Crowd Sourced Science-Biome Reports Everywhere! (August 11) [6.0]

DuoDex

What do you want next?  

746 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want next?

• Expand, with an eye towards support for other science mods.
    • Make contributing easier!
    • Add support for the planet pack mods.

I'm not sure where the logfile is. Can you tell me where to find it? Again, total noob here.

Also, my KSP game is loaded with mods.

Chatterer

B9 Aerospace

Mechjeb

Realchute

Docking Alignment

Interstellar

Stage Recovery

Time Control

HyperEdit

ScanSat

NEAR

KAS

Better Science Labs

Blizzy Toolbar

Infernal Robotics

KW Rocketry

Station Science

Tech Manager

MK1 Inline Cockpit IVA

RCS Build Aid

Active Texture Management

ModuleManager

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

Community Resource Pack

Ambient Light Adjustment

I cant upload any file since im using my phone to browse the web.

I however can list the mods im using. Ill do it in a bit

Toolbar

Chatter

Crowd Sourced Science 1.4.0

Deadly Reentry

Distant Object Enchantment

DMagic Orbital Science

Enhanced Nav Ball

Kerbanomics

Kerbal Construction Time

Kerbal Engineer

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

HyperEdit

Infernal Robotics

Mechjeb2

Docking port alignment

NEAR

Orbital Material Science Lab

Nova Punch 2

Procedural Fairings

SCANsat

Science alert

Stage Recovery

Station Science

Stock Bug Fix Modules

Tantares

Tantares LV

Ship Info

Alarm Clock

Tweak Scale

Module manager

Edited by code99

Here it is ... hope its the right one. I have found a total of 3 of these files.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=82724837125231387054

I don't see any errors in the log. Try again with a complete install.

- - - Updated - - -

Thingy 1.9.9 is out. All we need is more reports.

THANKS to madsailor and harryoung for all their hard work.

@DuoDex: Thanks for the update. Do we still need to delete the original Squad ScienceDefs.cfg in order to avoid incompatibility with other mods (AKA Station Science)? Thank you.

-edit-

Nevermind, I see that you've apparently fixed that since 1.3.0 :)

I am getting a lot of repeated IVA's at the moment at the start of my career. Does this happen to everyone? Jeb REALLY wants to find that kettle.

If you're using 1.9.9, there will be a lot of repeated IVA's. We haven't actually added reports, just the ability to do so.

I am getting a lot of repeated IVA's at the moment at the start of my career. Does this happen to everyone? Jeb REALLY wants to find that kettle.

This promted me to go into the game and I found the following:

If there is a biome-specific message, the first and only the first message available will be displayed. If no biome is specified it will take the message from the list of available defauts randomly (I'll verify this again before bugging squad). This is a game issue as it can be recreated editing the sciencedefs.cfg in the squad folder directly. Kinda defeats the purpose of this mod tho :(

This promted me to go into the game and I found the following:

If there is a biome-specific message, the first and only the first message available will be displayed. If no biome is specified it will take the message from the list of available defauts randomly (I'll verify this again before bugging squad). This is a game issue as it can be recreated editing the sciencedefs.cfg in the squad folder directly. Kinda defeats the purpose of this mod tho :(

Well, that's pretty stupid. I don't know if there's a way to get around it, even if I were to take my minimal C# skills and write a plugin. SQAUD Y U NO FIX NAOW!

DuoDex, I thought if it was easier for people to contribute, they may be more likely to do so. I figured that the issue tracker on Github might be a way to do this, so I added an 'issue' to my fork of the CSS repo on my github page. Take a look when you have a chance: https://github.com/madsailor/CrowdSourcedScience/issues/1 . Also, I was considering putting up a post in the Fan Works section of the forums to point some more creative people here to add content. Hopefully Squad can help us out with the issue above so that all this potential new content actually gets used.

Thoughts?

DuoDex, I thought if it was easier for people to contribute, they may be more likely to do so. I figured that the issue tracker on Github might be a way to do this, so I added an 'issue' to my fork of the CSS repo on my github page. Take a look when you have a chance: https://github.com/madsailor/CrowdSourcedScience/issues/1 . Also, I was considering putting up a post in the Fan Works section of the forums to point some more creative people here to add content. Hopefully Squad can help us out with the issue above so that all this potential new content actually gets used.

Thoughts?

It's a good idea. Both of them are good ideas. Rep!

It's a good idea. Both of them are good ideas. Rep!

Done and done. The Fan Works forum thread is Here. Also I have started adding content for Kerbin so that every biome/instrument/situation combination has at least one unique report. I'll send a pull request when complete.