Kopernicus Core - Version NAN - Outdated

_Augustus_

I really think you should bring back Sentar, if not just for Sentar's system itself. Has anybody else brought back Planet Factory besides you?

Well, I want to bring back Sentar as GP2, the way Nova planned it. I mean, I will call GP2 Sentar.

I really think you should bring back Sentar, if not just for Sentar's system itself. Has anybody else brought back Planet Factory besides you?

No. I'm not bringing back Sentar because it's features such as map decals, PQSOblate, and landclasses can't be implemented.

Looks nice! I'm thinking about trying to create NovaSilsko's planets with this. I have a question, however. How do I create a normalmap? I know that creating a heightmap and colormap is just creating a .png, but normalmaps stump me.

There's a few online generators. If you use SpaceEngine you should be able to export it.

Well, I want to bring back Sentar as GP2, the way Nova planned it. I mean, I will call GP2 Sentar.

That's fine. If you want GP2, you should really just download Outer Planets or JoolPlus.

Guys I have very annoying bug caused by Copernicus. Screenshot is pretty self-explanatory. After EVA the last string in log appeared and green patterns too.

I use x32 version with Active texture management, mechjeb, KSPI, and Stella Planets pack. Any ideas how to fix?

tVHddu1.jpg

Guys I have very annoying bug caused by Copernicus. Screenshot is pretty self-explanatory. After EVA the last string in log appeared and green patterns too.

I use x32 version with Active texture management, mechjeb, KSPI, and Stella Planets pack. Any ideas how to fix?

http://i.imgur.com/tVHddu1.jpg

I think that's a debug thing. It places markers above all the PQS vertices. Don't remember how to turn it off (ctrl+s, maybe?), but it's not something to be worried about. Just save and restart the game and they should go away.

I think that's a debug thing. It places markers above all the PQS vertices. Don't remember how to turn it off (ctrl+s, maybe?), but it's not something to be worried about. Just save and restart the game and they should go away.

ctrl+s turns it on. Press either control-c or control-p....

Wow, You were right) ctrl+s refreshes markers, and makes them visible. But ctrl+c clears the screen. The problem appeared because ctrl+s is movement via jetpack on EVA))) So, final question then, how can I unbind ctrl+s combination from that debug stuff?

Wow, You were right) ctrl+s refreshes markers, and makes them visible. But ctrl+c clears the screen. The problem appeared because ctrl+s is movement via jetpack on EVA))) So, final question then, how can I unbind ctrl+s combination from that debug stuff?

You don't. It's something imbedded in Kopernicus' code to make sure PQS works.

I thought it was a debug feature of RSS, not Kopernicus.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember you saying that you had issues with basing planets/moons on Duna, because it'd be all orangey. Here's a fix that seems to work for me:

Add
{
PQSMod_VertexColorSolid
{
blend = 1.0
color = 0.01, 0.01, 0.01, 1.0
order = 999999
}
}

This makes it have its intended color instead of a mix of Duna and the new texture.

Sorry i haven't been on for a while, my internet was down for some reason, anyway...

So i made a Gilly-sized object with the same mass but a bitsy bit lower gravity.It's a near-Kerbin asteroid named S197.

I put 4 textures in the Textures folder named S197_color, S197_map, S197_height and S197_normal(they were all .png).For some reason, the Textures folder wasn't in the Kopernicus folder, so i created a folder that is specifically named Textures .In the Config folder, i created a file named S197.cfg...

Here are the maps:

Color/map(i basically just copied and pasted the color map and renamed it to S197_map.png):

29a1d0.png

Height:

2hrom6v.png

Normal:

e1b0pv.png

Now here is the code from S197.cfg:

@Kopernicus
{
Body
{
name = S197
flightGlobalsIndex = 25
Template
{
name = Gilly
}
Properties
{
description = A very very near-Kerbin asteroid.

radius = 13000

mass = 1.2420512e+17

geeASL = 0.0025
}
Orbit
{
referenceBody = Sun
color = 0.5,0.5,0.5,0.7
inclination = 10
eccentricity = -0.15
semiMajorAxis = 13599840256
longitudeOfAscendingNode = 0
argumentOfPeriapsis = 0
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 3.14
epoch = 0
}
ScaledVersion
{
Material
{
texture = Kopernicus/Textures/S197_map.png
normals = Kopernicus/Textures/S197_normal.png
}
}
}
}

And here is a piece of code i added to RealSolarSystem.cfg:

S197
{
PQS
{
S197
{
PQSMod_VertexHeightMap
{
heightMap = GameData/Kopernicus/Textures/S197_height.png
}
Add
{
PQSMod_VertexColorMapBlend
{
vertexColorMap = GameData/Kopernicus/Textures/S197_color.png
blend = 1.0
order = 9999999
}
}
}

But it doesn't appear, altough it said it loaded it in.

And BTW, i have Module Manager 2.5.6 and everything is up to date.

Edited by Candlelight

It may be that you two aren't using Windows.. or that you may need ModuleManager 2.5.8.

