Crowd Sourced Science-Biome Reports Everywhere! (August 11) [6.0]

DuoDex

What do you want next?  

745 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want next?

• Expand, with an eye towards support for other science mods.
    • Make contributing easier!
    • Add support for the planet pack mods.

Yes, that's right! Crowd Sourced Science is back! Under new management-by @madsailor, @Sigma88, @Olympic1, and @harryyoung! Previously maintained by the great @codepants. Thanks to @linuxgurugamer for technical assistance :) as well as @Jedilucas

Regarding 1.10 compatibility: CSS 6.0 is 100% compatible with 1.10, thanks to everyone who helped update it!

Crowd Sourced ScienceFeatures

• Never get the same log twice! 100% original content for every science experiment!3
  • Contains science reports made by the community!
  • Easy1 to contribute.
  • Still has Squad reports!
  • Overly uncomplicated installation-just drag and drop into the GameData folder!
  • ModuleManager support!
  • Support for all biomes!
  • You read the last bullet point!

And we're now on Github for contributions. This results in easy editing.

Downloads: Github (guaranteed latest version) : Also available via the CKAN

Installation: Place the CrowdSourcedScience-x.x.x folder into GameData. You'll also need ModuleManager-make sure you have the latest edition!

Contributions: Create a Github repo and edit the .cfg file. Make a pull request, which will be moderated and then (probably) approved. More information on the wiki.

License(s): Crowd Sourced Science releases are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License... I inform you that, should you make any contributions, they will be under a CC0 license. This is to prevent any copyright...issues.

Changelog:

Spoiler

8/11/20: v6.0 by Olympic1 and jedilucas. Thanks guys.
5/31/17: v4.1 updated to 1.3 - by Olympic1 and Sigma88. Thanks!
5/5/17: v4.0 Fixes 1.2 incompatibility - by Olympic1 and Sigma88. Thanks!
6/11/15 : v3.0.1 fixed my stupidity.
5/3/15 : v3.0 fully compatible with 1.0, thanks to everyone who worked on it!
4/27/15 : v2.0 is compatible with 1.0, as far as I am aware. Make sure you have the correct version of ModuleManager, and please report any issues!
2/26/15 : v2.0! Biome reports everywhere!
1/20/15: v1.5.0 cleanup, support for ScanSat, bug fixes by madsailor, harryoung, and Olympic1
1/12/15: v.1.9.9 .90 biomes support, thanks to harryyoung and madsailor.
12/23/14 v1.4 fixed compatibility with mods. Again.
12/18/14: v1.3.0 fixed compatibility with other mods.
12/16/14: v1.2.1 remains compatible with 0.90 as long has you have the latest ModuleManager
12/13/14: v1.2.1 fixed compatibility issue with the CKAN. Oops.
12/9/14: v.1.2.0 stable release
12/8/14: v1.1.0 initial release

Spoiler

Google docs can't handle large files. In the mean time, things have been grossly simplified (as you can probably tell by the length of this post).

We are not combing new submissions until I figure out the solution. You can still submit things here, they just won't get moderated/inserted for the foreseeable future.

You can still download the files; however, there has been some questioning as to whether or not they work in the latest updated. Be aware.

Moderated version:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Unmoderated version:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Both versions are now copyrighted under CC BY-NC-SA. If you don't know what that means, look it up. Basically, it means don't sell it for money.

I have also added a disclaimer to the submission form regarding the copyright.

Right now, real life is in the way, and I'm sorry about that. I will get back to this eventually. If anybody wants to come up with an ad-hoc solution, I will edit this post accordingly.

I will still respond to edit suggestions in the file as I get an e-mail for those so they are hard to ignore and quick to implement.

Looking for screenshots of the science reports! Post them below!

1This definition of easy is not sanctioned by any English language governing body. To contribute, you may have to create github repos, edit code, not break anything, and chop down a tree yonder with a herring.

2I have received explicit permission from codepants to do this.

3For pre-0.90 biomes only.

nothing shows in log but with the orignal one when u would do a crew report u i would say nan for sceince and the bar for sending and such would be all messed up. people had asked about it before in the old thread.

havent tried your version here yet to see if it still has that error for crew reports ill check when i play next and let u know if it is still there.

I may have to get involved in this, if only because I keep coming up with Kerbal-flavored funny bits of text that could be put to use.

I also have a few screenshots but I didn't get a chance to upload them anywhere yet. I'll post a couple tonight if I can.

I may have to get involved in this, if only because I keep coming up with Kerbal-flavored funny bits of text that could be put to use.I also have a few screenshots but I didn't get a chance to upload them anywhere yet. I'll post a couple tonight if I can.
Screenies please!

So, how exactly do I do this? Do I remove the other science reports from the science changes, or leave it as is?

Download the .zip file and extract it somewhere. Then copy the "CrowdSourcedScience-x.x.x" (x.x.x is the version number) into your GameData folder.

Download and install ModuleManager.

Your GameData folder should look like this:

261cm6q.png

Start KSP and enjoy the new science reports.

Download the .zip file and extract it somewhere. Then copy the "CrowdSourcedScience-x.x.x" (x.x.x is the version number) into your GameData folder.

Download and install ModuleManager.

Your GameData folder should look like this:

http://i57.tinypic.com/261cm6q.png

Start KSP and enjoy the new science reports.

No no no, what I mean is how to add new ones. I made a github repo, what do I do now?