[1.12.x] Sounding Rockets! Start small. Dream big!

RoverDude

Your USI Tools is out of date. Use the one that came with the 0.3.3 download.

- - - Updated - - -

StoredCharge is used by NearFuture capacitors, can I extend its juice-range with attaching some small capacitors?

Also, how many mods are you currently maintaining?

Yes, and too many.

FYI in stock you can't even make it to space with one of each stage ;) FAR just loves these tho.

Challenge accepted.

EDIT: Question: Are there supposed to be any mini fins included, or is everyone just using stock fins?

Edited by Errol

Just one more suggestion then I shut up: if you extend the battery life to about one hour, people will be able to get sounding rockets to orbit and back - provided they master the gravity turn. And tinkering with your unguided parts made me learn something about it even after playing this game for so long...

Funny thing... I would not consider these OP. They are mass and fuel appropriate for their size, but then FAR absolutely loves them for some reason (likely because they are... you know... aerodynamic and such).

What does surprise me is they have not broken because of atmospheric pressure, etc. - I may chat with Ferram4 and figure out what I did wrong/right ;)

They are very thin. I have found I can put long thin rockets at silly speeds through thick air. I reckon it`s a mass/area thing. If you don`t want them to do that, maybe make the payload a little wider?

Then you`ll get pressure on the front, thrust from the bottom and the middle may break...

I think you are right when you say because they are... you know... very aerodynamic and such...

They are very thin. I have found I can put long thin rockets at silly speeds through thick air. I reckon it`s a mass/area thing. If you don`t want them to do that, maybe make the payload a little wider?

Then you`ll get pressure on the front, thrust from the bottom and the middle may break...

I think you are right when you say because they are... you know... very aerodynamic and such...

Yeah chatted with Ferram, and the only net change was a slight mass boost and ISP decrease on the smallest of the three rockets. The rest are inline and are behaving correctly.

Sorry I meant 0.0.3 - the USITools in that file is dated 12/10 - you're using a much older version.

Thanks! Files updated, I'll try it again! :wink:

EDIT: Great news! Sticks drop as expected now!

Edited by jlcarneiro
Test result

You should add a fireworks module to replace the science modules for new year's eve. :rolleyes:

YES!!! THIS!!! :cool:

Actually, let's see whether I can mount a sounding rocket with a fireworks module (what? not implemented yet? RoverDude, what are you waiting for?????) on my Steampunk ship and lauch missiles from high above :D

Having an issue with the mod that i didn't have before, when i right click on sci. mods from the sounding rocket parts, nothing happens or pops up, didn't have this issue this morning.

Maybe I didn't understand corrrectly (English is not my first language), but isn't this the "no reports with right-click" glitch I reported before? If so, I'm not alone (I thought I was doing something wrong...)!

Maybe I didn't understand corrrectly (English is not my first language), but isn't this the "no reports with right-click" glitch I reported before? If so, I'm not alone (I thought I was doing something wrong...)!

i have the same issue no right click menu on the sceince parts. right clickworks on all other parts just the sceince parts have nothing

YES!!! THIS!!! :cool:

Actually, let's see whether I can mount a sounding rocket with a fireworks module (what? not implemented yet? RoverDude, what are you waiting for?????) on my Steampunk ship and lauch missiles from high above :D

I did try to make a modification, but it failed with a lot of bugs.:(

i have the same issue no right click menu on the sceince parts. right clickworks on all other parts just the sceince parts have nothing

If your right click menu is ahoo, ensure you have the latest version. This was fixed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.