[1.05] MovieTime v0.5 (May 7) - Olde Timey Movie and TV Effects

bernierm

It's awesome! Although, I have a bug: when I relaunch KSP, the mod goes PUFF and gets broken, which can be cured by removing that XML file.

A small video with this mod I've made for Tantares mod:

Yup, specifically, it's the <Top> and <Left> settings that need to be removed. I'm fixing it right now. Nice video!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I've tried installing this mod but it does not work, the GUI button does not show up :( Any suggestions?

You aren't seeing the button on the top-right tool bar (ie, the 'film' button just to the left of the gas can)?

Which version of KSP, which OS, and what bit-ness (32 or 64)? Steam version or regular?

Can you look at the debug log (ALT+F12, then click Debug Log) and see if there are any 'MovieTime' messages?

• 3 months later...

If you edit the MovieTime.xml and change the lines that look like the following:

<SettingsWindow>False</SettingsWindow>

so that the text "False" is "True", instead, the settings window for MT pops up in various screens and you can enable/disable the effects there. So, for the good news: MovieTime still works in 1.0+. However, something isn't allowing it to connect to the toolbar. Looking at the source in git, I reckon that these lines in MovieTime.cs are the culprit:

40: appButton = ApplicationLauncher.Instance.AddModApplication(OnAppButtonToggleOn, OnAppButtonToggleOff,

41: () => { }, () => { }, () => { }, () => { }, ApplicationLauncher.AppScenes.ALWAYS, buttonTexture);

If I weren't so busy, I'd figure out how to set up a dev environment to compile mod DLLs and work it out, but someone else will have to. At least they don't have too much to fix!

Orrrr, bernierm, come back and sort us out. This is a fantastic mod!

So I made myself into a liar. I took bernierm's git source and edited it so that it would add the buttons to the 1.0+ toolbars. When bernierm pops back around, I'll delete all of the following, but for now ... (btw, this has only been tested [briefly] on KSP 1.02 running on Win7)

KerbalStuff: https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/751/MovieTime%20QuickFix

Git Repository: https://github.com/samtsurly/MovieTime

Sorry about the delay guys, a foul temptress called "Cities: Skylines" has stolen my attention for the last few weeks, so I haven't even gotten around to checking the forum to see if MT when off the rails on v1 (which it sounds like it did). To be honest, I was like "I'll wait until until they've pushed out a few patches before I check it out", but really it was "just one more block of residential, then I'll stop."

So I promise that I'll have a look at it tonight and try to figure out why the toolbar went MIA.

Out of curiosity, has anyone seen other mods go bad in the same way? I most likely stole the toolbar code from somewhere else, so I can probably steal the fix as well (unless sapienza has fixed it for me, then I'll just roll that right on in!).

Edited by bernierm

Good news everyone! The mystery of the disappearing toolbar button has been solved, the event that I used to use to create the button no longer fires, so I moved the creation to another location. And back to my mistress I go...

Good news everyone! The mystery of the disappearing toolbar button has been solved, the event that I used to use to create the button no longer fires, so I moved the creation to another location. And back to my mistress I go...

Excellent! Thanks for the work. I'll pull down the git and KerbalStuff quickfix stuff I did so no one gets confused.

• 2 months later...

Was this fix committed to Github?

Latest version on Github is 0.4.0

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/3/2016 at 1:39 PM, John The Physicist said:

So what is the status of this mod? Making a Sputnik 3 and Explorer 1 film seems to need this, to be ,immersive I suppose. Love this mod btw

On 6/16/2016 at 1:01 AM, Weeaspoo said:

Hope this mod get's updated, I use it for all of my screenshots ;.;

Thanks for the comments. When 1.02 came out, I looked into what I needed to do to upgrade it. Unfortunately, the upgrade to Unity 5 zapped some of the classes I was using, and I haven't found any documentation on replacements. I looked at a few of the add-ins that I had 'borrowed' code from, most of them haven't been updated either. I don't know if the new Unity makes some things impossible or the developers have just moved on (I went back to JC3 for a break).

Anyhow, it's in GitHub, if anyone sees find even a hint of what I need to do, let me know.

• 1 month later...
On 7/19/2016 at 5:33 PM, bernierm said:

Thanks for the comments. When 1.02 came out, I looked into what I needed to do to upgrade it. Unfortunately, the upgrade to Unity 5 zapped some of the classes I was using, and I haven't found any documentation on replacements. I looked at a few of the add-ins that I had 'borrowed' code from, most of them haven't been updated either. I don't know if the new Unity makes some things impossible or the developers have just moved on (I went back to JC3 for a break).

Anyhow, it's in GitHub, if anyone sees find even a hint of what I need to do, let me know.

Man this is such a great mod, I wish you or someone else luck in finding out what to do to get it working again. :D

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.