Updated mods = slug framerate

Well depends on the installed mods, back on 0.24 after i installed some mods that added new engines / fuel tanks , in VAB i had to wait 5s after i pressed the "next page" button in the part selector. Now on 0.25 i have 5-6 mods i don't installed that mod and it run's like butter no more 5s waiting.

I don't use Interstellar mod but most possible it has large / complex parts ( big textures , etc ) , other bad side of Unity is that they refused to update the PhysX 2.8 ( it's old , limited only to 1 core processing , etc ) this is the main problem getting lag when you have a big orbital station. Now we need to wait Unity 5 witch will use the latest PhysX 3.3 , it's 2.5X faster , supporting multi-core processing , etc ... So it will help a lot.

If you don't want to delete all the mode, try to remove some parts you don't use this way you can save some RAM ( KSP it's 32 bit so it will use only around 3.2GB RAM ) maybe then it will be less laggy.

Updated Interstellar mod & Kethane, now my KSP game crawls like a slug :(

I replaced my old game data, so I can't go back; will this mean I am sunk with going back to vanilla / no mods ??

/CRY

Check your output.log see if any errors are showing up. Or you can check in game and see if your ALT+F2 debug screen see what errors are showing up. Odds are you are getting more than a few errors.

I would unistall KSP, reinstall fresh and install the mods you want one by one checking to see if the fault is with any one mod. If everything works and there are no errors, you may want to download and run the Active Texture Management mod that will reduce the memory use of alot of the textures. This will help with frame rates a fair bit and with your memory use.

Some more information would be helpful.Check out the How To Get Support sticky

Specifically what version of KSP are you running, and is it 32 or 64 bit?

What versions of the mods are you using?

When are you getting this lag, Space Center, VAB, in flight, all of the above?

When you are experiencing the lag hit Alt+F2, this pulls up the DeBug log, is it showing a bunch of red NullReferenceExceptions?

You can always go back, delete all the stuff that came with the new updates, and re-install the old versions.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.