(Development On Hold) STS Recreation

Sampa

Greetings all...

Just thought I would make mention of an upcoming youtube series I am planning featuring the mod-in-development: Component Space Shuttle.

This series is going to be a complete recreation of all of the space shuttle mission including the disasters of Challenger and Columbia. As far as mods are concerned, I am pretty happy with my current set. However, I am now looking for a good recorder with which to actually film the series. Also, I will need to purchase a good microphone to record properly, otherwise, I will be voice recording via my built in laptop mic. (if anyone has any suggestions with regard to these, they are most welcome.) Finally, as I have just started an 18 month program to learn to be an air mechanic, I am now short on time, as I get more, I will try and get some videos made. The above title is just a basic title and will not be the final series title.

Update: Found a suitable recorder and will be using my dad's voice recorder/mic

Edited by Sampa

Greetings all...

Just thought I would make mention of an upcoming youtube series I am planning featuring the mod-in-development: Component Space Shuttle.

This series is going to be a complete recreation of all of the space shuttle mission including the disasters of Challenger and Columbia. As far as mods are concerned, I am pretty happy with my current set. However, I am now looking for a good recorder with which to actually film the series. Also, I will need to purchase a good microphone to record properly, otherwise, I will be voice recording via my built in laptop mic. (if anyone has any suggestions with regard to these, they are most welcome.) Finally, as I have just started an 18 month program to learn to be an air mechanic, I am now short on time, as I get more, I will try and get some videos made. The above title is just a basic title and will not be the final series title.

welcome!

As a KSP movie maker myself, I suggest kerbcam, FRAPS, and the Renaissance Pack for visuals- it looks really good.

If you've got a computer that can handle it, i have made a (very part heavy) stock space shuttle, if you care to try that :D

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/102239-Life-Size-Space-Shuttle-100-Stock%21

As for microphones, I use my smartphone's mic, then put the audio into the video editor.

Hope this helps :D

~Zekes

welcome!

As a KSP movie maker myself, I suggest kerbcam, FRAPS, and the Renaissance Pack for visuals- it looks really good.

If you've got a computer that can handle it, i have made a (very part heavy) stock space shuttle, if you care to try that :D

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/102239-Life-Size-Space-Shuttle-100-Stock%21

As for microphones, I use my smartphone's mic, then put the audio into the video editor.

Hope this helps :D

~Zekes

Thanks, as to my computer, I am running a samsung laptop, i7. I'll take a look at your space shuttle, however, I have not had a whole lot of luck with stock parts, ESPECIALLY when it comes to space station building (most of the time, I use KW Rocketry pack to make up for it)

Ok, wanting to move over to .90, so I am in the middle of rebuilding my chosen mod list. At this time, the following is a part of my core mod list for this series:

Component Space Shuttle

Mechjeb

US Probes Pack (for the TDRS and Galileo probes)

FASA Launch Clamps

Tweakscale

Nearfuture Solar

ISS Community (Bobcat)

Mir (Bobcat)

OLDD Proton

These are the mods for sure that WILL be in this series at one point or another.

I now ask you to chime in and tell me, which other mods you'd like me to consider for this series and I will consider adding it to the list.

Also, to any moderators, is there anything I need to think about with regards to following copyright to the game when I am posting this series onto youtube? Don't want to step on anyone's toes...so to speak...

Ok, wanting to move over to .90, so I am in the middle of rebuilding my chosen mod list. At this time, the following is a part of my core mod list for this series:

Component Space Shuttle

Mechjeb

US Probes Pack (for the TDRS and Galileo probes)

FASA Launch Clamps

Tweakscale

Nearfuture Solar

ISS Community (Bobcat)

Mir (Bobcat)

OLDD Proton

These are the mods for sure that WILL be in this series at one point or another.

I now ask you to chime in and tell me, which other mods you'd like me to consider for this series and I will consider adding it to the list.

Also, to any moderators, is there anything I need to think about with regards to following copyright to the game when I am posting this series onto youtube? Don't want to step on anyone's toes...so to speak...

Series development on hold for the time being due to issues with core mod...restart unknown...waiting on Dragon to find a new posting site and update the mod.

Squad are okay with it so long as you give them credit. A pointer to www.kerbalspaceprogram.com wouldn't go amiss either. If you end up becoming popular, they have an affiliate scheme you can get involved with to maybe make a bit of extra money off your videos.

HTH!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok, new question... For the moment, I'm going to run a Kerbalized mission series. I have chosen to use Open Broadcaster Software as my video recording device. However, I have no idea how to start recording anything besides sound and a black screen. It says I need to add a global source to it, but everytime I attempt to do so, it never shows up in the white sources box, what am I doing wrong here?

I use OBS exclusively. A most excellent choice. You need to add the ksp.exe to its source list, then make sure its checked before recording. You do this with KSP running first, then right click source pane, add, window capture I think. Youtube vids will show u how.

Edited by inigma

I use OBS exclusively. A most excellent choice. You need to add the ksp.exe to its source list, then make sure its checked before recording. You do this with KSP running first, then right click source pane, add, window capture I think. Youtube vids will show u how.

Ok, I'll go try it again tonight after homework... If I can get it to work...I'll begin the filming process...now more than ever since I have a personal flag...courtesy of theyellowdart!

Edited by Sampa

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.