Waffles vs french toast! Who will win.

ac30fspad35

waffles or french toast  

100 members have voted

1. 1. waffles or french toast

I'm a waffle guy myself, although I wind up making French toast a lot because it is my 4-year-old daughter's favorite.

I don't even know these "French toast" you are talking about to be honest ^^

Pain perdu, we eat it for breakfast in America.

You're not talking about corn syrup with some bullsh*t artificial flavoring in it, are you?

No, of course not.

There's "syrup", which is made from maple sap, and there's "stuff-that-should-never-be-poured-on-french-toast". I've heard the second one in made from corn. ;)

No, of course not.

There's "syrup", which is made from maple sap, and there's "stuff-that-should-never-be-poured-on-french-toast". I've heard the second one in made from corn. ;)

Nothing else compares to "real" Maple syrup. I've a friend who lives in Maine, taps her own sugar Maples in her yard and boils down her own... talk about good stuff!

Between the two, waffles. Because... they're waffles!

Our house actually prefers pancakes, mainly because a) they're easier to make without having to buy, store, and clean uniquely-dedicated hardware, and B) we have some really awesome pancake recipes.

A more difficult choice for me would be pancakes vs. Belgian waffles. Oh, god, Belfian waffles... That sweet, crispy goodness (no matter what you put on top!) is nigh-unparalleled.

french toast is superior.

i tend to frown on things that require special purpose cooking gadgets to make. where as my electric griddle can make many things (some of those things are bacon), such as french toast (and bacon). pancakes are a thing i make when i dont have the stuff to make french toast (which is also superior to regular toast).

the only thing more superior to french toast is bacon.

i dont use syrup.

Edited by Nuke

French toast, (regular) bacon, with real maple syrup. (Canada, eh?)

I hear nice maple syrup is nigh impossible to get down in the lower parts of the U.S. :(

Waffles are nice, but if you cut them too small you lose the "that one bite with a ton of butter and syrup" effect. Cut them too large and you'll regret taking that bite.

Meanwhile, french toast just absorbs everything, so you don't have to worry about all that. :D

Advantage, french toast.

Edited by Norpo
clarified that it's "regular" bacon not canadian bacon

I hear nice maple syrup is nigh impossible to get down in the lower parts of the U.S.

We can get the stuff down here, but it's expensive. The artificially flavored cane/corn muck they tend to eat around here not only tastes bad, but it gives me a headache.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.