Sorry i haven't been on for a while, my internet was down for some reason, anyway...

So i made a Gilly-sized object with the same mass but a bitsy bit lower gravity.It's a near-Kerbin asteroid named S197.

I put 4 textures in the Textures folder named S197_color, S197_map, S197_height and S197_normal(they were all .png).For some reason, the Textures folder wasn't in the Kopernicus folder, so i created a folder that is specifically named Textures .In the Config folder, i created a file named S197.cfg...

Here are the maps:

Color/map(i basically just copied and pasted the color map and renamed it to S197_map.png):

http://i59.tinypic.com/29a1d0.png

Height:

http://i62.tinypic.com/2hrom6v.png

Normal:

http://i58.tinypic.com/e1b0pv.png

@Kopernicus
{
Body
{
name = S197
flightGlobalsIndex = 25
Template
{
name = Gilly
}
Properties
{

radius = 13000

mass = 1.2420512e+17

geeASL = 0.0025
}
Orbit
{
referenceBody = Sun
color = 0.5,0.5,0.5,0.7
inclination = 10
eccentricity = -0.15
argumentOfPeriapsis = 0
epoch = 0
}
ScaledVersion
{
Material
{
}
}
}
}

S197
{
PQS
{
S197
{
PQSMod_VertexHeightMap
{
}
Add
{
{
blend = 1.0
order = 9999999
}
}
}

Maybe you shouldn't set negative eccentricity.

Edited by Master Tao

Here are the maps:

http://i59.tinypic.com/29a1d0.png

Height:

http://i62.tinypic.com/2hrom6v.png

Normal:

http://i58.tinypic.com/e1b0pv.png

@Kopernicus
{
Body
{
name = S197
flightGlobalsIndex = 25
Template
{
name = Gilly
}
Properties
{

radius = 13000

mass = 1.2420512e+17

geeASL = 0.0025
}
Orbit
{
referenceBody = Sun
color = 0.5,0.5,0.5,0.7
inclination = 10
eccentricity = -0.15
argumentOfPeriapsis = 0
epoch = 0
}
ScaledVersion
{
Material
{
}
}
}
}

S197
{
PQS
{
S197
{
PQSMod_VertexHeightMap
{
}
Add
{
{
blend = 1.0
order = 9999999
}
}
}

The configs look ok to me other than the RSS part missing a bracket that I figure you just forgot to paste in. Do you see RSS create the mesh when it loads the planets in?

It may be that you two aren't using Windows.. or that you may need ModuleManager 2.5.8.

Im using Windows 8.1

I'm gonna try MM 2.5.8.

Update:

I just downloaded MM 2.5.8. and it STILL doesn't work!

- - - Updated - - -

The configs look ok to me other than the RSS part missing a bracket that I figure you just forgot to paste in. Do you see RSS create the mesh when it loads the planets in?

Actually, no....

And by the way, show me the place where it's missing, i got a bit blurry vision.

Gonna reupload the RSS code:

S197
{
PQS
{
S197
{
PQSMod_VertexHeightMap
{
}
Add
{
{
blend = 1.0
order = 9999999
}
}
}
}
}

Edited by Candlelight

I have submitted a pull request that changes the keys from Ctrl-S and Ctrl-C to Ctrl-; and Ctrl-/ which should be much less likely to be hit accidentally. I'm not aware of anything else that uses these keys but feel free to add comments to the pull request if you find any odd conflicts...

I have submitted a pull request that changes the keys from Ctrl-S and Ctrl-C to Ctrl-; and Ctrl-/ which should be much less likely to be hit accidentally. I'm not aware of anything else that uses these keys but feel free to add comments to the pull request if you find any odd conflicts...

Padishar, you're so talented. You should begin to maintain Kopernicus and add new features until using RSS with Kopernicus becomes obsolete.

Like I said before, try putting the config data for S197 into the System .cfg. I know that's not what _Augustus_ says to do, but I have had the exact same predicament and it has never failed to solve the problem.

You mean just copy paste the whole data in? If so, i tried, didn't work.

Padishar, you're so talented. You should begin to maintain Kopernicus and add new features until using RSS with Kopernicus becomes obsolete.
Agreed! :)

Thanks for the votes of confidence but I don't have enough spare time to dedicate to it at the moment. I have been spending a little bit of time looking into the code to try to fix some things but I need to find a good couple of hours of investigation time to better understand how KSP initialises the PSystem (and other dependent objects).

Edit: I have modified my pull request after some testing. All three Kopernicus debugging keys: Ctrl-P, Ctrl-; and Ctrl-/, have now been changed to use KSP's configured modifier key instead of the left control key (this is alt on Windows and right-shift on Linux/Mac). This stops the keys from decreasing the throttle.

Edited by Padishar

You mean just copy paste the whole data in? If so, i tried, didn't work.

Your problem seems to be the scalemesh section of the kopernicus config. Removing that and the planet loads. The planet still looks like gilly, not sure if that was the goal or not. I can't help anymore, trying to manipulate planets with kopernicus and RSS is an excercise in frustration.