KSP 0.90 'Beta Than Ever' Grand Discussion Thread!

KasperVld

Ran into a mission "take a crew report above 18,900 feet near Bill's Ascent." I'm guessing Bill's Ascent is 1 - a new biome, or 2 - Bill has to be onboard. There isn't really any further information, and my ship wasn't stable enough to fly without Jebediah.

2 contracts at a time, and if you orbit before you can take your contract (such as pickup a Launchpad and the 11k) you lose the exploration contract completely. That's just not cool. Be very accurate with your contracts.

Actually in 0.25 if you performed a contract that exceeds another's goals (e.g. a higher altitude before a lower) and did not select it, it always disappeared then too.

You only notice it now, perhaps, because of the enforced initial limit.

tl;dr - always important to check contracts as you start various launches, or advantageous sequencing can be lost. :)

Ran into a mission "take a crew report above 18,900 feet near Bill's Ascent." I'm guessing Bill's Ascent is 1 - a new biome, or 2 - Bill has to be onboard. There isn't really any further information, and my ship wasn't stable enough to fly without Jebediah.

Try checking the waypoint in the tracking station. The new contracts generate random names, so I think that's what you have there. Rather than a contract that specifies taking Bill for a ride.

Cheers,

~Claw

Flights, flybys, orbits, landings, and planting flags are the ones I remember off the top of my head. Kerbin is slightly more restrictive, simply because it's right there.

You can only log one of those per body per flight though (but multiple bodies per flight), and can earn each one only once... So plan accordingly. :D

Cheers

~Claw

So... I can't get a level 2 kerbal before reaching mun or minmus?

That sounds like a survey mission. Doesn't matter who you take - it's simply the location name, "Bill's Ascent". There are many many more contracts now, including many more contract types. If you look in Mission Control you should be able to see location markers.

I won't spoil what may be offered to you going forward.

I haven't been able to find this anywhere else. Can someone give me an explanation on how Engineer Kerbals 'fix' things? Do they break like in the 'Dang It" Mod? Or is it if something crashes and breaks off?

The latter. Like blown tires, repacking parachutes, repairing broken landing legs, etc.

First thing I did:

http://i.minus.com/j910Z8IZ6ZCPP.png

:P I call it The Amazingly Impractical And Huge Stupid Looking Rover With Equally Stupid And Long Name. I'm extremely tired today but I had to at least download and take a quick peek at it! :) Looks excellent, can't wait to play around a little more seriously.

That's awesome! I can't wait to see what wierd and wonderful creations I can make with all the new parts!

Terribly confusing name for your first contract of this type, but check the tracking station for some clues on where to find the LOCATION named "Bill's Ascent"

That's good to hear. The problem with Win 64-bit career mode is that the building models show up fully upgraded, even though the rest of the game thinks they are at Tier 1. So there's no way to upgrade them, and you're stuck with the Tier 1 limits. Makes it very hard to progress.

Cheers,

~Claw

Oh XD

My 64 bit is still 0.25 so non-issue for now. And since I'm doing Kerbal 365 as a sandbox save, double non-issue.

Took me couple of hours of try and re-try, but finally... This is going to take a while. :(

2hwpe7t.png

I was wondering... have you guys thought about torrents? Some games I tried used this. You download a program which is just a specially tailored torrent client, and then it hooks you with SQUAD's servers or other peoples computers alas traditional torrent (but controlled be the company of course). It really speeds things up.

Awesome. Outsourced R&D is still borked for the ratios, but Hard is now... HARD.

Not sure I'm a big fan of Suicide Kerbal in orbit and no targeting however. Incredibly hard to maneuver by eyeball for a docking solution. Does 'set a target' come along for the ride with 'create a maneuver node'?

RE: Torrents. That model only works when there's a secondary login, elsewise you just gave the game away for free.

its been a white knuckle ride these past few days, i felt sure it was gonna happen before xmas, but the amount of cool stuff they have put in for the beta than ever version really couldn't have done a better job of denying my wife and kids of my presence (but not my presents)....gasp god thats a long sentence.

anybody else's fams going to be ksp widows and orphans this yuletide?

I mentioned this in the suggestions forum, but it seems to me that the building upgrade prices are about 10 times too high for a "normal" player. It's also mystifying that there's no slider to control building upgrade prices on the Difficulty screen. That aside, this update seems pretty solid.

It's also mystifying that there's no slider to control building upgrade prices on the Difficulty screen.

That might be because you can already control the contract rewards. Having a slider for building upgrade costs might be redundant. Although I see your point because upping contract rewards also impacts parts and R&D purchases.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.