Launchpad troubles

imortalvalk

Is there anyway to make it bigger? I would love to be able to construct wider spacecraft or launch a decent sized space station into orbit.

No, but there are ways around it; if you move your ship far enough to one side, you can start on the ground next to it (although you run a significant risking of spawning under the ground).

you can move your ship to the side? That would do lol, how?

Hold Shift and select your ship, then move it as far to the side as you can. Change your camera angle, and do it again; you should be able to get it near (or through) the edge of the VAB; then, just launch normally. Remember to save first.

Thanks very much. had no idea the position in the VAB affected launch position.

I don\'t think it\'s actually supposed to, but there might be a glitch in the code that centers the ship on the pad.

There\'s a part you can get that basically adds a giant raised platform to the bottom of your rocket. I can\'t remember what it\'s called though, looks like a spring thing from sonic.

It\'s pretty big enough for me. Unless your making some uber wide rocket or a space station (unimplemented) I\'m happy with it for now. But I\'m pretty sure that eventually we will be able to choose form different launch sites and, evidently, different launch pads or even different VAB\'s. Plenty of potential even on the ground in this game! :D

No, but there are ways around it; if you move your ship far enough to one side, you can start on the ground next to it (although you run a significant risking of spawning under the ground).

Well under the ground..that dosent help