Problems loading RSS

I'm trying to create an RSS version KSP. At first I tried installing all the mods I liked the look of, but often the game wouldn't make it past the loading screen and would get stuck loading a part, so I tried with just the essential mods. It loads fine, but a get stuck on this screen:

http://imgur.com/7qROKN4

Any ideas of how to solve this? I would greatly appreciate the help!

Moved to Support (modded installs) where help is given.

Please read the How to Get Support sticky and post the requested information. How long does the game become stuck? It's normal for the game to pause while editing each planet.

It's "stuck stuck". I left the game for a couple of hours and it still looks like that image i linked in the first post.

Because you didn't include the info to know for sure (the guidelines in that post exist for a reason! :) ) this is pure guesswork, but my guess is KSP ran out of processs memory. Try a lower resolution texture pack for RSS, removing partmods, installing ATM, etc.

Because you didn't include the info to know for sure (the guidelines in that post exist for a reason! :) ) this is pure guesswork, but my guess is KSP ran out of processs memory. Try a lower resolution texture pack for RSS, removing partmods, installing ATM, etc.

Sorry I didn't follow the guidelines. Anyway, I deleted that KSP folder and started all over again with only the required mods. It works :) I will probably now just add one mod at a time.

However, I have some questions:

Is everything in the solar system supposed to be tilted like this? http://i.imgur.com/BAfE5lB.png

I get that Earth is tilted relative to its orbit around the sun, so in the map view if it is going to be straight, then the moon's orbit will appear tilted, as will the planets' orbits around the sun, but shouldn't the layers in Jupiter's atmosphere be along the plane? I'm a bit confused by all this tilting!

Also, are the planets supposed to keep their original names (Bop, Ike etc.?)

Thirdly, there doesn't seem to be the right number of planets. I think the outermost one is Pluto, so one of Neptune, Uranus and Saturn is missing because between Jupiter and the outermost one there are only two planets.

Glad it's working for you! :)

1. The only way we can simulate axial tilt for the Earth (a *very* important thing to simulate) is to tilt the whole universe around it. KSP doesn't support axial tilt...

2. KSP hard-codes planet names in some cases, so changing them would break a lot of things (including, for example, making it impossible to recover craft).

3. RSS doesn't add planets, it just changes what we have. Kopernicus will, however, but it's in a bit of limbo right now.

Glad it's working for you! :)

1. The only way we can simulate axial tilt for the Earth (a *very* important thing to simulate) is to tilt the whole universe around it. KSP doesn't support axial tilt...

2. KSP hard-codes planet names in some cases, so changing them would break a lot of things (including, for example, making it impossible to recover craft).

3. RSS doesn't add planets, it just changes what we have. Kopernicus will, however, but it's in a bit of limbo right now.

Ok thanks, just not sure why

1) Jupiter is not facing the same way as its moons' orbits. (It's tilted relative to them)

2) Why Pluto was included over one of the gas giants. (I suppose it's a bit boring having loads of planets you can't land on)

Yes, the tilting is as I described above, the best we can do right now. It's better to have some tilt, and Earth with the correct tilt, than either (1) no tilt at all or (2) tilt normalized for some other body.

Pluto was included for basically that reason, and that there were enough gas/ice giants already, but nothing super-far-out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.