[1.12.x] Sounding Rockets! Start small. Dream big!

RoverDude

Bargain Rockets is RubberDucky's Bargain Rockets mod that I'm curating till he returns (or will extend if he does not).

Oh.. and:

0.1.0 is up!

0.90 compatability

Added a little adapter that goes from 0.625 to 0.35 - includes a tiny charge for auto-separation. Great for making SRB powered probes :D

all i see in your signature is the USI image and

Mods for colonization, exploration, resources, and much more!

View our entire mod catalog here!

edit;

At least when you're posting. If i go to your user page and hit the 'about me' button the rest of your signature shows up

Edited by mkire

Playing with 0.1.0 in v90. Working as advertised. Great way to collect early science.

Question... i have that initial reach 5000 meters contract. Although my bottle rocket (errr.. Sounding rocket) exceeds that altitude, the contract doesn't get satisfied.

Playing with 0.1.0 in v90. Working as advertised. Great way to collect early science.

Question... i have that initial reach 5000 meters contract. Although my bottle rocket (errr.. Sounding rocket) exceeds that altitude, the contract doesn't get satisfied.

It needs to be completed by a Kerbal.

I found out those small SRBs make for perfect JATO rockets.

I'm in career mode and I have plane parts, but not enough science for the landing gear.

So I'm shooting my jets straight into the air and landing them by parachute.

It's great that the entire outside surface of the SRBs acts as a built in decoupler, so I can place them anywhere without using a expensive separate decoupler.

Yep, you have one already :)

We have the radial stick for angled launches, but what we don't have that might be cool is the type of rail that several RL sounding rockets launch along. From what I've heard about joints and Unity, "detach only in the direction that it slides" would probably a harder behavior to code than it is to talk about.

I doubt that this mod is balanced for NEAR.

I mean, my tiny rocket with just one stage gets to 40km height... :D

Also, how do I science? there is no option, perhaps due to 0.90 changes? Playing regular carreer mode

Edited by guto8797

If your right click menu is ahoo, ensure you have the latest version. This was fixed.

I discovered that until CrowdSourcedScience is updated it also blocks this action (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/102373-0-90-Crowd-Sourced-Science-Under-New-Management) apparently its also interfering with at least one other mod, Interstellar.

Check out the Sounding Rockets Mod Spotlight I just posted on YouTube: http://youtu.be/t4a6ehvMH4A

http://youtu.be/t4a6ehvMH4A

I watched that video before downloading and installing this addon.

In the current release all of the science modules except the engineering one bear the mouse-over description of meteorological Survey Package, is this somehow intended? the 'old' names are much cooler :-p

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.