[1.1.2] [v1.3.0] Science Funding: career mode with no contracts! (2 may 2016)

Ippo

No, THANK YOU! Awesomesauce, appreciate the update.

Version 1.2.0 is out now!

I finally implemented the message queue. You will only get a message every n reports, where n is configurable in the options.

0 science reports are filtered out: thanks Taowulf!

Hey Taowulf, loving the mod, I dropped the funds per point to 250 as I am doing contracts, but I am also having to pay for the entry cost after research is done...so this helps bunches.

I would thought like to make a suggestion or two. First, your notification, would it be possible to have a better breakdown? Like say the part that did the science, then under the part have Science listed in blue, Funds in Green, and Rep in Yellow so it is a little less wall of text? Second, a total amount would also be nice. So at the top or bottom have three lines Total Science, Total Funds, and Total Rep with the tallied amounts.

It is the little details that really help. :-) Keep up the excelent work.

Hey Taowulf, loving the mod

You are welcome ;)

1) the part that did the science

2) Science listed in blue, Funds in Green, and Rep in Yellow

3) a total amount would also be nice

1) I don't think I have access to that information, I might look into it but I'm not sure the game tells me what part it originates from.

2) I don't know how we can have different colors in the message, if any modder knows how to format text in a message please let me know.

3) Implemented in v1.2.1 (only total funds and rep at the moment, because I'm lazy)

1) I don't think I have access to that information, I might look into it but I'm not sure the game tells me what part it originates from.

I think he just meant putting it in the style of:

You have produced the following science:

- Mystery Goo high in space above Minmus

<colourful numbers for funds, science, reputation like in toolbar>

- Material Lab high in space above Minmus

Earning you a total of:

rather than putting it as full sentences that split in lines variously depending on name of research.

Ippo did good, didn't he? :D

Hey Taowulf, loving the mod, I dropped the funds per point to 250 as I am doing contracts, but I am also having to pay for the entry cost after research is done...so this helps bunches.

I would thought like to make a suggestion or two. First, your notification, would it be possible to have a better breakdown? Like say the part that did the science, then under the part have Science listed in blue, Funds in Green, and Rep in Yellow so it is a little less wall of text? Second, a total amount would also be nice. So at the top or bottom have three lines Total Science, Total Funds, and Total Rep with the tallied amounts.

It is the little details that really help. :-) Keep up the excelent work.

• 1 month later...
this mod does nothing for me in 1.0.5

I bet they changed the API. Again. One day I'll rant about honoring version number conventions (namely, patch numbers aren't supposed to break the API).

I'll see to find some time to patch it in the following days (most likely this sunday).

well, it seems a have to booze till sunday, coz this great mod is mandatory for my career game, anyway I appreciate your response.

Well, I managed to make some time for this tonight, and found out that actually the API didn't break (sorry SQUAD, I've been rude).

So this should work with no changes in 1.0.5: could you let me have your log file somehow?

i don't know if it is related to this mod, but i am getting the following in my log:

[Exception]: MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'MessageSystem.AddMessage'.

i am getting money added for science, but no messages saying that i am getting money. everything else seems to be working well.

i have a log, what is the best way to upload it?

i don't know if it is related to this mod, but i am getting the following in my log:

[Exception]: MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'MessageSystem.AddMessage'.

i am getting money added for science, but no messages saying that i am getting money. everything else seems to be working well.

i have a log, what is the best way to upload it?

You can either upload it somewhere (onedrive, googledrive, dropbox...) or just email it to me at [email protected] .

It's weird because I can't replicate it on my install, I even deleted and re-downloaded a fresh copy from steam. Anyone else is seeing this problem?

You can either upload it somewhere (onedrive, googledrive, dropbox...) or just email it to me at [email protected] .

It's weird because I can't replicate it on my install, I even deleted and re-downloaded a fresh copy from steam. Anyone else is seeing this problem?

i'll send you the log when i get home. it could be an interaction with another mod, i do have a few mods installed :P

• 1 month later...
On 9/27/2015 at 5:19 AM, qm3ster said:

I think he just meant putting it in the style of:

You have produced the following science:

- Mystery Goo high in space above Minmus

- Material Lab high in space above Minmus

Earning you a total of:

rather than putting it as full sentences that split in lines variously depending on name of research.

Yep, that is about it.  This thought was based on the information that you get from Stage Recovery. That mod gives an itemized list of the parts, recovered and their costs and the amount recovered from the stage.  So I was curious if an implementation of something similar would be possible.

Edited by SyberSmoke

On 11/13/2015 at 0:17 AM, Ippo said:

Just confirming that v1.2.1 works in KSP 1.0.5, so I updated the tag on kerbalstuff.

If anybody has problems, please let me have the log and I'll look into it asap.

I'm not finding this to be the case, Ippo. I'm not sure where to get the log file for you, but after changing the options file to show every single message (just for t/s purposes), and watching my funding closely, I can assure you it is not working as intended. Not sure if it's a result of mod interactions or not - something I'll look into as I continue efforts, but since 1.0.5, this has not been providing the cash. If you can point me to the log file, I'll post it here as soon as able.

Edited by Shadriss

• 2 weeks later...

I am finding the same problem, it does not seem to be providing funds or rep upon science recovery, and no notifications for certain. I will edit this and provide a log later once I have one that I am sure has science recovery in.

@Shadriss if you are using Windows the log is under "Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data"  the file is called "output_log.txt"  The more data we can provide the better :)

EDIT: ok did some extensive testing. Funds ARE being given, but there is no messages being provided no matter how long nor how many experiments are transmitted.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qt3ws64py91phbk/output_log.txt?dl=0

Edited by JeffreyCor
add log

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Supplement. Contracts will still be available as usual, but with this they are not the only source of funds. This allows contracts to be more of a boost for extra funds rather than being a requirement. The amount this mod provides is also adjustable in the config file.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.