Kopernicus Core - Version NAN - Outdated

_Augustus_

I successfully installed the Odysseus planet pack.. and i love it... but when I try to install any other pack, it doesn't work, whether i have the Odysseus pack or not...

Please help, i want the Odysseus pack and the Stella pack... but i cant :(

Some packs add their planet configs into the 'System.cfg' so don't over write it

I successfully installed the Odysseus planet pack.. and i love it... but when I try to install any other pack, it doesn't work, whether i have the Odysseus pack or not...

Please help, i want the Odysseus pack and the Stella pack... but i cant :(

Alright, here's what you do:

1. Install Kopernicus.

2. Download the Odysseus planet pack, but before you put it into the GameData folder go into Kopernicus>Config>System and find this code:

Body
{
name = Odysseus
flightGlobalsIndex = 750
Template
{
name = Jool
}
Properties
{
description = Known as being that "yellow dot in the night sky," Odysseus is a yellow gas giant just smaller than Jool with an assortment of unique moons.

radius = 5000000

mass = 2.4498052595297E+24

geeASL = 0.66666668375
}
Orbit
{
referenceBody = Sun
color = 0.182,0.168,0.88,1
inclination = 177.64
eccentricity = 0.045214674
semiMajorAxis = 28782238871.9421
longitudeOfAscendingNode = 61
argumentOfPeriapsis = 0
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 5.59607362747192
epoch = 0
}
ScaledVersion
{
Material
{
texture = Kopernicus/Textures/Odysseus_map
rimColorRamp = Kopernicus/Textures/ramp_blue
rimPower = 2.06
rimBlend = 0.3
}
}
Atmosphere
{
lightColor = 0.788, 0.782, 0.705, 1.00
ambientColor = 0.184, 0.204, 0.227, 1.00
}
}
Body
{
name = Telemachus
flightGlobalsIndex = 751
Template
{
name = Tylo
}
Properties
{
description = Telemachus is a sterile, dry desert of a moon. However, this detail has often been overlooked by people because of the great view of Odysseus that must exist there.

radius = 500000

mass = 1.72251933456051E+19

geeASL = 0.46875001513
}
Orbit
{
referenceBody = Odysseus
color = 0.127,0.131,0.122,1
inclination = 3
eccentricity = 0
semiMajorAxis = 20000000
longitudeOfAscendingNode = 0
argumentOfPeriapsis = 0
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0
epoch = 0
}
ScaledVersion
{
Material
{
texture = Kopernicus/Textures/Telemachus_map
rimColorRamp = Kopernicus/Textures/ramp_red
rimPower = 2.06
rimBlend = 0.3
}
}
}
Body
{
name = Antinous
flightGlobalsIndex = 755
Template
{
name = Dres
}
Properties
{
description = Antinous is the home of staggering mountains and steep cliffs on a magnitude unlike anywhere else in the solar system. Upon discovery of this asteroid, some shady astronomers claimed that Antinous was an exact copy of Gilly. When asked how they drew this conclusion, the astronomers quickly bolted out of the building. They have yet to be located.

radius = 21000

mass = 4.3471792e+15

geeASL = 0.05875001513
}
Orbit
{
referenceBody = Odysseus
color = 0.65,0.65,0.65,1
inclination = 19
eccentricity = 0.357
semiMajorAxis = 21000000
argumentOfPeriapsis = 0
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0
epoch = 0
}
ScaledVersion
{
Material
{
texture = Kopernicus/Textures/Antinous_map
rimPower = 2.06
rimBlend = 0.3
}
}
}
Body
{
name = Penelope
flightGlobalsIndex = 752
Template
{
name = Laythe
}
Properties
{
description = Scientists believe that Penelope formed much in the way that Laythe did, and that the reason liquid water exists here is due to tidal heating between Odysseus and the moon. Yet this didn't stop the public from drawing their own conclusion; Laythe and Penelope were once sisters and one day had a big fight, thus resulting in Penelope running away and living with Odysseus. Scientists have claimed that, however, celestial bodies are not sentient. The controversy rages to this day.

