KSP 0.90 'Beta Than Ever' Grand Discussion Thread!

KasperVld

I'm not sure but by power could they mean a solar panel?

Yes, they do. It took me a while to figure this out, but in addition to a battery you need a solar panel as well. I'm surprised it got through QA, it was also an issue in the Fine Print mod.

Edited by GTC

These new missions really surprised me. There's such a huge range of missions now - put a satellite in a certain orbit, do a series of tests on this or that planetary body, put a station in orbit around X planet... they really add a lot to the game.

I have no idea why they changed the editor in the first place.

Symetry (mirror/radial) doesn't work as before. Both modes often switch without any efford on my part, strouts point into the wrong direction and so on. Very Annoying.

Seriously, it worked much better before with Editor extension mod.

It's funny how such a small change can ruin the whole game.

I have no idea why they changed the editor in the first place.

Symetry (mirror/radial) doesn't work as before. Both modes often switch without any efford on my part, strouts point into the wrong direction and so on. Very Annoying.

Seriously, it worked much better before with Editor extension mod.

It's funny how such a small change can ruin the whole game.

Explain? I haven't seen a difference.

If you are running KSP in full screen mode, and tab away for any reason to attempt to do something while it loads, it doesnt actually load until its the active program again. Running it in fullscreen-windowed or just windowed mode bypasses this.

Ahh I mis-understood. I have a dedicated computer just for gaming so it runs everything fullscreen and I never alt-tab out.

Just because a survey mission is offered in your early rocketry era before flight tech stuff is unlocked.... doesn't mean you have to take it ;)

Someone else (not saying ME) may not mind the expense or challenge of landing on target, in a rocket / ballistic trajectory survey.

Is it just me or does the tech tree seem to be ordered completely wrong. I'm often getting parts that I can't use at all (granted some of these parts are from mods). I'm getting space plane parts before I've even gotten the landing gear for a plane.:huh:

One of the things I love about KSP is the way it encourages innovation... I usually land planes using parachutes anyway, it tends to be safer =P... Before getting landing gear using angled launch clamps, and maybe some srbs on the engines should work... Some sort of vto would probably work too I guess, but that'd probably be trickier =P

Explain? I haven't seen a difference.

If you don't believe me, please try to build something in SPH and add strouts or fuel lines in symetry mode, or anything else in symetry mode. (pre 0.90.0 + Editor extension was WAY better IMO)

Also the game keeps crashing all the time. And no, i haven't installed ANY mods by now.

It's already annoying that with every new version all mods need to be updated and all previous savegames/mods become useless.

Personally i'll stay with 0.24 for the next months, at least the game didn't crash every 15 minutes.

i started a new career with the NORMAL difficult... i removed the checks by "respawn" and "auto hire"... but i forget to remove the check that i have to buy all the parts after unlocking. i didn't notices that you don't have to buy the parts after unlocking in NORMAL difficult.. but now i'm happy about it... its WAY diffucult as the career before... the lack of SAS in the vessels is a real problem for me... i want to level up bob and bill but it's not possible... the inline stabalizers are not recognized as SAS and so i have to wait until i unlock the big SAS part... thats a little bit annoying... but i have to wait (also for the 3 man pod). until then jeb will be the only kerbal in space... but he has his max level for the facility... i have to upgrade... but i'm low on money... argh :D difficult but interesting... probably i will also start a science career (my favourite mode - glad it remains in the game).

but the new editor is AWESOME!

Start out with a command pod mk1, then attach a z1k battery pack to the bottom. It snaps funny. It lets you snap it normally and then up farther then it's supposed to go.

Like it snaps in 2 places. I don't know where to report this as a bug.

Ow9DP3H.png

I'm trying to do an orbit mission, the precision requested is only "reasonable" yet despite my apo and periapsis being within 100 meters of the requested values apparently it's not precise enough. I haven't upgraded to patched conics yet so I can't get the other values exactly, but you can see my apoapsis overlapping the target apoapsis quite nicely. I feel those orbital contacts are much too strict.

I guess updates are nice, but I don't think the dev team is prioritizing correctly. There's still no native Load on Demand support and 64bit is still... broken. The base game without mods is pretty boring. One can only load so many mods into the 32bit client. Someone made a LoD mod, but it has a few bugs and hasn't been updated in forever. This should become a priority for Squad in my opinion. KSC upgrades are nice but not really in high demand or very useful.

The problem is every time they update the program it breaks all of the mods and you don't get the chance to back out. You just lose all of the ships you have in orbit or where-ever. This made me quit in the past. I just came back to the exact same issue. it's a shame because the program is pretty cool, but without any mods it lacks.

Edit: I thought about this all day yesterday when I wrote this. If I were the dev's, I'd be more concerned with my code's upgrade then if any mods would have to be updated.

I wrote a nice backup system, and later tonight I'll post all my steps and code in case someone else needs it.

Edited by Gary_P

http://i.imgur.com/Ow9DP3H.png

I'm trying to do an orbit mission, the precision requested is only "reasonable" yet despite my apo and periapsis being within 100 meters of the requested values apparently it's not precise enough. I haven't upgraded to patched conics yet so I can't get the other values exactly, but you can see my apoapsis overlapping the target apoapsis quite nicely. I feel those orbital contacts are much too strict.

Forgive me if this is an obvious question, but are you orbiting in the right direction?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.