KSP 0.90 'Beta Than Ever' Grand Discussion Thread!

KasperVld

So I got a fancy wireless keyboard for Christmas, meaning now I have a numpad with which to make use of the secret numpad enter command that switches the camera view in IVA to look backward at the Kerbal.

Except it doesn't work for some reason! Does anyone know if maybe I have the wrong key combination or if SQUAD removed this feature?

So I got a fancy wireless keyboard for Christmas, meaning now I have a numpad with which to make use of the secret numpad enter command that switches the camera view in IVA to look backward at the Kerbal.

Except it doesn't work for some reason! Does anyone know if maybe I have the wrong key combination or if SQUAD removed this feature?

I was never aware of this feature, what is/was it?

Would be nice if it just defaulted to putting a pilot in the cockpit if there is only 1 seat.

Bill sneaking in just cost me 10k lol.

EDIT: I wonder if that problem is now solved since I dragged Luster to the top of my list. Lets see.

EDIT 2: It would appear so! No more Bill trying to sneak aboard!

...the hell, you can DRAG THEM??

Now this and the post about taxing your plane and taking off from the perfectly smooth grass beside the crappy runway, and I feel really, really, really dumb.

I have not been part of KSP, truely, since .19, and I must say upon returning(I was in the hospital and recovery) that I AM AMAZED. So much stuff has been added, I must certainly say that I feel that the 14.99 I paid a long time ago, does not feel like enough to pay for this grand piece of work. THANK YOU!!!

EDIT: Could someone please offer me a good mod list for an interstellar traveler, ;)

Edited by darqen27

I've had some fairly exciting times with 0.90. I started a new career as I always do when a new patch is out. The upgradeable buildings really contributes in making a game out of KSP. I really enjoyed making difficult decisions on mission parameters to stay within restrictions. Until reaching tier 2. Tier 1 is really about scraping by, once you reach T2 you got everything you need and more and the pressure and excitement is gone.

KSP has always had a bit of a problem with the end game for me, but I see no reason for the building upgrading to become irrelevant so quickly. I basically think there should more building upgrades, like 15 instead of 3 tiers for launch pad and assembly buildings, so that you get more granularity than really tight/more than enough/literally more than any computer can handle.

An example: I was building a rocket in the T1 assembly building, and my part count went up to 32. Over the limit, fair enough. I had to remove something. But to upgrade the building, I needed hundreds of thousands credits and when I did, I got 255 as the new max limit. Right then and there I needed the limit raised by like 5 parts, not 225.

It is not a request for more grind either but for more rewarding grind, instead of the long term goal of grinding millions to get that thing you're never going to think about again once you get it, you get short term goal of just getting enough capacity to barely do what you're trying to do for the moment and the next ting is probably going to require further investment.

Edited by gronank

I actually hope it isn't for a while. It sounds from the various dev notes that it'll make KSP into practically a whole new game (kinda like adding planets, planes, or save games did way back when), and I'd like to actually FINISH my Jool-5 mission for a change before the new patch makes everything obsolete.

TAKE YOUR TIME, SQUAD! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a note to everyone.

Ship Manifest version 0.90.0_4.1.0a now contains the ability to rename Kerbals and manage Skills (Pilot, Engineer, Scientist). Thanks to an idea by 5thHorseman and a suggestion by badpandabear, I was able to provide a means to both rename a kerbal and change or maintain their skill.

Check it out. Note that it adds non printing chars (ascii 1s) to the name to alter the hash or method used to assign the profession to accomplish it. these characters do not show up in display and do not seem to affect anything in game, based on 5thHorsemans testing.

I suggest backing up your save game "just to be safe" ,but I've been using it with no issues. In the mod, Kerbal renaming is off by default. To use it, turn on Kerbal renaming and profession management in Settings. check out the last several pages of the SM thread for more details on the solution.

Edited by Papa_Joe

why cant I save games

To answer that question, you will need to provide a bit of info.

1. What folder is your KSP installed?

2. What Os are you running?

3. Are you running the 64 Bit version?

4. Do you have it correctly installed?

Provide some detail, and possibly it can be answered. Finally, this post should probably be in the Support forum...

Hope that helps!

• 3 weeks later...
Engineers should be able to fix solar panels as well.

Dunno, depends what's happened to them. If they've been opened in atmosphere and torn away or smacked into during docking? No way, those parts are gone. But if they've been damaged while closed...maybe

• 2 weeks later...

It is not a request for more grind either but for more rewarding grind, instead of the long term goal of grinding millions to get that thing you're never going to think about again once you get it, you get short term goal of just getting enough capacity to barely do what you're trying to do for the moment and the next ting is probably going to require further investment.

Couldn't agree more. The jump is huge and the challenge diminished. The early game is the most rewarding. I don't know how fast you are supposed to be able to reach maximum KSC site upgrades but on second run through did it in under 50 flights for 114 contracts. Seems a tad early to me. There are plenty of challenges to go but not as rewarding as that early, "seat of the pants", "just enough to get there" and "have to get it just right" regime.

Still a very rewarding, thoroughly enjoyable and almost addictive game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.