New machine for KSP, looking for your favotire eye candy mods

xcorps

I was playing KSP on a laptop (a high end laptop, but still a laptop) so I avoided eye candy mods to keep performance up.

I just got my Christmas gift to myself, an i5 4690k 3.5ghz with 16GB Ram and a GTX970 4GB.

I'm running it with everything maxed out and it's silk, so it's time to up the ante in terms of visuals.

Post for me your favorite mods that enhance visuals please!

I have a i5 3.4 ghz, 8gb ram, nvidia gtx 660 and im running, This pack and it requires a pretty good pc/laptop to run and i'm getting 60 fps and getting 40% cpu usage and 80% Ram. Worth a shot man. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/76972-0-23-5-KSPRC-Renaissance-Compilation-artworks-remake-V-0-1-515-UPDATED-29-4-14

Thanks for the input peeps!

Downloading now.

- - - Updated - - -

I am running with Astronomer's pack, B9, KW and the full USI suite: 2GBs of ram. If your card supports it you should *really* switch to open-gl :)

Could you link me to some knowledge on this?

Thanks for the input peeps!

Downloading now.

- - - Updated - - -

Could you link me to some knowledge on this?

Running KSP with OpenGL

In brief (if your video card supports OpenGL), edit your shortcut to KSP to look similar to this:

C:\KSP_025\KSP.exe -force-opengl

In Windows, remember that a path needs quotes if it contains spaces, e.g.:

"C:\KSP 025\KSP.exe" -force-opengl

Definitely have a look into the new ATM and DDSLoader, it'll make a difference (only time consuming at first run, I did several runs with stock first, then low-graphics mods added, then the big graphics mods one-by-one):

DDS Loader

Active Texture Management

With the Astronomer's set, try "Oblivion" first before "Interstellar". I find the visuals of the older set more pleasing but that's a matter of taste (and RAM).

Troubleshooting OpenGL (may not be necessary): Reddit

Edited by orosee
Fuddled Mind

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.