[1.2.2] Realistic Progression Zero (RP-0) - Lightweight RealismOverhaul career v0.53 June 12

pjf

It's much more cfg work than C# work to be honest. In fact, there's very little code that needs to be written for RP-0, it's all either configuring the tech tree or configuring contracts or configuring science.

NEW RELEASE!

v0.32 aka Nyan Patch

3ec13fa2-032f-11e5-9128-24f6efb1d39b.jpg

(aka "I will totally mash the release button if I spot commits on master...")

• WAC sustainer is more reliable when using Test Flight (NathanKell)
  • Placed and priced the baby sergeant clone. It's so cute (NathanKell)
  • Fixed typos that caused various launch clamps to not be placed properly (Dasms)

- - - Updated - - -

Depends, what the job looks like. My C# coding skills are just very basic :)

The tech tree doesn't require any C# at all. Here's what it looks like. You can even edit it in your browser on github.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If possible, with the work you're doing on updating RP0 for KSP 1, is there the chance of moving all non-RP0 parts into separate tech nodes? That way the parts are still available if you really need one, but they don't clutter up the "working" nodes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I love your Mods (KSP RSS/RO) And would love to be able to get RP-0 up to date. I have a small bit of coding experience (mostly in c#, not a lot though) Is there anything I can do to help out?

I have screwed around a bit with the config files,nothing major. Just editing stats mostly. (Changing Remote Tech settings in the older days)

Edited by catas4trophy

Hey I noticed that rp-0 was now on ckan, but when I installed it... I noticed some things odd... I never got asked which tech tree I wanted to load, alarm clock wouldnt cange the date, to 1950 something, and when I checked the rd building I saw the stock tree

Hey I noticed that rp-0 was now on ckan, but when I installed it... I noticed some things odd... I never got asked which tech tree I wanted to load, alarm clock wouldnt cange the date, to 1950 something, and when I checked the rd building I saw the stock tree

RP-0 is not yet updated to 1.0.x, but it appears as if it will be soonTM. Here's the update checklist, which was just created 8 hours ago as of this writing: https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/issues/154

It was a several days journey from buying a dedicated SSD to host Linux Mint 64b to configuring my video card driver to installing KSP+RSS+RO.

Now all I need is a working RP-0 for maximum and total enjoyment.

Good news : i'm in holidays soon and i'll have plenty of time to help.

Please, PM me how i can help (my scripting skill is < 0 )

I could help with something, I suppose. I'm on holidays so I have quite bit of time :)

I have done quite bit of messing with config files, so i'm pretty familiar with those. No idea how to do anything related to dll's or such :P I can always try learn something though.

Throw a PM at me and show what I could help with and how.

Edited by Shurikeeen
word

I would love to help but after looking at that to do list I just have to admit that I don't have a clue how to do any of these things, so unless someone wants to teach my sth easy I don't think there's anything I could do... :-(.

So thx guys for your hard work on all of this.

Massive thanks to Warp11 for reminding us that that needs to be done! Totally slipped my mind. The Todo list is updated.

I will shortly be creating an issue on the repo detailing what are the 'first priority' experiments.

Hi,

my install is too big, but I think I did not install too much in terms of parts, only AIES, B9, FASA, SXT, KAS, KIS but my install uses too much memory.

I dont want to use OpenGL, its too slow.

I have three questions

1) I dont want the non-rp0 parts hanging in there, since I dont want to use them for balancing reasons they only annoy, because I play with entry purchases, so I removed them via ModuleManager by adding this

!PART[*]:HAS[~RP0conf[],#RSSROConfig[true]]:FINAL { }

!PART[*]:HAS[~RP0conf[],#RSSROConfig[True]]:FINAL { }

!PART[*]:HAS[~RP0conf[],~RSSROConfig[]]:FINAL { }

!PART[*]:HAS[~RP0conf[],#RSSROConfig[false]]:FINAL { }

!PART[*]:HAS[~RP0conf[],#RSSROConfig[False]]:FINAL { }

!PART[*]:HAS[#RP0conf[false],#RSSROConfig[true]]:FINAL { }

!PART[*]:HAS[#RP0conf[false],#RSSROConfig[True]]:FINAL { }

!PART[*]:HAS[#RP0conf[false],#RSSROConfig[false]]:FINAL { }

!PART[*]:HAS[#RP0conf[false],#RSSROConfig[False]]:FINAL { }

!PART[*]:HAS[#RP0conf[false],~RSSROConfig[]]:FINAL { }

!PART[*]:HAS[#RP0conf[true],~RSSROConfig[]]:FINAL { }

does this really remove the parts, such that they do not use memory?

if not

2) is there a way to really remove them from the game? Or maybe automatically, this pruner http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/101309-Script-AutoPruner-v1-1-Prune-those-parts-that-suck-up-your-RAM!-%282015-018%29 need scripts. Does someone have a good script for rp-0 with all procedural parts?

2b) Because I also want to remove redundant stuff, like tanks, stock parachutes, strange tweak-skaleable engines

3) There are some empty nodes in the rp-0 (community-techtree?). How can I fill them (e.x. engineering 101). It is strange that researching one of two L1 nodes does not provide any part

Best Regards

â–¼

Just out of interest a few questions:

Are you gonna integrate mining?

When Squad gets Win 64bit running how hard will it be to get RO, RSS etc running on it?

Could a 32bit save be continued?

I'm just interested because I've got a 64bit system and can't use its full power right now and RSS seems to be a bit much to handle in 32 bit.

Thx a lot

Edited by Warp11

does this really remove the parts, such that they do not use memory?
The PART structure is indeed will be freed from meory, but KSP will still load textures and models, so You need, say, AutoPruner. Feel free to share Your tested .prnl's here ;-)

When Squad gets Win 64bit running how hard will it be to get RO, RSS etc running on it?

I'm just interested because I've got a 64bit system and can't use its full power right now and RSS seems to be a bit much to handle in 32 bit.

Thx a lot

mining: very unlikely given that the current system of mining in KSP is not realistic at all. Someone working on realisting ISRU though.

The other Q: both will be possible.

Thx a lot

You might want to ask about the ISRU in the Realism Overhaul thread