Crowd Sourced Science-Biome Reports Everywhere! (August 11) [6.0]

DuoDex

What do you want next?  

745 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want next?

• Expand, with an eye towards support for other science mods.
    • Make contributing easier!
    • Add support for the planet pack mods.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I did a quick test of this mod in KSP 1.4.1, just running mystery goo and temperature experiments in some of the KSC biomes. It seems to still be working OK - the relevant descriptions appear. Of course, that may not be true for all experiments in all biomes on all bodies. *shrug*

• 1 month later...
On 3/29/2018 at 4:08 PM, UnanimousCoward said:

I did a quick test of this mod in KSP 1.4.1, just running mystery goo and temperature experiments in some of the KSC biomes. It seems to still be working OK - the relevant descriptions appear. Of course, that may not be true for all experiments in all biomes on all bodies. *shrug*

;) 

1 hour ago, MB62 said:

i have 3 questions really, does this work in 1.4.x and does it support gameslinx planet overhual and after kerbin planet packs? the science there is without text, at all.

(No ill intent here) Try to read back at least 1 page in a thread before asking your question as it is answered in the first quote (only about 5 posts up). ;) This mod can/will support any planet pack but it just needs people to write the science results. (Currently, no it doesn't as there is no custom science.)

I caught mention of crowd sourced science for After Kerbin in someone's youtube series but the files (if any) may only exist on that youtuber's discord server. :/ 

• 3 months later...

Reciently installed this mod in my 1.4.5 game and it appears to work ok. (Limited test, NOT running around KSC biomes) :D

But in visiting the github to download it I noticed someone had added a bunch of reports for Ike, (and some updates/corrections for Duna?) a few months ago. 

Does someone need to be pinged (Not sure how to do that) to get those added to the mod?

Edited by BlackHat

On 8/13/2018 at 4:07 PM, BlackHat said:

Reciently installed this mod in my 1.4.5 game and it appears to work ok. (Limited test, NOT running around KSC biomes) :D

But in visiting the github to download it I noticed someone had added a bunch of reports for Ike, (and some updates/corrections for Duna?) a few months ago.  

Does someone need to be pinged (Not sure how to do that) to get those added to the mod?

@BlackHat

Merged, thank you.

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, therealcrow999 said:

Where about's do I get that? I went to first page on this thread and click on Github download, just shows up the older one.

There's not been a release since then. To get the unreleased changes, you would have to download the raw repository (normal mod install protocol applies here).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@DuoDex

So I've been using CrowdSourcedScience with the After Kerbin planet pack, getting members of my discord to submit reports for the various planets.
The planet specific reports all work great, but I notice that none of the default reports ever pop up, meaning if there is no report specific to the planet and situation, I just get the default 'science collected' message.

Is there something I need to change somewhere that will allow the default reports to work? I haven't altered the 000_default folder in the slightest. 
It would be nice to have the default reports to fill in the gaps where my discord members haven't made After Kerbin specific reports.

Edited by TheBeardyPenguin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@DuoDex Aw man. It's too bad that you have to pass this on to another, but real life always comes first.

Usually.

For most people.

er. Maybe not for NEETs and shut-ins. Whatever.

To you and @Olympic1 and the rest of your team for bringing this to fruition, many thanks!  I also thank the many who contributed the often very funny science results!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...