[1.1.2] [v1.3.0] Science Funding: career mode with no contracts! (2 may 2016)

Ippo

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/3/2016 at 1:53 AM, JeffreyCor said:

I put it on my dropbox in the meantime until Ippo has a chance to get this up over on Spacedock :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/44i2wyzgte7c02z/ScienceFunding.zip?dl=0

Hi guys,

I registered on spacedock and I uploaded it there :) Mind you, I haven't tested it under KSP 1.1, it's *exactly* the v1.2.1 zip as it was before. If anyone has any issues, let me know.

Cheers,

Ippo

On 4/22/2016 at 11:29 PM, Ippo said:

Hi guys,

I registered on spacedock and I uploaded it there :) Mind you, I haven't tested it under KSP 1.1, it's *exactly* the v1.2.1 zip as it was before. If anyone has any issues, let me know.

Cheers,

Ippo

This I was glad to see. Then I tried it, and nothing worked, so I came back to find...

On 4/22/2016 at 3:22 PM, Z-Key Aerospace said:

It needs the references updated to the new KSP1.1.0 ones.  Also add "using KSP.UI.Screens;" to the top of ScenarioInjector.cs

Then it works.

I'm running it here, I hate career mode without this thing.

... Which was great, except it wasn't something I understood. How exactly does one do this, or should I wait for @Ippo to take care of it?

Edited by Shadriss

This, of course, assumes you have the slightest clue as to how to do that. As many computer-related skills as I may have, coding and programming is the one I have the least (near-zero) experience in. Of course, the other possibility is that @Z-Key Aerospace posts a temporary link to the one he's running until Ippo gets around to it.

On 4/22/2016 at 3:22 PM, Z-Key Aerospace said:

It needs the references updated to the new KSP1.1.0 ones.  Also add "using KSP.UI.Screens;" to the top of ScenarioInjector.cs

Then it works.

I'm running it here, I hate career mode without this thing.

Don't suppose there is any chance of posting this as a fork or some such until Ippo does a full release? The lack of funding (and the hatred of Parts Testing) is killing me here. :)

EDIT: Just checked, and the license is public domain. Heck, if it works, there shouldn't be any issues with a repost or recompile done by a third party. If anyone has the knowledge... please?

Edited by Shadriss

I updated it on my rig and I'll be testing it shortly. If that works, I'll submit a pull request on Github with the fix and stick the DLL somewhere it can be grabbed until Ippo finalizes it.

EDIT: Temp upload https://www.dropbox.com/s/ehkd3ibnrr7tf4j/ScienceFunding-1.2.2%20TEST.zip?dl=0. I'll take this down as soon as I get word from Ippo.

Edited by johnqevil

3 hours ago, johnqevil said:

I updated it on my rig and I'll be testing it shortly. If that works, I'll submit a pull request on Github with the fix and stick the DLL somewhere it can be grabbed until Ippo finalizes it.

EDIT: Temp upload https://www.dropbox.com/s/ehkd3ibnrr7tf4j/ScienceFunding-1.2.2%20TEST.zip?dl=0. I'll take this down as soon as I get word from Ippo.

Oh man you rock!  Thanks so much for sparing my severely limited coding brain from trying to dive into this today.  I can comfortably fund myself and be content to live in my world of Cisco...:D

On 4/26/2016 at 9:16 AM, johnqevil said:

Much thanks.

Great mod ! I feel the same about contracts as it force you to do things to get money. IMO ksp is all about your own challenges.

Remember me a old mod in wich building rocket cost science. (!)
It was fun and very challenging with a cool gameplay loop (you needed to spend science to launch rockets to get more science) and was all about making profitable mission and effective designs.

Thanks to johnqevil, we now have the official 1.3.0 update :) A big round of applauses for him everyone, he has been working for you while I'm away doing silly things instead. Thank you!

P.S: how do I rep him on this new forum?

Edited by Ippo

I think it's done just by "like"ing a post. You do that, the rep number goes up. Thanks for an official posting, Ippo... stopgaps may work and work well, but it's still better to have the original author doing the work. Thanks again.

22 minutes ago, Ippo said:

Thanks to johnqevil, we now have the official 1.3.0 update :) A big round of applauses for him everyone, he has been working for you while I'm away doing silly things instead. Thank you!

P.S: how do I rep him on this new forum?

More than happy to help! Honestly, I just wanted to use the mod (loving it, btw) and figured that sharing it would be nice.

13 minutes ago, Shadriss said:

I think it's done just by "like"ing a post. You do that, the rep number goes up. Thanks for an official posting, Ippo... stopgaps may work and work well, but it's still better to have the original author doing the work. Thanks again.

I'll take this chance to remind everyone that this mod is public domain, should it ever be needed. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.