Crowd Sourced Science-Biome Reports Everywhere! (August 11) [6.0]

DuoDex

What do you want next?  

746 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want next?

• Expand, with an eye towards support for other science mods.
    • Make contributing easier!
    • Add support for the planet pack mods.

heyy, i want to use this with interstellar, but when i want to use the magnetometer i can't log the data.

i looked at the part .cfg and it was fine.

any idea how to get rid of this problem? i really like this mod :D

*smacks self in frustration*

Yeah, I'll release an update that should cover that tomorrow.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Hi, is there any possibility for inspired but lazy people who can't be bothered with silly "github" and "repo" things to PM you their contributions ? Or at least to do a ELI5-like tutorial about how to contribute ? I am a bit afraid about this Repo thing, don't want anyone to come and reclaim my new car.

I have done some research for the biomes and listed them here. I'll still have to do some research on Kerbin because now buildings have their own biome, so maybe also the old KSC and KSC island have a seperate biome.

I'll still have to test the biomes for science reports if they work on the biomes or not.

I have done some research for the biomes and listed them here. I'll still have to do some research on Kerbin because now buildings have their own biome, so maybe also the old KSC and KSC island have a seperate biome.

I'll still have to test the biomes for science reports if they work on the biomes or not.

They won't. Not properly at least. I have a lot of updating to do!

*smacks self in frustration*

Yeah, I'll release an update that should cover that tomorrow.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

this apparently breaks the science modules in RoverDude's Sounding Rockets as well (not sure if your planned change is a global one or mod specific) - thanks for taking this on and the updates

BTW this addon seems to break "station science" mod, where rather than having an option 'finalize results' only a 'deploy' menu option appears (which does nothing)

DuoDex knows this mod currently breaks all other science parts in any mod and is working to fix it across the board

OK, so the update will take quite a bit of time as I have to trawl through large amounts of data. I was originally going to release a patch to fix compatibility with other mods, but it looks like I might as well start supporting 0.90.

Expect an update in a few days.

EDIT: Looking at how StationScience-I'm going to be able to update quickly for mod support, probably.

Edited by DuoDex

Update 1.3.0 is out. All it does is fix support for other mods. I haven't had the time to test it, but please let me know if something isn't working properly.

Hi Duo,

The logs have always been a favorite of mine. Don't forget to update your post to reflect the version #, it helps those of us looking for updates.

Just a minor bit of info for you all, this actually conficts with http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/102502-0-90-Sounding-Rockets!-Start-small-Dream-big!-0-0-1-2014-12-16 and makes the science for the experiments un-usable.

It shouldn't be conflicting with Sounding Rockets with the latest release, let me try.

EDIT: I didn't had any conflicts with this mods. Do you have the latest releases of both mods?

Edited by Olympic1

Why do you require ModuleManager when nothing in your file use it ?
It was used in the previous update (before 1.3.0)

I believe what sarbian means is, if you want it to use ModuleManager the file would need to contain MM Operators, not just be a plain .cfg with everything redefined. I made my own MM config of this a while back. Instead of

EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION {
id = crewReport
title = Crew Report
baseValue = 5
scienceCap = 5
dataScale = 1

Results
{
}
}

You would instead have it be this:

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
[*]:HAS[#id[crewReport]] {

!RESULTS {}
RESULTS {
}
}

Which says "For EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION with the id value of "crewReport" delete the node "RESULTS" and then add the new node "RESULTS" with all the new science defs. This is probably overly complicated, with the

[*] and HAS, but it works (or at least did or seemed to, Sarbian can confirm).

I believe what sarbian means is, if you want it to use ModuleManager the file would need to contain MM Operators, not just be a plain .cfg with everything redefined. I made my own MM config of this a while back. Instead of

EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION {
id = crewReport
title = Crew Report
baseValue = 5
scienceCap = 5
dataScale = 1

Results
{
}
}

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION

!RESULTS {}
RESULTS {
}
}

Which says "For EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION with the id value of "crewReport" delete the node "RESULTS" and then add the new node "RESULTS" with all the new science defs. This is probably overly complicated, with the

The meaning of this mod is to ADD science logs and not to delete them, especially when you use mods that also adds science logs.

Let me try again, maybe I had a slightly off version or my game just was stupid.

Also just to let you know, The CKAN thing needs to be updated so it will register it as also being 0.90 compatable, as it does not appear in the 0.90 mod list.

Let me try again, maybe I had a slightly off version or my game just was stupid.

Also just to let you know, The CKAN thing needs to be updated so it will register it as also being 0.90 compatable, as it does not appear in the 0.90 mod list.

Well it is partially working in 0.90, but no yet with the new biomes.

I'm testing the science reports if they work in the new biomes. I just let the report say:

If you see this report, you know that <biome> works

If everything works, DuoDex and I will update the mod.

Well it is partially working in 0.90, but no yet with the new biomes.

I'm testing the science reports if they work in the new biomes. I just let the report say:

If everything works, DuoDex and I will update the mod.

Don't really understand what you're trying to do there. Could you explicate it a bit more?

EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION {
id = crewReport
title = Crew Report
baseValue = 5
scienceCap = 5
dataScale = 1

Results
{
}
}

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION

!RESULTS {}
RESULTS {
}
}

We used to do this in 1.2.0, but that broke compatibility with other mods.

I end up with this exception, which is the same thing that always happens when you try to add to EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION nodes with the same experiment ids.

ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,ScienceExperiment].Add (System.String key, .ScienceExperiment value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ResearchAndDevelopment.loadExperiments () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ResearchAndDevelopment.GetExperiment (System.String experimentID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ModuleScienceExperiment.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

So I'm surprised that experiments work at all, given that this has always pretty much broken things in the past.

I see that version 1.2 uses the MM approach, but I think you need to follow the example that Gribbleshnibit8 posted; setting MM configs for each experiment individually, not just grouping everything together. I'm actually not really sure what the version 1.2 file does. Is it just dumping this set of results every time it sees an EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION node?

This is exactly what I do when I add results to the stock experiments and I have never had issues with it breaking things or with overwriting the existing results.