radius = 500000

mass = 4.6290736411285E+20

geeASL = 0.86400002523
}
Orbit
{
referenceBody = Odysseus
color = 0.186,0.100,0.51,1
inclination = 3
eccentricity = 0
semiMajorAxis = 50000000
argumentOfPeriapsis = 0
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0
epoch = 0
}
ScaledVersion
{
Material
{
texture = Kopernicus/Textures/Penelope_map
rimPower = 2.06
rimBlend = 0.3
}
}
}
Body
{
name = Polyphemus
flightGlobalsIndex = 756
Template
{
name = Ike
}
Properties
{
description = Much like Antinous, Polyphemus is a cold, grey, lifeless rock of an asteroid. The terrain here has been found to be less intense than its counterpart, but is highly varied nevertheless.

radius = 12000

mass = 2.4841024e+15

geeASL = 0.038245
}
Orbit
{
referenceBody = Odysseus
color = 0.60,0.60,0.60,1
inclination = 7.90000009536743
eccentricity = 0.371349517065196
semiMajorAxis = 58294609.6548519
longitudeOfAscendingNode = 35
argumentOfPeriapsis = 304.338592529297
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 1.71681469282041
epoch = 0
}
ScaledVersion
{
Material
{
texture = Kopernicus/Textures/Polyphemus_map
rimPower = 2.06
rimBlend = 0.3
}
}
}
Body
{
name = Eumaeus
flightGlobalsIndex = 753
Template
{
name = Moho
}
Properties
{
description = Purple, lonely, and perhaps just as desolate as Telemachus, Eumaeus is not much of anything apart from its white-capped mountains and wide plains. People like to call this moon "Eve but just barely," and perhaps they're right.

radius = 250000

mass = 2.9397663e+22

geeASL = 0.33000000803
}
Orbit
{
referenceBody = Odysseus
color = 0.86,0.50,0.74,1
inclination = 4.0
eccentricity = 0
semiMajorAxis = 70000000
longitudeOfAscendingNode = 90
argumentOfPeriapsis = 0
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0
epoch = 0
}
ScaledVersion
{
Material
{
texture = Kopernicus/Textures/Eumaeus_color
rimPower = 2.06
rimBlend = 0.3
}
}
}
Body
{
name = Athena
flightGlobalsIndex = 754
Template
{
name = Jool
}
Properties
{
description = Astronomers were marvelled when they discovered that Odysseus had a small ice giant as a moon. Shouldn't all of Athena's gas gone to Odysseus during their creation phases? Scientists tried finding a reason, but gave up because they got bored.

radius = 2000000

mass = 1.567875366099E+23

geeASL = 0.2666666735
}
Orbit
{
referenceBody = Odysseus
color = 0.159,0.180,0.186,1
inclination = 14
eccentricity = 0.04
semiMajorAxis = 107119072.422697
longitudeOfAscendingNode = 61
argumentOfPeriapsis = 0
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 5.59607362747192
epoch = 0
}
ScaledVersion
{
Material
{
texture = Kopernicus/Textures/Athena_map
rimPower = 2.06
rimBlend = 0.3
}
}
Atmosphere
{
lightColor = 0.788, 0.782, 0.705, 1.00
ambientColor = 0.096, 0.168, 0.249, 1.00
}
}
Body
{
name = Aeolus
flightGlobalsIndex = 757
Template
{
name = Duna
}
Properties
{
description = A moon for a moon? What even is physics? Despite this, many tend to forget Aeolus even exists in the first place. Not much has been said about this moon. Maybe that's because Aeolus is a lot like Duna, but with less canyons. It's the Eumaeus of Duna, really.

radius = 320000

mass = 1.1024123741187E+21

geeASL = 0.18750000605
}
Orbit
{
referenceBody = Athena
color = 0.181,0.162,0.131,1
inclination = 2
eccentricity = 0
semiMajorAxis = 9650270.78031921
argumentOfPeriapsis = 0
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0
epoch = 0
}
ScaledVersion
{
Material
{
texture = Kopernicus/Textures/Aeolus_map
rimPower = 2.06
rimBlend = 0.3
}
}
}

3. Copy this data and put it into the System config already installed in KSP.

4. Download the Stella Expansion pack. Now go into it's config data and copy and paste it in the same config with Odysseus now in it.

