[1.1.2] [v1.3.0] Science Funding: career mode with no contracts! (2 may 2016)

Ippo

5 minutes ago, Shadriss said:

On a completely random-ish Off topic spin, Ippo - love the Bob Ross reference in your signature. :)

Uh... glad you like it, because apparently that's accidental too :P It was actually a pretty bitter comment I made after a squad announcement I didn't quite share (does anybody remember the "Gauntlets of Major Isp" period?). I should definitely remove it now, it's been long enough.

Does it include science from labs? I just sent science down from a lab (after processing for a long time) and there wasn't any message or anything. I'll check again (for some reason wasn't showing me the money aspect of it) and share those results later when I get a chance as well.

2 hours ago, HoveringKiller said:

Does it include science from labs? I just sent science down from a lab (after processing for a long time) and there wasn't any message or anything. I'll check again (for some reason wasn't showing me the money aspect of it) and share those results later when I get a chance as well.

I don't know if labs do something different. I hook to the OnScienceReceived event, so I guess the labs are not triggering it for some reason?

Edited by Ippo
typo

5 minutes ago, Ippo said:

I don't know if labs do something different. I hook to the OnScienceReceived event, so I guess the labs are no triggering it for some reason?

I guess they do, I just tried sending more down and didn't get anything. Perhaps because you don't get an actual report from it? Which kinda stinks becaue now I think they eat reports. Before you could process them and then return them to kerbin. Oh well further testing I shall do when I can. I have a craft en-route to duna so I'll try to finish that and harvest the science from there and get back to you. Thankfully contracts for entering atmosphere and planting flag will net me ~100k so that's a plus haha.

Keep the funds and science window open during a mission and transmit back any experiment that provides science. When it finishes transmitting if your finds go up, it's working. :) It's a quick and easy way to check the installation.

3 hours ago, Mr Betelgeuse said:

Strange, because I can't notice if I've been making any money, or just breaking even. I'll do a science mission, get some science, and come back with less money.

It won't work on science transmitted from science labs, only science actually recovered on kerbin. Not sure if there would be a way to fix it or something, I don't have much experience in coding.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Syczek said:

Not working for me:(

Edit it seems to work but with big delay.Anyone knows what mods interfere with this mod

If you mean the notification that is working as you should. You are not supposed to get the notice immediately. Open the window to show your current science, funds and reputation. While it is open transmit a report that has some science value. You should see the funds increase upon transmission.

15 hours ago, JeffreyCor said:

If you mean the notification that is working as you should. You are not supposed to get the notice immediately. Open the window to show your current science, funds and reputation. While it is open transmit a report that has some science value. You should see the funds increase upon transmission.

It works as u describe but sometimes works not.Sometime i send a science and nothing happens,sometimes works as intended

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok, this is the mod which gives $ for science points. Does anyone know a mod that makes parts in career unlock with funds, rather than science?

Together this would make career playable without need to hunt science points, but by just doing contracts.

You could use KerbalScienceExchange from KerboKatz SmallUtilities to buy science points from funds. This would allow you to bypass collecting science if you wanted to in favor of performing funds contracts. Equivalent to outsourcing your science production :)

• 1 month later...

I've just about had it with waiting, and since I finally had the opportunity to set up a Visual Studio 2017 environment, I gave this a shot myself. Turns out updating the references and a recompile was all it took.

Here you go: ScienceFunding-v1.3.1 for KSP 1.2.2

I'll take a look at BROKE next, though that one will take a bit more work.

Edited by MaxRebo

• 1 month later...
On 13/12/2016 at 4:38 AM, MaxRebo said:

I've just about had it with waiting, and since I finally had the opportunity to set up a Visual Studio 2017 environment, I gave this a shot myself. Turns out updating the references and a recompile was all it took.

Here you go: ScienceFunding-v1.3.1 for KSP 1.2.2

I'll take a look at BROKE next, though that one will take a bit more work.

You're my hero! You should start a new post with your "revisited" mod :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.