[1.2.2] Realistic Progression Zero (RP-0) - Lightweight RealismOverhaul career v0.53 June 12

pjf

Thanks for updating! I was still experiencing the same problem (ckan not installing and manual installation not working), but I managed to solve it. If anyone is interested all I had to do was copy a couple random .dll files (I used techmanager.dll) in the unrecognised mods directories and rename them as ckan requires (SXT.dll and CommunityTechTree.dll in my case). This tricks ckan into autodetecting the mods. I was then able to install RP-0 via the command line and everything seems to be working fine.

Bender222: The AJ10-37 etc modeled in RP-0 (a clone of the poodle, or rather Ven's new SPS) does not have restarts. Later Delta engines (starting with the AJ10-110E) had restart capability, and obviously Apollo SPS (AJ10-137) had lots of restarts, but none of the early AJ10s did.

Ah, I see (re: contracts/science).

Spid: That is a really, really bad idea. RP-0 *requires* SXT. SXT is a parts pack. Your career will not function correctly without it, and creating copies of another DLL and naming it that will just cause problems. The Community Tech Tree is a single cfg file; without it, your tech tree will not function correctly, and if you name some other DLL to that all you are doing is breaking KSP. Please don't.

Oh I have both installed (manually) and they're working inside ksp, but ckan wasn't detecting them properly and refused to install rp-0 because of that. The dlls were also removed just after the installation to avoid conflicts.

Thanks for updating! I was still experiencing the same problem (ckan not installing and manual installation not working), but I managed to solve it. If anyone is interested all I had to do was copy a couple random .dll files (I used techmanager.dll) in the unrecognised mods directories and rename them as ckan requires (SXT.dll and CommunityTechTree.dll in my case). This tricks ckan into autodetecting the mods. I was then able to install RP-0 via the command line and everything seems to be working fine.

We deal with the ancient horror that lies between the stars, that which has existed before the first fish crawled from the oceans, and which shall exist when the world has turned to dust. We make it palatable, so those who see it may not be driven insane; we paint it with gloss and pretend it fair. Yet even without the eldritch markings, the skin of the wayfarers conjure those dark memories: the immortal beings that once fared between the stars, of which this world is but a mere rest stop in their terrible journey.

For it is true, at the time of festival the nature of space distorts, ripe and fertile to receive the ancient rituals, those glimpsed in dreams where the angles are wrong, and where sounds that no human could make echo from the depths that no mortal may fathom. In ages part the rites were performed in darkness and snow, with blood and fire; in time the rituals have changed, yet they are still unmistakeable for what they are, causing depthless horror to fill the breasts of all those who look upon them.

And yet, the world still stands, the sky still hangs above us, the rituals have passed. Be it that the stars themselves are not yet ready, or the eldritch files were not placed correctly in that unconscionable pattern demanded of old, the world remains unaware of what has passed; counting it as little more than the frivolities of those who worship the beings of malachite form who plumb the depths of space.

As it was once, so it is still. Next year, the festival may awaken that which is sleeping, and our work upon this earth shall be done. Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Edited by pjf

We deal with the ancient horror that lies between the stars, that which has existed before the first fish crawled from the oceans, and which shall exist when the world has turned to dust. We make it palatable, so those who see it may not be driven insane; we paint it with gloss and pretend it fair. Yet even without the eldritch markings, the skin of the wayfarers conjure those dark memories: the immortal beings that once fared between the stars, of which this world is but a mere rest stop in their terrible journey.

For it is true, at the time of festival the nature of space distorts, ripe and fertile to receive the ancient rituals, those glimpsed in dreams where the angles are wrong, and where sounds that no human could make echo from the depths that no mortal may fathom. In ages part the rites were performed in darkness and snow, with blood and fire; in time the rituals have changed, yet they are still unmistakeable for what they are, causing depthless horror to fill the breasts of all those who look upon them.

And yet, the world still stands, the sky still hangs above us, the rituals have passed. Be it that the stars themselves are not yet ready, or the eldritch files were not placed correctly in that unconscionable pattern demanded of old, the world remains unaware of what has passed; counting it as little more than the frivolities of those who worship the beings of malachite form who plumb the depths of space.

As it was once, so it is still. Next year, the festival may awaken that which is sleeping, and our work upon this earth shall be done. Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

The SXT archive contains a single directory that has to go inside GameData, I really don't see how I could've misplaced that.

There doesn't seem to be a file named SXT.dll inside the archive at all.

Also Ia! Ia! Cthulhu ftaghn!

I've made a new install and started a new save for 0.9 and have encountered a bug where parts aren't going into their correct tech nodes. For example the 1 man capsule is in the first node, along with the gamma engines and a bunch of other stuff that would usually be there but shouldn't be with RP0. Regular contracts that shouldn't be available are also loading such as one to reach 5km. This is a manually install because ckan wouldn't work because TAC life support, and I've tried re-installing RP0 and module manager. Does anyone have a fix for this?

I like and am thankful for the work put into these mods for ksp. I really am

But is possible to do something like..

Creating some sort of part/module that allows you to test things like (can we see in space) (can we eat in space) (first EVA) (can we dock in space) but not have them be in the same node, it would make multiple manned missions to LEO more fun. As of now and as always, one LEO manned mission and your pretty much regulated to go to the moon.

