[v0.17] Damned Aerospace Version 1.5.3 + Crewtank

DYJ

I've found a bug with that plugin:if you diable the flow on ALL the fuel tank of the tank,the engines will work even with the diabled flow but the fuels tanks won't loose fuel:a good way to do a south pole plane with only one fuel tank!

The bug occur only(for what i've checked) for the part of this plugin,

So I've tested the crewtank on the launchpad, and my kerbal couldn't get out of it again because it kept saying "hatch is obstructed".

Anyone else having that problem?

No. No one else is having this problem.

Except for the other dozen or so people who have posted in his thread reporting it.

Do the DA rotary engines work in other planetary atmospheres? I'd like to request deployable, foldup helicopter blades!

I second the question. Vanilla jet engines produce incredible 1% thrust in Eve atmosphere, but it`s very thick - so I wonder, if blade engines from DA are "Jet" by their nature (and will not work there), or their performance is related to lift and atmosphere thickness (which would be very good)?

Do the DA rotary engines work in other planetary atmospheres? I'd like to request deployable, foldup helicopter blades!

Currently all DA engines work on planets with atmospheres. I'd like to have this changed though, since most of the engines are combustion engines of different kinds they should require oxygen to function. Electric propeller motors would be a viable option for Eve and laythe exploration atleast.

Will the crewtank be gaining IVA functionality?

Not likely no, it wouldn't serve much purpose and I don't think I can the liquid fuel they are sitting in anyway :P. I might make a less silly version when we get proper IVA and not just cockpitviews.

Can you post the crewtank on Mediafire too? My parents restrict dropbox on my computer for some reason.

http://www.kerbal.net/mod.php?id=10

Thanks DYJ.

Electric props - interesting. I can picture things like Jool blimps and flying fortresses/cities over Eve (using solar power to maintain elevation indefinitely in the thick atmosphere).

Any progress on the fenestron? I'm gagging to build a very special helicopter (not saying too much, don't want to give it away!).

I'm having a strange problem. The ladder on the crew tank and the ladder on the command pod don't line up.

In the VAB, you can rotate parts using Q & E, and fine rotate with Shift+Q & E. To align the crewtank with the pod, you need two normal rotations and 6 fine rotations.

Issue with the tiltrotor hinge. The outer hinge is a PITA to attach to, and the connections are HIGHLY unstable, resulting in flopping connections and explosions.
yup. usually when its on the default "rotation" as you've set in the SPH, they drop once the game engages physics, but get up to the place when rotated a bit. which usually jerks my plane around like mad.