How do you guys like my tank?

mento

I actually have a better model thats far more structurally sound. It can take like 4 hits to the side without killing the kerbal, the engine also works through a lot of damage. I think this tank looks a bit better though

screenshot0.png

I did cheat a little bit and edit some of the parts strength though, including the struts so technically if you're playing with the normal ksp it probably won't work well.

I've got a very tank-looking tank in my skunkworks... it uses wings for the panelling, but plates didn't use to protect against BD armory at all, so at least it looks good. Maybe you can get some ideas about how to do the front!

Y96rW7K.png

LqO0IiF.png

Rune. With door to the cabin and everything!

but plates didn't use to protect against BD armory at all

The latest version added something like that, I think.

Explosion damage and force does not pass through objects (armor plating is more useful)

and:

Tied part impact tolerance to destruction chance from explosions

so parts with more impact tolerance (plates) are better armor than parts with less (wings).

I like it! Mine has the front like that to run through stuff and to move quickly over rough terrain without hitting anything. The beams are bolted to the chassis, they can rip through almost anything. It's also a really heavy craft, my only problem is going above 50 mph the wheels tend to wobble in. Is there a way to fix this?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.