VAB Issues

So I went to test my rocket and everything went perfectly fine until a staging event caused some minor exploding. So I went back to the VAB to adjust the position of my onion stages and found that suddenly my rocket was too expensive to launch, which was strange because I reverted the flight and didn't add any parts. I figured out that even though I was using 4x symmetry, the game had placed 7 copies of the boosters, with four of them occupying the same space. The parts from the three additional boosters appear opaque as if they were attached to the rocket even when they're clearly not, and it's also impossible to delete them. If I try, they just get placed behind the parts menu (and still opaque). The only mod parts I'm using on this rocket are MechJeb and Procedural Fairings, but I don't think those are causing the issue. Also, trying to launch the rocket or exit the VAB just causes the game to freeze.

Is there any way I can edit the craft file to salvage the rocket, or at least everything above the KR-2L stage (I tried editing it myself, but that just messed it up more)?

Craft file: http://puu.sh/dodIN.craft <-- saved copy from before I tried mucking around in it myself

Screenshot:

8M50wqO.jpg

Edited by KevinW42

Sounds like a corrupted craft file - try building another one, and see if it happens.

I built a quick test rocket and tried another saved rocket and they worked just fine. If you meant replicating the one pictured, the point of this thread was that the payload was fairly complicated and I'd rather not start over from scratch.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.