KSP 0.90 'Beta Than Ever' Grand Discussion Thread!

KasperVld

So I install KSP 0.90.0 All excited about everything, then realize something... The administration building is still unbalanced. I was sure it would have been fixed this time around. It disappointed me immediately. Cmon squad, I'm tired of tweaking this stuff myself! *grumble* reset cfg to 10%.. again!

PS: I don't want to hear "Then don't use it!" .. That's completely asinine. Why add a feature to a game that the average *non-cheating* user can't use without fixing it!??

beta's meant for game balancing, bug fixing, content filling and polishing. now that the game's core-complete you'll see it all tweaked soon enough i'm sure.

Just played, computer overheated and crashed.

AWESOME!

(to clarify, it's nothing to do with the update, my computers been having heat problems lately)

Initial thoughts:

whoaaa upgradable buildings are cool

whoaaa the scenes actually change with different upgrade levels

whoaaa editor gizmos

whoaaa kerbal engineer without a TWR and delta-V readout

whoaaa SPACE.

I actually like the dull cyan and dirt launchpad/runway scheme for tier one buildings :sticktongue:

Thanks for the note

If you start a new 0.90 Career game under x64/windows, all your KSC facilities automagically start at L3

If you start your game under x86/32bit and then switch to x64, all your KSC facilities are automagically upgraded to L3 on load

Also, will add that even you facilities are LVL3, max wheigth is still 18t.

Anyone knows if there's gonna be a hotfix or we should wait till next train for functional w64 campaign?

(I guess I'm should go ta a Linux partition only to play kerb)

Thank you for ruining the career mode for me. I don't want to fly a crappy flight simulator, I want to build rockets, but career mode gave me goals to achieve. Now I have to try and fly over specific points. Sounds like it's time to figure out how to fly a crappy flight simulator now.....

How do you change symmetry mode? I feel like the symmetry logic as a whole has taken a step backwards, everything else is incredible.

'R' if I recall from the videos.

Thank you.

EDIT: I think F may solve m other complaint.

Edited by Spartwo

Thank you for ruining the career mode for me. I don't want to fly a crappy flight simulator, I want to build rockets, but career mode gave me goals to achieve. Now I have to try and fly over specific points. Sounds like it's time to figure out how to fly a crappy flight simulator now.....

Squad has said that they'll be overhauling the aerodynamics in a future build. Be patient :)

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but it seems some swimming animations have been added. When you regain control after going ragdoll in the water, your kerbal flails his arms a bit to turn him upright. Also, the swimming animation seems to be new, but I can't confirm that.

Speaking as an engineer, I think Flight Engineers need more to do (I'd love to see incremental damage to certain parts implemented, for example, maybe solar panel efficiency could degrade over time, fuel tanks could spring leaks if you bump them or subject them to too high a G force, or engines could lose thrust or ISP if you overheat them, instead of going straight from fine -> exploded, then engineers could fix that damage)

Squad has said that they'll be overhauling the aerodynamics in a future build. Be patient :)

So for now I just build little rockets over and over again to test one or two parts at a time to raise enough money to upgrade the VAB AND the Launch Pad...

Initial thought: This is pretty awesome! Admittedly I'm behind on this update, I purposely kept myself pretty much in the dark about it ever since it was announced. I wanted to look at it with fresh eyes instead of a bunch of expectations of what this or that feature will be like. (I tend to pick out one or two things and convince myself that it's going to ruin the game for me).

It feels a lot more fleshed out. The new limitations feel logical and the graphics look freshened. I haven't built anything big enough to see if there have been any optimizations, but I can hope :) So far so good...

I do get an occasional screen flash that shows my Windows taskbar, but it's always while loading a menu or something and it hasn't dropped me to the desktop yet. It could just be my graphics driver acting funny, wouldn't be the first time. Just wanted to throw it out there in case anyone else saw it too (W32 release). Anyway, back to the game!

How do you change symmetry mode? I feel like the symmetry logic as a whole has taken a step backwards, everything else is incredible.

Thank you.

'R' if I recall from the videos.

R, F, & X now change up the symmetry modes. Give them all a try. :D

Cheers,

~Claw

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.