5. Make sure all the textures are in the Kopernicus>Textures folder. This is especially important because if one celestial body does not have a texture, then none of the other planets work.

6. You're done!

The reason I put the Odysseus config data in the System config instead of a separate one is because I was never able to get it to work that way.

Sorry if this tutorial is a little confusing. It's awfully early in the morning, and I got school coming up. Maybe someone else can help clarify.

Well, I am glad I jumped to Verviedi in the Stella expansion pack because when I got there the saves did not work. Something is definitely wrong. Anyway, I will go back and land another time and drive the rover over to the structure. This picture shows one of the ground structures on Verviedi, just to the right of the ship in the crater, very cool!

I removed the picture, maybe I should not show the location

Edited by Larrt_M

OK, I'm getting a conflict with ActiveTextureManagement. It bogs down my loading times, then crashes the game since I added Stella and Odysseus on top of OPM...I had the ATMconfig from the OP in place already, so I'm not sure why it crahes now. Any ideas?

OK, I'm getting a conflict with ActiveTextureManagement. It bogs down my loading times, then crashes the game since I added Stella and Odysseus on top of OPM...I had the ATMconfig from the OP in place already, so I'm not sure why it crahes now. Any ideas?

Are you running any other mods besides Kopernicus and the planet packs? If not, then you probably won't need ATM, because Kopernicus is very low in memory usage.

If you are using other mods, then I'm afraid I don't k now what the problem is. I myself have no need for ATM, so I don't know how to use it.

Ok, guys, I've instaed Stella, built a ship powerful enough to fly there, and now... Time to Stella periapsis 188 is years! And I have only stock time warp capabilities! What am I supposed to do, is there any way to fast-forward it?

This small moonlet orbiting in the rings of Sarnus is named after Hale, a female shepherd from Kerbal mythology who saved the galaxy from certain destruction. Its location in Sarnus' rings results in some of the finest views in the Kerbol system.

I obviously see the reference here :D

Ok, so i want to make a body, but i want it to have a custom model.

How do i do that?

BTW, _Augustus_ mentioned something about .obj files, right?

Ok, so i'm not stopping work on Toliman.I hade a huge delay because of education..................

Now that that's out of the way, i'm making Toliman more beautiful and fixing and deleting glitched planets.

Ok, i gotta go to sleep, it's getting late.

Good night and goodbye!

Edited by Candlelight

Ok, so i want to make a body, but i want it to have a custom model.

How do i do that?

BTW, _Augustus_ mentioned something about .obj files, right?

Ok, so i'm not stopping work on Toliman.I hade a huge delay because of education..................

Now that that's out of the way, i'm making Toliman more beautiful and fixing and deleting glitched planets.

Ok, i gotta go to sleep, it's getting late.

Good night and goodbye!

Ok, so I found the post where _Augustus_ mentioned the .obj files. It's not much to go on, so I'd contact him if I were you.

Well, you can also edit Gilly by playing around with its PQSMods, the .obj file is more important for scaledspace the way I understand it.

Things like VertexSimplexHeightAbsolute and VertexHeightNoise are your levers for Gilly's terrain. Try with Kittopia first, you will get a rough idea of what does what. Also, you might be able to add the heightmap PQSMod to a body that does not have it by default, though you will have to dig around in the RSS thread for the method, if there is one.

Delete the .obj file after changes though, since RSS has to regenerate it with the new values. Doing this (with RSS) to both an originial and a copy without interference *should* work, but you better test that for yourself :P

How do I make a star emit light? Just in case I make a pack. (The link on the first page doesn't help.)

