[1.2.2] Realistic Progression Zero (RP-0) - Lightweight RealismOverhaul career v0.53 June 12

pjf

So how long are these sounding rocket contracts supposed to continue ? I'm getting to the point where I need more dV than I'd need to put these things into orbit (15Mm contract). Am I supposed to just stop doing these on my own ?

For me they kept showing up until the desired altitude was outside the SOI, so i was unable to fullfill it. It may need some upper limit, going past the Moon with a sounding rocket does not seem right to me.

Hi!

Wrong displayed craft stats window mass after loading a rocket hinders me to launch it.

I am using procedural real fuel tank calculated mass with MechJeb seems fine to me and also craft stats displays correct mass when designing rocket.

But as soon as I save and load the rocket again craft stat mass is displayed way to big about a factor 10 to 20 and Mechjeb reports correct mass (the same as when I did design it firstly.

Anyone know whats going on here

Hi!

Wrong displayed craft stats window mass after loading a rocket hinders me to launch it.

I am using procedural real fuel tank calculated mass with MechJeb seems fine to me and also craft stats displays correct mass when designing rocket.

But as soon as I save and load the rocket again craft stat mass is displayed way to big about a factor 10 to 20 and Mechjeb reports correct mass (the same as when I did design it firstly.

Anyone know whats going on here

KSP doesn't read the mass of RealFuels properly. Empty the fuel and fuel it on the pad. Like in real life :)

- - - Updated - - -

For me they kept showing up until the desired altitude was outside the SOI, so i was unable to fullfill it. It may need some upper limit, going past the Moon with a sounding rocket does not seem right to me.

It does seem odd, but that has been done in real life.

The contracts simply replace KSP's stock progressive altitude contracts which do the same thing. They continue to rise. Just stop doing them whenever you want. Once you've made orbit you will unlock a lot of other contracts.

It does seem odd, but that has been done in real life.

The contracts simply replace KSP's stock progressive altitude contracts which do the same thing. They continue to rise. Just stop doing them whenever you want. Once you've made orbit you will unlock a lot of other contracts.

The contracts do need a little work. I started getting manned spaceflight contracts before I had a manned capsule. Plus all the contracts to put satelites in specific orbits come way before you really have the ability to control the final orbit of your stuff.

KSP doesn't read the mass of RealFuels properly. Empty the fuel and fuel it on the pad. Like in real life :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for fast reply , but even if I dump fuel, and save/load the rocket my mass is still massivly wrong??

Its also the same after each mission

I have switched from Win64 to Linux64 to allow me to use all the mods I want in all their beauty. Everything works fine, except: I don't get any helpful contracts. Oddly, the only mission offered is "Human Spaceflight: Kerbin Orbital" at the beginning of a new career. Which is impossible to do with just sounding rockets, obviously.

Any idea on how I can figure out the cause of missing contracts?

I have switched from Win64 to Linux64 to allow me to use all the mods I want in all their beauty. Everything works fine, except: I don't get any helpful contracts. Oddly, the only mission offered is "Human Spaceflight: Kerbin Orbital" at the beginning of a new career. Which is impossible to do with just sounding rockets, obviously.

Are you using TextureReplacer? If so try removing it.

First of all I wanted to thank the author and all contributors to this mod that I am thoroughly enjoying.

I also would like to ask if there is an "easy" way to prune all the parts that are not supported by RP0. I have used the pruner on my Realism Overhaul installation and was wondering if there might be a way to create a list file with all the parts that are completely unsopported.

Hello !

I just installed, via CKAN, RP-0 + RO + RSS + all dependencies. I would like to know if it is normal that I can see parts with "non RP-0" in their name. Shouldn't they be hidden/deleted by ModuleManager ?

If it is normal, as I understand they are not managed by the RP-0 tech tree, is there a way, with ModuleManager, to hide them in my game?

Thanks

Yep, I can write a quick MM to hide all those parts. It won't unload the assets though. Someone should be able to write a script for the latter, though, without too much trouble--it would pull from MM's ConfigCache and then crossreference with existing prune lists.

Thanks for fast reply , but even if I dump fuel, and save/load the rocket my mass is still massivly wrong??

Its also the same after each mission

I'm having a similar issue, for me it is a problem with the Procedural SRBs. When I load a craft into the VAB with them on their mass is suddenly a lot heavier, and I can expand them beyond the tech-level restrictions. The work-around is to re-create the SRBs everytime I load the craft.

Edit: The masses when right-clicking on the SRBs appear to be correct, but the mass check in the bottom right that allows me to launch (or not) reports the craft as being a lot heavier. Burn time is also changed on load.

