How to duplicate this

Uh...I'm assuming from the question that you're having problems with symmetry mode. If that's the case, I've got no ideas.

Otherwise , you're in the SPH - hit the X key on your keyboard. Or push that button with the big square on it just to the right of where the cost of your craft is indicated, there at the bottom on the lefthand side. For good measure, you can also push the button immediately to the right of that; the circle in the center will change into a hexagon and things will start "clicking" to certain angles and such. C-key on your keyboard does the same thing.

Let me guess: You started with the fuselage, added the wing and now want a second fuselage next to it?

If I am correct you're in for a though one. You'll have to build the second fuselage manually and it can be difficult to make everything symmetrical.

The easiest way (and I do hope you actually did this) is to start with in the center the wing, then add the fuselages with simple mirror symmetry.

Let me guess: You started with the fuselage, added the wing and now want a second fuselage next to it?

If I am correct you're in for a though one. You'll have to build the second fuselage manually and it can be difficult to make everything symmetrical.

The easiest way (and I do hope you actually did this) is to start with in the center the wing, then add the fuselages with simple mirror symmetry.

Wing not a root piece.

That Tex_NL got, believe me. What he assumed is that the wing should be the center piece in your construction?

If so, he suggested to begin with the wing, and then add the fuselages to both sides with the symmetry mode.

Or do you want a construction like this with the first fuselage in the middle?

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Or did you have a tank clipped inside the fuselage and mounted the wing to that part. And if so, is that's the root part? Is the reason for that to have the wing mounted as high as possible in respect to the fuselage?

Please: You should provide us with slighly more informations about your intentions regarding your design. Because we are guessing and an answer like "wing not root piece" doesn't help out to veryfy your problems corretly.

... What he assumed is that the wing should be the center piece in your construction?

Because we are guessing and an answer like "wing not root piece" doesn't help out to veryfy your problems corretly.

That's EXACTLY what I was suggesting.

And you're right. "wing not root piece" doesn't explain a lot.

Although it does enforces my believe he did exactly what I was afraid he did.

That's EXACTLY what I was suggesting.

And you're right. "wing not root piece" doesn't explain a lot.

Although it does enforces my believe he did exactly what I was afraid he did.

Aight. I can put something between wings (root piece) and mount the other fuselage. The problem is that the radial attachament fuselage-wing (in this order) only goes in some places, I cannot freely choose where to put the wing.

Anything let me know.

Aight. I can put something between wings (root piece) and mount the other fuselage. The problem is that the radial attachament fuselage-wing (in this order) only goes in some places, I cannot freely choose where to put the wing.

Anything let me know.

Yes, that is correct. The fuselage will not always attach in the exact orientation you want. And this is also the reason why you can't simply duplicate the fuselage. This is the way the game works, very little (read: nothing) can be done about it.

If you want symmetry building from the center is the only option.

Try this mod:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/43208-0-22-Oct17-SelectRoot-Set-a-new-root-part-0-22-fixes

It should allow you to select that center wing as your root part.

Already have that, does not work.

I do have an Beam in the middle, and it helps.

Thanks to everyone who replied, i think it is doable now.

Thank you all.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.