Waffles vs french toast! Who will win.

ac30fspad35

waffles or french toast  

100 members have voted

1. 1. waffles or french toast

We can get the stuff down here, but it's expensive. The artificially flavored cane/corn muck they tend to eat around here not only tastes bad, but it gives me a headache.

You can order it and buy it online... pricing is about the same as what I'd pay in Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire were I to walk into a store and buy it there. ;)

You can order it and buy it online... pricing is about the same as what I'd pay in Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire were I to walk into a store and buy it there. ;)

My mother's family is from rural Ohio. They grew up down the road from a family that makes syrup, and my aunt who lives here now occasionally goes back to visit. She brings back gallon cans of it. :D

I hear nice maple syrup is nigh impossible to get down in the lower parts of the U.S. :(

One alternative here in the southwest, popular among crunchier circles, is agave-based syrup. It's not bad, and doesn't have a lot of the negative traits of corn-based alternatives, but it's nowhere near the real thing.

This thread has caused me to lose faith in the community, the devs, the internet, Napoleon Bonaparte, the color fuchsia, and 436. There is no hope and we are doomed.

Waffles was the only correct answer, OP was a trick question.

I'm going to waffle (not go for waffles, I'm waffle-ing, though the name does come from waffles). Both have unique properties, bot great for different occasions.

Besides, I'm going with a BLT.

Damnit. Now I gotta go make a BLT... with mayo. Thanks a lot.

you cant put a wad of turkey, ham and swiss cheese between two waffles and make the best sandwich ever invented. you need french toast for that. last time i made a monte cristo i even used real french bread hand sliced to about an inch thick. the eggs were whipped to a creamy froth the bread dipped such that it would spring back to its original form when squeezed between your fingers. cook one side, flip, apply cheese and ham or turkey (half and half of each) then fold them over once the other side of the french toast is cooked. then let em sit on the griddle on a low setting and let the second law of thermodynamics do its job. for a side dish you can have a second sandwich (in a restaurant the would give you fries, but i find it distasteful to put such a glorious sandwich next to the peasant side dish that is fries). its just the best thing ever done with a breakfast staple (excluding bacon of course).

a waffle can only be a waffle, no matter how much syrup, jelly, and whipped cream you try to put on top of it.

Edited by Nuke

you cant put a wad of turkey, ham and swiss cheese between two waffles and make the best sandwich ever invented.

That is your opinion

a waffle can only be a waffle, no matter how much syrup, jelly, and whipped cream you try to put on top of it.

That's all a waffle needs to be. You wouldn't taint the master waffle-genetics would you?

Waffles was the only correct answer, OP was a trick question.

Rarely do I so strongly agree with a post as I do with this one.

People responding french toast must never have had real waffles, only the vaguely-similar frozen junk. Fresh waffles from a proper press with real maple syrup is a very difficult breakfast to beat.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.