Our globe viewed from suborbital space flight

VincentMcConnell

Nice to see someone appreciates the new view of Kerbin as I do. I launched plenty of rockets off of Kerbin with the old render, yet for some reason when the new one came, I suddenly noticed the horizon and the curve of Kerbin when I got high enough. It really is a beautiful sight.

Nice to see someone appreciates the new view of Kerbin as I do. I launched plenty of rockets off of Kerbin with the old render, yet for some reason when the new one came, I suddenly noticed the horizon and the curve of Kerbin when I got high enough. It really is a beautiful sight.

Can you imagine how great it will look when clouds and weather is added? Hopefully they\'ll also had large tan deserts and make it more and more like the photos you see from the ISS. If Kerbin ever looks like that, I\'m going to completely forget about the Mun.

Someday I hope to see the Earth from space, but becoming an astronaut will take years and years of hard work. I just really hope I have the motivation to do it.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Can you imagine how great it will look when clouds and weather is added? Hopefully they\'ll also had large tan deserts and make it more and more like the photos you see from the ISS. If Kerbin ever looks like that, I\'m going to completely forget about the Mun.

Someday I hope to see the Earth from space, but becoming an astronaut will take years and years of hard work. I just really hope I have the motivation to do it.

Anouther reason for me to not go to the mun... EVERYONE IS CONSPIRING AGAINST ME.

EDIT : Isn\'t pulling a shepard golfing on the moon?

Anouther reason for me to not go to the mun... EVERYONE IS CONSPIRING AGAINST ME.

EDIT : Isn\'t pulling a shepard golfing on the moon?

You won\'t go to the moon because you can\'t YET and you don\'t want to fail so you won\'t try. I was the same way. But keep at it. Do not give up.

You want motivation?

Get yourself a Command Module and make your first free return trajectory around the mun. It\'s simple. 100KM orbit. Burn at Munrise to increase your Apokee to 14,000KM (very high free return.) Now sit there and wait to return. Circumlunar flight is very important on your way to becoming a munar Kerbalnaut.

I\'ve been playing the free version, and that image he posted... looks exactly the same.

As for anyone trying to get to the moon, keep at it! I finally smeared a lander going 75 m/s across the face of the mun not an hour ago, and it was immensely satisfying. Next time I won\'t use so much fuel goofing off.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

You won\'t go to the moon because you can\'t YET and you don\'t want to fail so you won\'t try. I was the same way. But keep at it. Do not give up.

You want motivation?

Get yourself a Command Module and make your first free return trajectory around the mun. It\'s simple. 100KM orbit. Burn at Munrise to increase your Apokee to 14,000KM (very high free return.) Now sit there and wait to return. Circumlunar flight is very important on your way to becoming a munar Kerbalnaut.

I listen to kennedys speach every month or so. I have the modevation to go, but don\'t want to, as direct ascent isn\'t for me (I have orbited the mun though).

I\'m just curious as to what your purpose for these threads are, Vince. The images aren\'t special in any way, shape, or form - besides it being you who pressed F1 - to anything all of us don\'t see every time we play. Are you bolstering your post count? Do you actually believe these threads to be special enough to be worth making? Do you realise there are already threads for this kind of dross?

I\'m just curious as to what your purpose for these threads are, Vince. The images aren\'t special in any way, shape, or form - besides it being you who pressed F1 - to anything all of us don\'t see every time we play. Are you bolstering your post count? Do you actually believe these threads to be special enough to be worth making? Do you realise there are already threads for this kind of dross?

Nope. Just sharing images I\'ve taken through KSP. I post most of them through the Venku thing. Now... Calm down.

-EDIT-

FYI: I don\'t care about my post count. I\'m not even sure how many I have. I think 4-- something.

--EDIT--

Notice how nobody else seems to care except you? Now why is that? Because most people don\'t get angry about a simple harmless post showing Kerbin from space. If it *really* bothers you THAT MUCH, just don\'t post on it.

I would have to agree with SmiteZero. It seems to us that all you\'re trying to accomplish in threads like this is to receive attention.

Instead of posting threads that have a 'look what I can do' vibe to them, start a discussion related to your accomplishments. Maybe ask an open-ended question.

I admire your passion for this game. I think you need to express it in different ways.