[1.12.x] Sounding Rockets! Start small. Dream big!

RoverDude

1 minute ago, IronCretin said:

Does this mod support remotetech? I can control the inline control module without a connection

I was just looking at this and it doesn't appear there is a config for the inline. It's pretty easy to make though.

2 minutes ago, IronCretin said:

No, I mean how do I make a config for the inline. It doesn't have the signal processor.

@PART[SR_InlineProbe]:AFTER[UmbraSpaceIndustries]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,UmbraSpaceIndustries]
{
    //control for probe core
    %MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}
}

Gotcha. Create a ModuleManager config with this code and put it in ~/GameData. If anyone doesn't know how to do this. Copy the code into your favorite text editor and save the file as something like "SoundingRocket_IPRT.cfg" into /GameData.

Let me know if you have trouble, but it should work.

So I'm having this issue while using Remote Tech. Just with a SR nose Cone, I can't stage, or use any connected objects action groups. However if I add an antenna, I can. Anyone else having this problem, with possible fix?

3 hours ago, Jyson said:

So I'm having this issue while using Remote Tech. Just with a SR nose Cone, I can't stage, or use any connected objects action groups. However if I add an antenna, I can. Anyone else having this problem, with possible fix?

Are you using the avionic package?

Yes, my parts are

Payload Truss 35

Nose Cone 35

Avionics Package

mini battery

experiment payload

SR Rocket 35

3x sticks

With these, no action groups or staging. Add an antenna, and all is good.

Having a bit of a weird issue that I haven't seen mentioned since 1.1 update. The science modules are not working for me. 
I can see that they have science when I expand the part info in VAB, can attached and fly.. just not use. Getting a Warning of no science defs... info below. 

Spoiler Image of the Debug bar in VAB. 

Spoiler

screenshot2.png

and output log here

Fresh install of KSP as I finally got time for 1.1, so a batch of mods installed along with nearly all the USI stuff :P so could be a conflict somewhere I am just not knowledgeable enough to figure out what. 

17 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Toss me a screenshot of your GameData folder please

Spoiler

gamedata.png

There you go. Sorry its not sorted too well :P

edit:Did a search on this topic saw it was a issue back in 2015 for one guy with duplicate science defs, so am currently hunting to see if I got anything there from other mods. 

Further Edit, I checked all sciencedef files and found nothing, But then went on a little trip with google.. some people had problems with crowd sourced science mod (which I haven't got), but it did get me thinking about contracts and stuff.. Contract Configurator has a USI file which has the following:

Spoiler

//
// This file contains experiment definitions for various Umbra Space Industries experiments.
//
// Author: nightingale
//

CC_EXPERIMENT_DEFINITIONS
{
    name = USI

EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = PakRatdataCamera
    }

// Ignore the sounding rocket experiments
    EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = SRExperiment01
        ignored = true
    }
    EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = SRExperiment02
        ignored = true
    }
    EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = SRExperiment03
        ignored = true
    }
    EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = SRExperiment04
        ignored = true
    }
}

Not sure if that has a impact with them being "ignored" ... only thing I could think of though. 

Edited by rakol
Extra info

10 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Sounds like.. no idea why @nightingale is doing that tho...  Try removing it, see if it fixes the issue.

Nope no worky still. I didn't think to get a full log by going into flight scene, so here is a second output log which might have info. Debug bar was spamming nullrefs soon as it loaded up. 

New Output Log

If you don't see anything I will start removing mods tomorrow to figure out some conflicts.

Just now, nightingale said:

@rakol - Yeah, that file just tells the Contract Configurator science subsystem to ignore those experiments so they don't get offered as part of contracts (like the ones in Field Research).  It has no effect on anything outside of Contract Configurator.

Figured at much but tiredness and noobness dictates that I explore my own idiocy :P But ty for confirming but now puts me back to square one hehe

3 hours ago, Synthesis said:

Has anyone else lost the ability to right click on experiments? I tried uninstalling crowd-funded science reports, that didn't fix it--and I can still right click everything else. 

This sounds like what I am getting. Check the debug to see if your getting warning lines for "No Experiment Definition found". 

Will be poking my mod load today to see if I can come up with something. 

@Synthesis may also be batteries. I just forgot to add some in one my tests. 

@RoverDude Found the problem with my duplicate science Def's. Came from surface experiment pack so maybe @CobaltWolf can take a looksie. 

USI mods installed nothing else (other than squad folder) science modules work just fine from sounding rockets. Add in DMagic orbital.. works fine, Add in SEP mods and DmagicAnimate.

Debug warning from dmagic about duplicates.

Add Sounding rocket experiment to confirm and same warnings as in previous post. 

So cleared out SEP but not DmagicAnimate and problem has gone again. 

20 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

@CobaltWolf - Given that it's what Squad uses and also what a couple of my own mods use, that does not seem to be the issue.

Then I really have no idea what it could be. Would you be able to take a glance at the sciencedefs file if I upload it somewhere? I also cannot figure out what is causing this issue but I feel as if they're related.

This config adds support for kOS on the Avionics Package and Inline Probe.

@PART[SR_ProbeCore]:NEEDS[kOS]:FOR[UmbraSpaceIndustries]
{

MODULE
{
	name = kOSProcessor
	diskSpace = 1500
	ECPerBytePerSecond = 0
	ECPerInstruction = 0.000004
}

}
@PART[SR_InlineProbe]:NEEDS[kOS]:FOR[UmbraSpaceIndustries]
{

MODULE
{
	name = kOSProcessor
	diskSpace = 1500
	ECPerBytePerSecond = 0
	ECPerInstruction = 0.000004
}

}

Added Pull Request

Edited by blnk2007
Fixed Typo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.