I've made a new install and started a new save for 0.9 and have encountered a bug where parts aren't going into their correct tech nodes. For example the 1 man capsule is in the first node, along with the gamma engines and a bunch of other stuff that would usually be there but shouldn't be with RP0. Regular contracts that shouldn't be available are also loading such as one to reach 5km. This is a manually install because ckan wouldn't work because TAC life support, and I've tried re-installing RP0 and module manager. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Same problem I had, for some reason manual install doesn't work. I posted a workaround above (remember to install the dependencies before doing that).

Same problem I had, for some reason manual install doesn't work. I posted a workaround above (remember to install the dependencies before doing that).

Strangely RP0 doesn't seem to show up at all in the CKAN GUI for 0.90, and i don't know how to use the command line. Has anyone else had a problem with manual installs not working?

Are you under Windows? If so, just type cmd in your start menu to bring up the console. If you don't know how to navigate through it you can simply copy ckan.exe in the directory it displays then type "ckan.exe install RP-0" without quotes.

I think I figured out what goes wrong with the manual install for 0.90. The 'tree.cfg' file in the 'gamedata/RP-0 folder' does not get generated and therefore the tech tree becomes the default CTT. I did a CKAN install on a 0.25 KSP version and copied the file to the 0.90 KSP install and it seems to work. I could post the tree.cfg that was generated, but am not sure if I am allowed to.

I think I figured out what goes wrong with the manual install for 0.90. The 'tree.cfg' file in the 'gamedata/RP-0 folder' does not get generated and therefore the tech tree becomes the default CTT. I did a CKAN install on a 0.25 KSP version and copied the file to the 0.90 KSP install and it seems to work. I could post the tree.cfg that was generated, but am not sure if I am allowed to.

Well that seems to work, but the 0.25 tech tree is very out of date. I've tried moving the tree.yml in the RP0 master directory into gamedata, and tried ding the same but converting it into cfg, but nothing worked. Can someone in the know tell us if this was an oversight or if we are missing something

Well that seems to work, but the 0.25 tech tree is very out of date. I've tried moving the tree.yml in the RP0 master directory into gamedata, and tried ding the same but converting it into cfg, but nothing worked. Can someone in the know tell us if this was an oversight or if we are missing something

When you say compiling the yaml didn't work, do you mean you couldn't get it properly compiled, or that the compiled version didn't work properly?

When you say compiling the yaml didn't work, do you mean you couldn't get it properly compiled, or that the compiled version didn't work properly?

I just tried copying it into gamedata/RP0. I have no idea how one compiles or indeed what compiling is. Is it the note at the top of the file about Pearl and DWIM Pearl?

I regenerated the tree.cfg using perl and yml2mm and I did not see any difference between the 0.25 (through fresh 0.25 RP-0 CKAN install done this morning) and the 0.90 new tree.cfg file. I checked github and all changes made to tree.yml from 8 days ago are making it into the 0.25 CKAN install.

Edited by ZaPPPa

I regenerated the tree.cfg using perl and yml2mm and I did not see any difference between the 0.25 (through fresh 0.25 RP-0 CKAN install done this morning) and the 0.90 new tree.cfg file. I checked github and all changes made to tree.yml from 8 days ago are making it into the 0.25 CKAN install.

Oh, I asumed it was wrong because some stuff seemed in the wrong place, like the LR87-H2 was in orbital rocketry, and the RL-10 beeing in heavy rocketery, while they where both in Early Hydrolox Engines on my last install, along with a bunch of other things.

Ive tried a fresh install and Im still getting parts in the wrong places, early capsules being impossible to unlock for some reason and some parts having wrong entry costs, even with the new tree.cfg. Are you guys sure your tech trees are right?

Ive tried a fresh install and Im still getting parts in the wrong places, early capsules being impossible to unlock for some reason and some parts having wrong entry costs, even with the new tree.cfg. Are you guys sure your tech trees are right?

I have my suspicions as well. With nothing unlocked, I can't even seem to build a very decent looking sounding rocket. Certainly I can't build the same thing as in NathanKell's album.

EDIT: NathanKell mind saying what parts packs you had installed to build the rockets in your album? Right now I am running with the absolute minimum, only required mods for RO/RSS and Required + Recommended for RP-0

Edited by Agathorn

In my RP-0 game I have no issues with the tech tree, parts or anything like that. Everything is where it should be for me. Mind telling your install and start up process is?

When you start a fresh game you are selecting the Community Tech Tree right? Like there should be a menu that pops up and ask what tech tree you want, and you just select the community tech tree one. Also don't forget the Community Tech Tree is an add-on for Tech Manager, so you need that as well or CTT will not work. It isn't a stand-alone mod.
I have my suspicions as well. With nothing unlocked, I can't even seem to build a very decent looking sounding rocket. Certainly I can't build the same thing as in NathanKell's album.

EDIT: NathanKell mind saying what parts packs you had installed to build the rockets in your album? Right now I am running with the absolute minimum, only required mods for RO/RSS and Required + Recommended for RP-0

The part mods I use that RP-0 has already sorted balance wise are the 3 procedural mods (Fairings, Parts & Wings), SXT, Ven's, DMagic & SCANSat, Universal Storage, and FASA. That is just off the top of my head, but I can't think of any others I use. For the sounding rocket I use the procedural tanks. Procedural Tanks are used for most things. There are also some texture packs running around you can find for more textures for those tanks that are very nice.