Edited by Julexus Quandem

So I'm guessing that there is no way to fulfill a sounding rocket record when the altitude it wants is outside the planets SOI. I took a contract to get a sounding rocket up to 1,085,980,000m. But the rocket leaves Kerbin's SOI before reaching that altitude and even though it's at 133,974,780,000m from Kerbol, the contract still isn't complete.

I'm having a similar issue, for me it is a problem with the Procedural SRBs. When I load a craft into the VAB with them on their mass is suddenly a lot heavier, and I can expand them beyond the tech-level restrictions. The work-around is to re-create the SRBs everytime I load the craft.

Edit: The masses when right-clicking on the SRBs appear to be correct, but the mass check in the bottom right that allows me to launch (or not) reports the craft as being a lot heavier. Burn time is also changed on load.

Yes you are right the problem comes from Procedural SRB, can confirm all above

[...] I don't get any helpful contracts. Oddly, the only mission offered is "Human Spaceflight: Kerbin Orbital" at the beginning of a new career. Which is impossible to do with just sounding rockets, obviously.

Are you using TextureReplacer? If so try removing it.

I would never have guessed that to be the problem, but you are spot-on. I reported it over on the Texture Replacer thread. Thank you very much.

hello , I am having problem with the message " the connection to send command on " and with that I have no control on the ship , I installed using CKAN and put antennas due to remote tech but nothing works , aid is welcome , thank you

If there's no connection, you don't have a link to a ground station. Check your craft for its antenna ranges.

There are various sources to read up on how to set up a stable connection network:

http://remotetechnologiesgroup.github.io/RemoteTech/

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Tutorial:RemoteTech

While most are focused on stock Kerbin, the principles are true just as well for RSS. You actually have an advantage in RSS, as every launch site features a ground station for Remote Tech as well, so much more area is already covered by them.

One potential issue: Did you activate the "RemoteTech RSS config" as well in CKAN? If not, your antennas will have way too little range to be useful in RSS.

If you dislike the whole concept of RemoteTech, you can also just disable the mod in CKAN. It won't interfere with your RSS experience.

thanks for the help, I had already played with the Remote Tech, I did not like much, the game is already not very simple and the mod made ​​it even more complicated, but I'll try again, I noticed that there is only one red point on earth, I saw a video on youtube and there were a lot of them, how do I fix it? I already reinstalled several times and did not work, I also do not have activated this setting by CKAN , can you explain how to do? , sorry for bad English, once again, thank you .

thanks for the help, I had already played with the Remote Tech, I did not like much, the game is already not very simple and the mod made ​​it even more complicated, but I'll try again, I noticed that there is only one red point on earth, I saw a video on youtube and there were a lot of them, how do I fix it? I already reinstalled several times and did not work, I also do not have activated this setting by CKAN , can you explain how to do? , sorry for bad English, once again, thank you .

If you only have one red dot then it means you did not install the RSS Configs for RemoteTech as Senshi pointed out. You need to install that config either manually or via CKAN or else you won't have the ground stations.

A. If you installed RP-0 via CKAN, do this (or skip to B)

1. Open (your KSP folder) / GameData / RemoteTech

2. Delete RemoteTech_settings.cfg

3. Launch CKAN, search for RSS RemoteTech. Install that settings file.

B. If you installed manually (or don't want to bother with the above)

1. Download this file, RemoteTech_Settings.cfg.

2. Place it in (your KSP folder) / GameData / RemoteTech (overwrite when prompted).

I'm having issues with the AJ10 (early) engine, Why does it produce no thrust? The right klick menu says it does and the fuel tank drains but my speed does not changes. Anyone knows why this is?

Hi. I feel like I've missed something - is there not an overview of the changes this makes somewhere?

I've been using the Scope, Economy, and Tech Integration (SETI) mod which rebalances the tech tree - particularly by putting the focus in the early game on more historical stuff like unmanned probes and jet engines as well as reducing part clutter by using procedural parts wherever possible - and I was wondering how realism overhaul's career mode compares.

Are Bobcats Soviet Engines going to be supported? They're not for now, if I'm not mistaken?

Also I got a question about the "NathanKell's very realistic career" screenshots. What mod are the awesome interstages on Prometheus/Centaur C from?

Roth, the Soviet Engines arent supported, but I use them anyways (With my own discretion). Basically, they unlock ridiculously early, so I recommend that if you use them, make yourself wait for a later node when you think you should unlock them. They are too massive for general use in the beginning, anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I would also like to say that this mod is suprisingly well balanced. Its extremely difficult, and a touch finicky at times, but if you love realism, you will not be able to get enough of this. I'm personally only at the point in the game where my Sounding Rockets are barely flying outside the atmosphere, but I am LOVING it regardless.