The MachingBird Revive! 0.90 update

Thanks for all the attention.

@nicky4096: I deleted my save when 0.90.0 came out. So there will be no front shot. It is all good, I will try again after a while.

Also, I have no idea why it is saying there is extra fuel. It is just like you said with the single round-8 and the 4 oscar-Bs.

@TheAnimePug: Fuel lines from the external tanks to the front landing gear, then a fuel line from the landing gear back into the first tank.

Edited by Zipmafia

Thanks for all the attention.

@nicky4096: I deleted my save when 0.90.0 came out. So there will be no front shot. It is all good, I will try again after a while.

Also, I have no idea why it is saying there is extra fuel. It is just like you said with the single round-8 and the 4 oscar-Bs.

@TheAnimePug: Fuel lines from the external tanks to the front landing gear, then a fuel line from the landing gear back into the first tank.

i hope to see your re-do! :)

I might just swipe all the old records vlean because of 0,90 it allows for shipt to be built that couldn't been done before idk if i should though

i dont think you should, because the physics and flameout logic are still all the the same as before. so while it is easier to clip things now, its nothing that couldnt be done before with some cubic struts.

just my opinion though :)

Here is attempt #2. I think I can go faster still, but this is all I'm willing to do right now.

Lets call it "The Gnat"

http://imgur.com/a/a0Uv1

cool plane, nice flying, and nice speed! :)

however...

screenshot rules E:

"-e. Any staging events that happen, such as drop-tanks, launch stages, wheel drops, etcetera."

:0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0:

sorry :(

however...

screenshot rules E:

"-e. Any staging events that happen, such as drop-tanks, launch stages, wheel drops, etcetera."

:0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0:

sorry :(

Yeah, I was thinking about that when I was taking screen shots. Those wings go FLYING off when I decouple them. I could probably get a pick of them in the distance, but actually catching the decoupling is going to be hard.

Hope I can still make the leaderboard. If not not sweat, I'm going to try this again eventually.

Yeah, I was thinking about that when I was taking screen shots. Those wings go FLYING off when I decouple them. I could probably get a pick of them in the distance, but actually catching the decoupling is going to be hard.

Hope I can still make the leaderboard. If not not sweat, I'm going to try this again eventually.

some things you could try:

1) try using the tiny stack sperators that have 15 ejection force. or even docking ports! but that adds extra mass.

2) ditch the wings entrirely and rely on SAS torque (you can ditch that in space later)

3) give animepug the craft file :)

however i think you should be accepted anyway. i avoid that problem with horrible computer :D

ye s you will be on the old leader board i see no use in not updating though

sorry for the uber late reply. was on a trip for like AN ENTIRE DAY WITHOUT INTERNET 0.0 scary....

so, i will make an entry soon.

the reason for not updating is that i cant get it to work ;)

but roughly around christmas time i should get it working :) (hopefully)

well, i eventually got so tired of failed lag-monsters that i tried to see how fast a 1 intake design could go.

2149 m/s, and it wasnt very well optimized either! i think i can beat 2200 m/s with 1 intake, but thats for later.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

EDIT: as always im dumb. its unmanned, stock (except for time control, shouldnt affect flight), and called "PFU 1"

Edited by nicky4096

well... i added a smaller fuel tank for the speed run and drop tanks, and hit 2300 m/s.

another 5 m/s and ill be on the top 20 with only 1 intake!!!! though it is unmanned, eventually ill see if i can hit 2305 m/s with a seat.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

max qaulity reentry effects are so awesome :D

again, stock except for time control and steam guages, unmanned, and done in 0.24.2, and called "MB 1 intake #2"

sorry about the horribly dark pic of staging :(

you *can* make out the engine and fuel tanks though.

Edited by nicky4096
apologies for the dark staging pic...

well... i added a smaller fuel tank for the speed run and drop tanks, and hit 2300 m/s.

another 5 m/s and ill be on the top 20 with only 1 intake!!!! though it is unmanned, eventually ill see if i can hit 2305 m/s with a seat.

http://imgur.com/a/lMFWj

max qaulity reentry effects are so awesome :D

again, stock except for time control and steam guages, unmanned, and done in 0.24.2, and called "MB 1 intake #2"

sorry about the horribly dark pic of staging :(

you *can* make out the engine and fuel tanks though.

sorry have to reject this entry no recourse tab

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So my little spaceplane didn't get any attention (Sad face), but hopefully with my new ones about to be released, it'll get some much needed love :D. However, I think that I have indeed broken the record... http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/108562-The-Idon-Series

Although I do not have a picture of the final summary, I can whip that up in a second. As the resource panel shows, the only thing I used was my jet engine. I achieved a speed of 2350.8, and I believed I reached 2355 at one point... If this could be a contender, I'll get some new shots of the plane in action and the after flight summary. Even if this doesn't break the record, considering how large this plane is (and it is an SSTO!) I think that 2350 is pretty darn impressive.

- - - Updated - - -

It uses part clipping though.

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind, was looking at orbital speed XD

Edited by CitizenAerospace

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.