Having a lot of trouble

Just recently fired up KSP again today and am experiencing a lot of trouble.

1. Can't get S1 SRB solid boosters to connect to more than one TT-70 radial decoupler

2. Can't get subassemblies to connect together.

3. Having a lot of issues with parts not wanting to snap together, they will only connect at very crazy angles.

I don't remember having such struggles a few months ago. What is going on?

(The only mod I have is MechJeb2)

Just recently fired up KSP again today and am experiencing a lot of trouble.

1. Can't get S1 SRB solid boosters to connect to more than one TT-70 radial decoupler

2. Can't get subassemblies to connect together.

3. Having a lot of issues with parts not wanting to snap together, they will only connect at very crazy angles.

I don't remember having such struggles a few months ago. What is going on?

(The only mod I have is MechJeb2)

Try turning off angle snap, does crazy stuff to wings and similar. Make sure it's in the 'circle' mode.

My best first guess would be that you have angle-snap on or off, whichever you weren't used to before. Nothing else has changed in the editor recently, but will do in the next version.

Toggle angle-snap by pressing 'C' or clicking the button to the right of the symmetry-icon.

Do you want to connect a booster to two decouplers to improve stability when staging or wobble while they are active? Then it's not possible, it will only connect to one but not both. For decoupling you can either use sepratons or Claw's decoupling fix mod.

I've noticed that subassemblies will only connect through one of its nodes, the one you used to separate it from the ship when saving the subassembly(the one you are holding) or the root part if you made the subassembly by itself. It's annoying.

When adding parts, the camera affects how you will attach the part. If you want to attach to a node, try pressing the mod key (alt key in windows) while attaching said part. This way it will only attach to nodes, which is useful when adding parts to a mk2 cargo bay.

Hope it helps.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.