Patcher error - rsync exited with code 10: Error in socket I/O

Hello,

When I try to run the patcher, I get an error ending with "rsync exited with code 10: Error in socket I/O".

rsync: getaddrinfo: None 873: hostname nor servname provided, or not knownrsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at /home/lapo/package/rsync-3.0.9-1/src/rsync-3.0.9/clientserver.c(122) [Receiver=3.0.9]

rsync exited with code 10: Error in socket I/O

Cleanup

Cleaning up some leftover files...

Any ideas why? I just installed KSP yesterday...

(Windows 7)

Edited by Carbal

Any ideas why?
hostname nor servname provided, or not knownrsync error

Please check if the patcher isn't blocked by the Windows firewall.

The event log of Windows probably logged that error too and may provide additional information.

Please check if the patcher isn't blocked by the Windows firewall.

The event log of Windows probably logged that error too and may provide additional information.

Thanks for the help. I added the Patcher.exe to the list of allowed programs in the firewall, get the same error. I also tried running the patcher as Administrator, same error. Do you know where in the event viewer the error would be logged? (Windows 7). I looked and couldn't find anything readily apparent.

Here's a little more info

Opening connection to None:873 with transport RSYNC...bin\rsync.exe -zrav --progress rsync://[emailaddress]@None:873/@kerbalspaceprogram.com/kerbalsp.production/KSP_win/ "/cygdrive/c/Users/[me]/KSP/KSP_win"

rsync: getaddrinfo: None 873: hostname nor servname provided, or not known

rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at /home/lapo/package/rsync-3.0.9-1/src/rsync-3.0.9/clientserver.c(122) [Receiver=3.0.9]

rsync exited with code 10: Error in socket I/O

I'm not familiar with the patcher, I bought KSP in Steam.

According to

rsync://[emailaddress]@None:873/

I guess it uses your mail adress to log in to the update server. Is there something where you can input it?

Also IIRC everybody who bought KSP from the KSP site has an account where he can download the current version. So you don't really need the patcher.

Do you know where in the event viewer the error would be logged?

I would look into Windows logs-node.

Edited by *Aqua*

I'm not familiar with the patcher, I bought KSP in Steam.

According to

I guess it uses your mail adress to log in to the update server. Is there something where you can input it?

Yeah, I have a login and can login to the Patcher. Noted about the download from the site, I believe it's up to date anyways (I'm having other issues with "crew reports" in game so thought the patcher might help). I'm currently reinstalling KSP.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.