Press Ctrl-P and a little menu for KittopiaTech will pop up. Find the "Planet Picker" button and select the celestial body you want to emit light. Then, once you've made your selection, scroll down on the main menu until you see "Edit StarFix" or something of the sort (sorry, can't remember well). A menu should pop up and you can work from there.

Sorry if this is vague. Not only am I bad at explaining things, but KittopiaTech is really tricky to get a hold of and took me several times to understand what the heck was happening.

So, I've finally managed to arrive somewhere in Stella expansion. I've installed KSPI and built a warp-capable unmanned rover ship. (I can't do it the orbital way, the time acceleration isn't fast enough). First target in new mod - a place called Etaria. It looked beautiful from map view, so I decieded... Why not? Launch, left the atmosphere, warp 9, engage! (30 minutes later) Take us out of warp! Here goes the atmosphere... Parachutes...

So I've landed and... Wow! Wow... That's kinda beautiful place! I see, there is a mod for adding constructions and stuff here. Why don't you add a couple building-like easter eggs to this planet? (Lore question) Why is the terrain so high? Is it something about gas giant's tidal forces? I have a lot of questions. But still, I like this little salt-sandy planet with giant ice caps.

Here are some screenshots:

35ch5hx.jpg

When both suns are out, the surface turns white (is it actually supposed to be so?)

2u9nw1s.jpg

The second moon of the gas giant is out there, too:

qx78rr.jpg

Going to design manned warp ship soon. I think I'll use one of my old nuclear designs (for deltaV) and stick a ring there.

P.S. I definitely can make a video about this mod (Stella expansion). Does anybody want me to record it? :cool: I'll be glad if somebody specifies next target for me to go. Because I like to go where no man has gone before:).

So, I've finally managed to arrive somewhere in Stella expansion. I've installed KSPI and built a warp-capable unmanned rover ship. (I can't do it the orbital way, the time acceleration isn't fast enough). First target in new mod - a place called Etaria. It looked beautiful from map view, so I decieded... Why not? Launch, left the atmosphere, warp 9, engage! (30 minutes later) Take us out of warp! Here goes the atmosphere... Parachutes...

So I've landed and... Wow! Wow... That's kinda beautiful place! I see, there is a mod for adding constructions and stuff here. Why don't you add a couple building-like easter eggs to this planet? (Lore question) Why is the terrain so high? Is it something about gas giant's tidal forces? I have a lot of questions. But still, I like this little salt-sandy planet with giant ice caps.

http://i61.tinypic.com/35ch5hx.jpg

When both suns are out, the surface turns white (is it actually supposed to be so?)

http://i57.tinypic.com/2u9nw1s.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/qx78rr.jpg

Going to design manned warp ship soon. I think I'll use one of my old nuclear designs (for deltaV) and stick a ring there.

P.S. I definitely can make a video about this mod (Stella expansion). Does anybody want me to record it? :cool: I'll be glad if somebody specifies next target for me to go. Because I like to go where no man has gone before:).

Very cool.

Question, how long did you do over the trip? This is because I use TAC LS and I want to survive the trip.

http://i61.tinypic.com/35ch5hx.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/2u9nw1s.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/qx78rr.jpg

I'd love a recording. I have no idea about the white surface, and the terrain is not meant to be like that however I like your explanation.

Also a mission to Verviedi with a video would be cool as well, it has plenty of easter eggs.

Edited by _Augustus_

I am having a problem using this mod regarding atmospheres. I am using Laythe as a reference for creating a new world. All is well part form the atmosphere, which is red no matter what I do. I would really, really appreciate some help with this as the problem is burning me out. Please PM me if you know a thing or two about setting atmo's for planets.

Many thanks!!

I am having a problem using this mod regarding atmospheres. I am using Laythe as a reference for creating a new world. All is well part form the atmosphere, which is red no matter what I do. I would really, really appreciate some help with this as the problem is burning me out. Please PM me if you know a thing or two about setting atmo's for planets.

Many thanks!!

There is a link in the OP for changing atmo colors