Infernal Robotics controls

I am having a problem working with the infernal robotics controls. I have placed hinges on my command pod and I have metal beams connected. My plan was to create a robotic arm pretty much. I use the toolbar to edit the groups and I have made every group correspond with each part. I am able to control the hinges in VAB but when I launch my rover it wont work even when I edit the groups. I tried adding buttons in the "Keys" part of the group but none of them work. Basically I am asking, how do I control the infernal robotics outside of VAB? :confused:

Welcome to the forums!

It's easiest to use the Infernal Robotics UI. If you have Blizzy's toolbar installed, click the white triangle and add the white IR button to that toolbar. If you don't, just click the IR button in the stock toolbar.

Hello! :) The toolbar does show up and the buttons are there but when I press the arrows that would move the arm, it doesn't work and I tried using action groups and I clicked the circle that's between the arrows but nothing happens. Could it be a compatibility issue or an issue that could be resolved with a re-install?

Ah, there are a few other possibilities, but some more information would help. Could you upload all of the following?

• Your output log (see the How to Get Support sticky)
  • A list of all your mods, including versions
  • Video, or a series of screenshots showing attempts to move the parts

Also, do you have a command pod or probe core? Do you have enough electric charge to move the parts?

Ah, there are a few other possibilities, but some more information would help. Could you upload all of the following?

• Your output log (see the How to Get Support sticky)
  • A list of all your mods, including versions
  • Video, or a series of screenshots showing attempts to move the parts

Also, do you have a command pod or probe core? Do you have enough electric charge to move the parts?

I do use a command pod equipped with two batteries (Ec:400) and as you can see in this image (hopefully it works) that I have set up groups, placed and named every hinge corresponding to each action I click.

Screenshot_9.png

This image shows that I can successfully move each hinge and the rotatron using the IR buttons. Everything works fine in the VAB until I launch..

Screenshot_10.png

As you can see in this image, I am at the launch pad and I am trying to use the movement buttons in servo control but nothing happens. All of the groups are still there but the movement arrows in the group editor are gone. I also noticed that every part reads that it consumes "0 Ec/s" but prior to the launch they listed other numbers.

Screenshot_12.png

:PMods installed:

Mechjeb2 (V.0.25 reads incompatible but still works)

TweakScale (V.0.24)

Darkmultiplayer

Infernal Robotics (obviously)

K.A.S. (V.0.25)

000_Toolbar

Edited by Master Tao
fix image links

Could you list the versions of the mods? and are you on ksp version 0.24 or 0.24.2

Also we need your output_log, it can be found in KSP_win/KSP_Data

it is a .txt file, you can upload it to some place like dropbox and we can look at it.

In order for it to show us any useful info before you upload it start your game, load your save, load the vessel with the arm in the VAB, launch the vessel, try to move the arms, then Alt-F4 out of KSP. After doing that load the file to dropbox and post us a link.

Edited by Akira_R

Could you list the versions of the mods? and are you on ksp version 0.24 or 0.24.2

Also we need your output_log, it can be found in KSP_win/KSP_Data

it is a .txt file, you can upload it to some place like dropbox and we can look at it.

In order for it to show us any useful info before you upload it start your game, load your save, load the vessel with the arm in the VAB, launch the vessel, try to move the arms, then Alt-F4 out of KSP. After doing that load the file to dropbox and post us a link.

I play KSP version 0.24

I have a link to the dropbox file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qa6z44dneuibr3w/output_log.txt?dl=0

:PMods installed:

Mechjeb2 (V.0.25 reads incompatible but still works)

TweakScale (V.0.24)

Darkmultiplayer

Infernal Robotics (V.0.19.2)

K.A.S. (V.0.25)

KSP toolbar plugin (V1.7.7)

You have several mods installed in double folders: KSP\GameData\GameData\. Move them out to KSP\GameData\. That should solve your IR problems. :)

For future reference, %7Boption%7D tags only work if you link directly to the image itself. From the PostImg page, right-click on image and look for "Copy Image Location" (Firefox).

You have several mods installed in double folders: KSP\GameData\GameData\. Move them out to KSP\GameData\. That should solve your IR problems. :)

For future reference, %7Boption%7D tags only work if you link directly to the image itself. From the PostImg page, right-click on image and look for "Copy Image Location" (Firefox).

Thanks for the tip! I did move some files out of the double folders and as excited as I was, it fixed a few bugs that went on with the K.A.S. mod but my IR is still not responding. Could it be a problem with the installation version? Or did I set up the robot wrong? :sealed:

That, too. You'll have to downgrade to IR 19.1.

Based on your log, the version of TweakScale you have installed should be compatible with 0.24.2, but it's hard to tell which versions you have since MechJeb 0.25, TweakScale 0.24, and KAS 0.25 don't exist. The versions of KSP they're designed for isn't specific enough. TweakScale, for example, has been through 20+ updates since 0.24 was released.

That, too. You'll have to downgrade to IR 19.1.

Based on your log, the version of TweakScale you have installed should be compatible with 0.24.2, but it's hard to tell which versions you have since MechJeb 0.25, TweakScale 0.24, and KAS 0.25 don't exist. The versions of KSP they're designed for isn't specific enough. TweakScale, for example, has been through 20+ updates since 0.24 was released.

Strange. So im guessing my options are to downgrade IR since the version I have is for KSP V.24.2 and up?

I would definitely suggest updating KSP to .24.2 your save should carry over, there were a number of bugs in .24 that .24.2 will fix

Also as stated above you are listing the KSP version that the mods were intended to run on, this is not the mod version, for instance the current IR version is 0.19.2 MechJeb is 2.4.0 and KAS is 0.4.9

Generally for any mods that add plugins(the .dll files) such as mods like MechJeb, KAS, ATM, and IR, you want to use the most up to date version that was made for your KSP version, sometimes a mod that was built to run on a newer KSP version will work, other times it won't.

And as was stated above you need IR v0.19.1 it is built for KSP .24.2

IR v0.19.2 is built for KSP .25

I would definitely suggest updating KSP to .24.2 your save should carry over, there were a number of bugs in .24 that .24.2 will fix

Also as stated above you are listing the KSP version that the mods were intended to run on, this is not the mod version, for instance the current IR version is 0.19.2 MechJeb is 2.4.0 and KAS is 0.4.9

Generally for any mods that add plugins(the .dll files) such as mods like MechJeb, KAS, ATM, and IR, you want to use the most up to date version that was made for your KSP version, sometimes a mod that was built to run on a newer KSP version will work, other times it won't.

And as was stated above you need IR v0.19.1 it is built for KSP .24.2

IR v0.19.2 is built for KSP .25

Will do! Thank you for the information :cool: I will update you guys on it!

Wow thank all of you guys! It worked!! :D:D:) its great and the toolbar really helps. I had made sure to get the correct version and updated KSP. I am glad every one of you helped me! I guess I have to start over but with the mods I have it makes everything easier! I couldn't be more thankful

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.