[v0.17] Damned Aerospace Version 1.5.3 + Crewtank

DYJ

Eeeh, did rev3 works as intended?

Either way all you have to do to fix it should be to reverse the rotation axis in the .cfg (change 1 to -1 or the other way around).

I just kept getting too much engine wobble with the tiltrotors, so I copied the robot rotor, and then copied the tiltrotor settings into it. Was finally able to keep the engines stable enough to fly a heavier craft. Is anyone else seeing hinge instability, or am I the only one? Can\'t reliably tell if it\'s just me, as I mod everything I come into contact with, including this mod.

Anyway, some more tiltrotor stuff:

tinysomething.jpg

tinybox.jpg

skyfortress.jpg

Eeeh, did rev3 works as intended?

Either way all you have to do to fix it should be to reverse the rotation axis in the .cfg (change 1 to -1 or the other way around).

Whether it works or not depends on which side of the craft you put the first one on, AFAIK.

I\'ve been thinking, you know what would be cool? A solar powered electric propeller. With like a battery part, plus a random solar panel, and the propeller drains the battery: low altitude mapping of Kerbin with a blimp without fuel issues..... :D

The parts are actually an unreleased extension of my LOX/LH2 tanks over here. I just make everything run on either LOX/LH2, or just LH2, keeps the math simple with jet/rocket fuel. Since LH2 weighs practically nothing, the tanks double as structural pieces very nicely. If I can ever be bothered to make them look better, I\'ll release the larger tanks.

@AlexTheStampede-DA\'s rotors, robotics; and my rockets and tanks all use r4m0n\'s Multiversal Mechatronics - Miscellaneous Modules.

I converted Japans engines to run on the fuel I already had, you can just as easily convert them to run on batteries, and there\'s even a purpose-designed solar panel part. While I wouldn\'t go expecting a solar panel plane to airworthy IRL in the immediate future, you\'re free to balance it however you like in your own game.

I got to high altitude, and my propfans stopped. I can\'t tell if they are still make thrust. I\'m presuming this is an intended feature - efficiency in space would be zero, of course.

Just want to check this is supposed to happen.

Just to prove this isn\'t dead:

yqoC9.png

Just a few hours of work, but you can probably see what I\'m aiming for. But don\'t expect anything new airplane related before .15

Just wanted to let you know, I think C7 may have gotten a dedicated atmospheric engine module into the code for .15. Not really sure yet, but that would simplify a lot of things code wise.