and fuel, useful for rescue missions.

License for the crewtank: No rights reserved, do whatever you please.

Download .zip

Revision table:

1.0 : Release

1.1 : Underped the attachment rules.

1.2 : Removed the portraits since they were going mental with too many kerbals.

Edited by DYJ

Finally, it\'s released !

Will download as soon as my mum leaves the computer (posting from dsi).

Dunno if it\'s the same for you guys, but in France there\'s a 3 days weekend, I\'m gonna have fun with thoses !

What I meant with engine deathray issue is that LFE based things cast a 'deathray' from their origin along the thrust vector, damaging things it comes in contact with. And since the both the turboprop and the helicopterunit are intended to pull rather than push they would end up deathraying themselfs if their origins were at a logical position.

I think Imgur.com have issues atm, the pictures should work when they get their servers in order.

Xazas, sounds to me like you didn\'t replace your mechjeb plugin.

Is there a reason the plugin is the same name as the MechJeb plugin?

it used the mumeck engern syttem {the ome where you can select the engens you want to cotrile}

Strange, shows up perfectly for me...

Could I request something ?

A reversed version of the propellers, to do push-pull props like the AR-234... Also, the coaxial collider node isn\'t pratical, you should check that