KSP 0.90 'Beta Than Ever' Grand Discussion Thread!

KasperVld

hay Everyone . . .

Iam play KSP almost 2 year . My unfinish project is "Rapier Supersonic Prototype" . Some medium size aircraft with 214 componen in it , really fast ,perfect hending, with 6 booster b9 . .

but i have some trouble with it .

My FPS is really bad , , before i can run in normal fps in hangar (60-120 FPS)

But after update 0.90 my FPS is just 5-8 FPS . .

did somebody have solution for me???

Please . . ;.;;.;;.;;.;

0.90 reminds me of good old times when no maneuver nodes were implemented and we watched for munrise to start transfer at right time. However, now i don't see any fun in doing lots of stupid work to grind enough funds to upgrade buildings to unlock basic things that required for real play. What sense to fly to the Mun, if you can't even put a flag and take a soil sample? This is spirit of mun (moon) flights! Such innovations just disappointing.

Well i'm nere to say THANKS SQUAD, after 2 years of using mechjeb i finally returned on doing all by hand and even without manouever nodes, this kind of old challenge finally re-give full interest in this game

BTW It would be nice to have stock capsule for two kerbals, so we can send one kerbonaut with pilot skills like Jeb, and one with science knowledge

Ehm what? You mean like the MK2 Lander Can, or the MK2 CockPit, or the MK2 Inline CockPit?.. What else can you want?

okay, firstly: KSP runs sooooo smooth since the update. okay, I immediately set the "Oceans" to 3 and run on low graphics, but still the game seems to be much better performance wise.

then: oh man, what a blast I had on my first rescue mission. Didn't upgrade my tracking station, so I had to do it all hands on.

hay Everyone . . .

Iam play KSP almost 2 year . My unfinish project is "Rapier Supersonic Prototype" . Some medium size aircraft with 214 componen in it , really fast ,perfect hending, with 6 booster b9 . .

but i have some trouble with it .

My FPS is really bad , , before i can run in normal fps in hangar (60-120 FPS)

But after update 0.90 my FPS is just 5-8 FPS . .

did somebody have solution for me???

Please . . ;.;;.;;.;;.;

Anything above 200 part count is going to start eating in to your FPS, badly. This is a long-running flaw with the game. You have several options: 1.) Build a smaller ship with less parts, 2.) Invest in a haswell-core CPU (Intel, search into it) which seem to be the best for KSP, or get a slightly faster computer in general. My machines don't drop below 60 FPS launching unless I get in the 400+ part count region.

I've never use the QBE before. I know this because when I used it now (because it was the best probe I had that could hold a straight line while a non-pilot was on board) I tried to attach it radially :D

Same there. And now all my favourite ships are getting QBE clipped gizmoed into cockpit :D

Same there. And now all my favourite ships are getting QBE clipped gizmoed into cockpit :D
Incidentally, the probe cores have all been changed around. For example the QBE is now the lightest core at 0.03 t, and is still robust, but it has no reaction wheel at all and only a 1 Ec battery.

It means the QBE no longer balances the RTG :( but all round it means you'll have to think more about what probe core you use.

Beautiful work, Squad! This update is excellent!

As others have said, we actually have a game now. I love having to plan and consider many factors when choosing contracts. Currency now has much more value, forcing me to decide whether I can afford to upgrade a facility and still afford to build the rocket for the next mission I want to do. The new contracts from the Fine Print mod are a great addition and definitely a step in the right direction. The contract system still needs to be fleshed out with much more content, but the new content is exactly what I was hoping for - new, interesting challenges that can earn me science and funds.

The editor upgrades are revolutionary! I am enjoying the build process more than ever. Kudos to HarvesteR!

Kerbal experience is very exciting! This is a very necessary gameplay element for me. Up until now, the Kerbals were just (cute) placeholders, but now they are worth protecting. I'm playing normal mode for my first career in 0.90, but I'm looking forward to playing without the ability to revert. I will be building launch escape systems into every manned craft.

I can't wait until more skills are added. Perhaps a specific level of engineer skill should be necessary to pump fuel or electricity from one part to another. Maybe an engineer is required to unfold a solar panel if the electricity runs out.

Scientist skill could be required to remove and transfer science data from an experiment or a pod.

Maybe having a scientist or an engineer on board would allow you to have TWR, or delta-v info displayed. The possibilities are exciting and endless!

The building upgrades could include things like the gizmos or symmetry switching not being available until a certain tier is unlocked at the VAB or SPH. Maybe discovery/display of the other planets could depend on upgrading R&D and/or the Tracking Station.

Anyway, to everyone who has worked on this project, CONGRATULATIONS!

Thanks again Squad!

So how does the re-root tools works exactly? Why it needs two steps to re-root?

The first step says "select a set of two or more parts to attach", I found it works like "just click anywhere on your vessel"

Then it says "select a part attach to" or something like that, I found it works like "select your new root part"

The absolute/local symmetry is not working as intended

Absolute mode:

ibvnfT3cunbMgm.jpg

Local mode:

It's obviously and exactly the same

ibtUG3hi9hIv3w.jpg

What local mode should be like in my mind:

ij1I1i0GCHTLs.jpg

It seems the reason the building upgrades seem a bit unbalance is because squad has delayed the 1st tier barn. The plan had for 4 stages of building development, not 3, so removing a building stage has had it's obvious problems. Personally I really liked the barn, whether or not it was ready design-wise. Hopefully squad will have the barn ready next update so that it satisfies most everyone.

Also, I'm not finding the contracts too grindy for funds on normal. I even adjusted my settings to make R@D research cost money and made my starting funds very low. Even with that, it only takes a couple contracts to have enough money for my missions. But, that's just me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.